FS22 / PS4 pre-order on PS5

Hallers

Re: FS22 / PS4 pre-order on PS5

Post by Hallers »

I`m sorry, but some of us need to get this inn with the smallest teaspoon availble. If I`m downloding FS22 on my Xbox One this November and buy a Xbox series X later, I wil not have to buy a new version of the game. The game will update it self on the new console. Am I correct or totally wrong?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

With the PS5 September update it is now pretty clear which game in your library or in your collection is which version (PS4 or PS5) of that game.
And my FS22 pre-order still shows as a PS4 game.

This is really starting to concern me. I hope I won't need to buy the same game twice because of a mistake made by Giants or Sony.
PS5 / FS22
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Hallers wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:05 am I`m sorry, but some of us need to get this inn with the smallest teaspoon availble. If I`m downloding FS22 on my Xbox One this November and buy a Xbox series X later, I wil not have to buy a new version of the game. The game will update it self on the new console. Am I correct or totally wrong?
Going by what Stegei said if you do that then it would still be the Xbox one version running under backwards compatibility. To get the Xbox series X features you would have to buy that version which should be a separate game. Giants really needs to clear this up a bit better.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

You can put your Xbox One and PS4 disc in a Xbox Series X (no S because no Drive) / PS5 Drive Version and get the Xbox Series and PS5 version of the game. In that case the console will download the full Xbox Series / PS5 version instead of using the version on the disc.
Also you can upgrade the download versions to the new console versions (this also works with the PS5 Digital Edition and Xbox Series S).
Hallers

Post by Hallers »

Stegei wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:44 am You can put your Xbox One and PS4 disc in a Xbox Series X (no S because no Drive) / PS5 Drive Version and get the Xbox Series and PS5 version of the game. In that case the console will download the full Xbox Series / PS5 version instead of using the version on the disc.
Also you can upgrade the download versions to the new console versions (this also works with the PS5 Digital Edition and Xbox Series S).
Thanks Steigei

So to make it simple. If I switch console later it will require a download to run the game on the preferred console. That is for the downlodable versions then.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Ok, so what I'm having is just a system bug on Sony's side and it won't matter what is shows now but it will download the PS5 version automatically when the game is released.

Thank you :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

I'm not sure if it will download the PS5 version automatically. I think you will need to "upgrade" your version first, but that is a free option.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I always thought the "upgrade" thing as an automatic process. Thanks a lot for tip :hi: I'll pay attention when it starts to download.
PS5 / FS22
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

So the old consoles and new gens will have different slot counts? That’s for sure announced right? I was hopeful they would since new gen is better anyhow

Also thanks for the clarification. I’ll preorder fs22 now knowing that I can just upgrade when I get a ps5
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The slot limits are higher for the new generation of consoles than for the old gen.
On top, even on PS4/XB1, the slot limits are higher for FS22 then for FS19.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Interesting
marsel2512

Post by marsel2512 »

Better graphics, possible realistic beacons on the new gen consoles ?
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

There are upgrade paths for certain games. But most games have separate versions for each game. For example, the newest Call Of Duty has a tool tip pop up when you try to buy it on Xbox One letting you know that this version is only playable on the Series X/S machines.

It's a little confusing. Ultimately that's the problem with not phasing out old-gen consoles, and worse, having a severe shortage of next-gen consoles in stock. The stock issue is said to persist until 2023. Absolutely horrible. I'm strongly considering biting the bullet and just building a gaming pc for my needs. I don't play many AAA games anyway.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Riven326 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:13 pm The stock issue is said to persist until 2023.
Yeah, I don't think I'm waiting until 2023 just to get the PS5 & thats the the year where the next farming game come out if it is announced of course. *thumbsdown*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Keiththeboss

Post by Keiththeboss »

Will fs22 have realistic beacons lights this time around on next gen consoles?