Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Miketeg

Re: Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Post by Miketeg »

That's nice. My (negative) observation :

- No snow on vehicules
- No RPM increase while folding / unfolding equipment
- Rocks pickup is not very realistic
- Harvested crops textures still look very bad (raisin, sorghum...)

Graphics and equipment looks very nice.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Miketeg wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:42 pm That's nice. My (negative) observation :

- No snow on vehicules

Distance textures for crops are not matched. Its an easy fix in gimp atleast on pc
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Miketeg wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:42 pm That's nice. My (negative) observation :

- No snow on vehicules

My John deere tractors rpms don't increase when folding or unfolding equipment. They are through the hydraulic. I usually leave the tractor in idle when doing that task as well.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:56 pm My John deere tractors rpms don't increase when folding or unfolding equipment. They are through the hydraulic. I usually leave the tractor in idle when doing that task as well.
Doesn't your JD need to up the revs to supply the hydraulic pump?
Illinois Farmer

Nope.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:03 pm
Doesn't your JD need to up the revs to supply the hydraulic pump?
Increasing rpms will speed up hydraulics or help with a heavy load. Most implements are designed to lift or unfold pretty easily and the lines and cylinders even on larger equipment aren’t very big to allow a bunch of flow either. They just aren’t designed to be fast as it’s not really something you are doing repeatedly.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

That's good info. I'm an has been farmer and I remember the MF 3140 we had on the farm reved up when we were folding/unfolding.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yea, you don't have to rev up at all unless it's a decent load. Only time I rev up with hydraulics is unloading a Meyer silage wagon. It's also easy to change how much pressure you send through the hydraulics. Plus, if the manual transmission has neutral, revving a little while folding the implement shouldn't be an issue
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Mwal wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:31 pm
Increasing rpms will speed up hydraulics or help with a heavy load. Most implements are designed to lift or unfold pretty easily and the lines and cylinders even on larger equipment aren’t very big to allow a bunch of flow either. They just aren’t designed to be fast as it’s not really something you are doing repeatedly.
Thanks for the info. I'm probably thinking of small, low power tractors.
I've also seen it on hooklift trucks, but the hydraulic cylinder is huge there.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Dapp wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:06 am last night I saw a new video of the updated fs22 preview version, what struck me is that there is now a rpm meter! I'm super happy with this! very handy with manual transmission vehicles :biggrin2:

Thats nice! Now they can tell when to change the gear. *thumbsup*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Illinois Farmer

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:12 pm Yea, you don't have to rev up at all unless it's a decent load. Only time I rev up with hydraulics is unloading a Meyer silage wagon. It's also easy to change how much pressure you send through the hydraulics. Plus, if the manual transmission has neutral, revving a little while folding the implement shouldn't be an issue
I would have guess those to be pto driven and hydraulics to lift the back door open. That's how the h&s ones work. Anther example would be my jd chisel plow or khun disc, it doesn't matter if the rpms are all the way up or down, the implement will raise and lower the same speed.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

The Meyer wagons we run are 4122s and 8124RT Boss trailers, and with those I just bump the rpms up to 1100-1200 to keep them unloading at a steady pace. The newer Boss trailers probably don't need it as much though. Just habit from when we had 4118 trailers converted from PTO to hydraulic pump kits. But other than that, all our implements don't care about rpm
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Oh gotcha make sense. I have a neighbor that has 20000 acres and 5000 beef cattle. They just bought 2 of the big boss wagons. He said they can unload in like 4 mins. It is crazy ha.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yeah, our two 8124RTs unload a load of haylage in less than 45 seconds. Corn silage takes a little longer, but its still bonkers watching them. I always try to get a Boss wagon during harvest haha

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Haha that's awesome. The only boss wagon in fs was by modern modding and it is the larger version.