Family Death and inherantence

gordon861

Re: Family Death and inherantence

Post by gordon861 »

WTH, perhaps it should have been a MOD to FS19/22.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

I kinda want to get a pc just to try that lol
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

On my current Griffin game save I came up with a storyline that My grandfather had passed, my parents wanted nothing to do with the farm, so I had to buy out family members to purchase the land and farm it. I'm currently trying to buy land that my uncle owns that he wants to stay in the family. I mean, imagination can take you places. Maybe it's one of those things that helps keep me young.
Last edited by chedly_farms on Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:20 pm imagination can take you places. Maybe it's one of those things that helps keep me young.
Have to say, that's a good one.
Sid1701d

Post by Sid1701d »

Well, I am not really saying anything about a story, because farmers dynasty tried to do the story and character side of farming it is good in a way your grandpa died and left you the farm... Not munch of a change in story there from other games, the character part of the story is lacking because of two reasons, I doubt in real life if a farmer died they would have fully harvestable crops on the field before you got there, unless the person taking care of the farm was using it as payment, but its good for the tutorial part of it. Sure you can get married and have kids, the graphics are good for a start up indie game, but there is one major problem with though games time eventually ends if the character doesn't die. This was the same problem with the first Sims game. Sure its a fun game, but once time ends your pretty much stuck. I wish they added a inhertance system and death that would have made the game ever better. However, if Giants would add marriage and death to charactors, if you married one of the NPC farmers you got access to their field on the map. You have kids and when you die your can pick one of your kids to inherent your farm so you always have the same farm, it just passes from generation to generation. It would really add some random element to the game. You don't even really need a storyline at the beginning.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:00 pm In FS you make your own stories.
For example, in one play through, my uncle wasn't able to run his farm any longer. He was caught stealing his neighbors wheel barrow, and when they executed a search warrant, they found items from several other neighbors. Luckily for me, he was sent to prison for several years, and during that time, I took over operations, and brought the farm back into the black. I occasionally had to steal stuff, but I didn't get caught. When my uncle was finally released on parole, the law executed another search warrant, and guess what they found, yup, all the stuff I stole. Luckily for me again, my uncle got blamed. This week I'll be harvesting some canola, and my uncle will be out of the picture for several more seasons.
They... did... a search... because of a wheelbarrow? :shock: :confusednew: - Good, god... where is your farm located, my friend? The police there are strict! :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

GothicKing13 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:45 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:00 pm In FS you make your own stories.
For example, in one play through, my uncle wasn't able to run his farm any longer. He was caught stealing his neighbors wheel barrow, and when they executed a search warrant, they found items from several other neighbors. Luckily for me, he was sent to prison for several years, and during that time, I took over operations, and brought the farm back into the black. I occasionally had to steal stuff, but I didn't get caught. When my uncle was finally released on parole, the law executed another search warrant, and guess what they found, yup, all the stuff I stole. Luckily for me again, my uncle got blamed. This week I'll be harvesting some canola, and my uncle will be out of the picture for several more seasons.
They... did... a search... because of a wheelbarrow? :shock: :confusednew: - Good, god... where is your farm located, my friend? The police there are strict! :lol:
May’ve been a tracked wheelbarrow like have been discussed in a different thread.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Aha, touché... if it was one of those tracked wheelbarrows then it becomes grand theft. Those aren't cheap. :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I've been instructed to plead the fifth with regards to any wheelbarrow that I may or may not have mentioned.
Sid1701d

Post by Sid1701d »

Yeah, I got a good one you live in the city because your parents moved to the city for their jobs, you just completed you business degree in farming, and your uncle calls you to inform you that your grandpa passed away. You get to the farm everything is in ruin they read the rights of possession, and your uncle informs me that you inherented the farm, go through all the paper work get ready to plow the field and your plow stops, so you get up to see what stopped the plow, and when you dig off the dirt you discovered a human skull, after running a ways you finally get yourself together enough to call the police, What the heck went on in this farm? Is this farm cursed or what? How many more will I find on this farm? Also, everyone loves a good story that has a cliff hanger so I will just leave it like that!