Constructive feedback thread for FS22

BulletBill

Re: Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Post by BulletBill »

Stegei wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:12 am chedly_farms & BulletBill, we made a huge improvement in rendering performance of trees and other small replicated objects. Along with the other general performance improvements and the occlusion culling, I expect mappers to set the clip distances further for many more objects.
It of course can still make sense to individually tune the clip distances for every object based on what makes sense (like using a larger clip distance for the border buildings of an area and use lower ones for the things inside that will mostly occluded by the outer buildings (our occlusion culling is fully conservative, so that it will only remove objects if they are for sure not visible by a single pixel. So if you want some performance/quality tradeoff, you still might want to tune those distances). But it will be much less important, especially for the tree lods.
That's great to hear Stegei... obviously when building a map your always having to make some compromises, so to be able to not have to make as many compromises allowing for more detail visible further away is a good thing, particularly tree LODs, particularly for more open maps.

With the Occlusion culling, I'm assuming this is an option or collision mask value we add to a model mesh (building) in GE?
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

With the Occlusion culling, I'm assuming this is an option or collision mask value we add to a model mesh (building) in GE?

I think it will work in a similar fashion to the way Frustrum Culled does in GE in other words, what you see is what you get

Here is a link explaining it and how it works and is implemented

https://developer.nvidia.com/gpugems/gp ... on-culling
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

Going back to the constructive feedback: I’d like for GIANTS to please consider adding the following new control options to the base game.

They don’t have to assign any keys or buttons in the default input bindings, just make the controls available for us to assign buttons ourselves:
  • Look behind the tractor
    A control that rotate the camera 180 degrees clockwise on the first button press and then 180 degrees anti-clockwise on the second press to illustrate looking over your right shoulder. Why? Quickly being able to see what is happening behind the tractor is crucial while playing the game from an in-cab point of view, and being able to do it precisely with just the press of a single button is literally game changing.
  • Peek left or right
    One control for each that turn the camera ~ 45 degrees while a button is held down and then return the view to normal when the button is released. Why? Having an easy way of quickly peeking left or right when making a turn or looking out for AI traffic is really helpful and a huge benefit for those of us who don’t have eye or head tracking equipment.
  • Toggle all HUD elements
    A control that hides all HUD elements on screen except notifications (worker finished job, money spent or received etc.) when a button is pressed and on second press makes them visible again. Why? Being able to hide the HUD completely really improve the immersion when playing this game in first person. This is also helpful for anyone who might fear burn-in from the many hours of gameplay, including console players that often play on their large screen TVs. It’s such a small thing with a tremendous benefit for all kinds of players who don’t need to constantly look at the HUD.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

michaelr wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:35 pm Going back to the constructive feedback: I’d like for GIANTS to please consider adding the following new control options to the base game.

They don’t have to assign any keys or buttons in the default input bindings, just make the controls available for us to assign buttons ourselves:
    A control that rotate the camera 180 degrees clockwise on the first button press and then 180 degrees anti-clockwise on the second press to illustrate looking over your right shoulder. Why? Quickly being able to see what is happening behind the tractor is crucial while playing the game from an in-cab point of view, and being able to do it precisely with just the press of a single button is literally game changing.
  • Peek left or right
    One control for each that turn the camera ~ 45 degrees while a button is held down and then return the view to normal when the button is released. Why? Having an easy way of quickly peeking left or right when making a turn or looking out for AI traffic is really helpful and a huge benefit for those of us who don’t have eye or head tracking equipment.
    A control that hides all HUD elements on screen except notifications (worker finished job, money spent or received etc.) when a button is pressed and on second press makes them visible again. Why? Being able to hide the HUD completely really improve the immersion when playing this game in first person. This is also helpful for anyone who might fear burn-in from the many hours of gameplay, including console players that often play on their large screen TVs. It’s such a small thing with a tremendous benefit for all kinds of players who don’t need to constantly look at the HUD.
Good suggestions. These would be very handy. I wish they would make the mirrors useful as well
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

michaelr wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:35 pm Going back to the constructive feedback: I’d like for GIANTS to please consider adding the following new control options to the base game.

• Peek left or right
There's a great (PC only) mod for this https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

... and while they are at it this one as well https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Peek left or right
Would also be nice to have it so it appears to lean forward before peeking
I wish they would make the mirrors useful as well
Just allowing adjustable field of view would be nice (like ETS) remember using scripts in FS13/15 like Additional backup cam and rafftnixGUI scripts to create useful camera's to emulate mirrors
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

With mirrors, give us the option to adjust them, or place them in better positions to start with?
The camera thing I like, especially if it would move the cameras position like the one mod (I forget the name of it)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

That’s pretty awesome to see my one big wish come to fruition. Thank you Devs. It will help me enjoy a lot more maps. Thank you!
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
empato

Post by empato »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:37 pm That’s pretty awesome to see my one big wish come to fruition. Thank you Devs. It will help me enjoy a lot more maps. Thank you!
Did I miss something? What are you talking about?
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

empato wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:24 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:37 pm That’s pretty awesome to see my one big wish come to fruition. Thank you Devs. It will help me enjoy a lot more maps. Thank you!
Did I miss something? What are you talking about?
Stegei wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:12 am chedly_farms & BulletBill, we made a huge improvement in rendering performance of trees and other small replicated objects. Along with the other general performance improvements and the occlusion culling, I expect mappers to set the clip distances further for many more objects.
It of course can still make sense to individually tune the clip distances for every object based on what makes sense (like using a larger clip distance for the border buildings of an area and use lower ones for the things inside that will mostly occluded by the outer buildings (our occlusion culling is fully conservative, so that it will only remove objects if they are for sure not visible by a single pixel. So if you want some performance/quality tradeoff, you still might want to tune those distances). But it will be much less important, especially for the tree lods.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
empato

Post by empato »

Ah yes, thanks. I forgot that info from Stegei, but it sounds indeed like a huge step forward.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

I have a suggestion as well. With Low Loader trailers the ability to strap down a vehicle would be really useful. While I laugh at the hilarity that ensues when a piece of equipment slips off, it can also be annoying. If you can haul something on a trailer (anything really) you should be able to secure it to the vehicle. Visible straps or chains would be nice, but anything would be better than what is in the game currently. 15, 17 and 19 have all had this issue. Please fix it for 22.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

DEERE317
The camera thing I like, especially if it would move the cameras position like the one mod (I forget the name of it)
Here's a little pic of what was available in FS13/15 in the way of camera's

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

TheSuBBie wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:42 pm
DEERE317

That’s a lot of cameras! Probably should’ve added that I was referring to the player view/camera.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:45 pm
TheSuBBie wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:42 pm
DEERE317

That’s a lot of cameras! Probably should’ve added that I was referring to the player view/camera.
That must have been a mod? Claas wasn't added until FS19
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads