Family Death and inherantence

Sid1701d

Family Death and inherantence

Post by Sid1701d »

I really do love the farming simulator games, but there always seems to be something missing I am glad 22 has seasons which is a great start, but there is so munch to farming that the games don't cover, or some games cover only a part of it. Farming is a way of life, sure giant have gave us the most realistic farming games out there, but other farming sims touched on other areas of the farming area with less realistic farming actions. Farmers Dynasty only mainly covered farming and building and fixing while leaving the graphical area a little to be desired with the people they are all the same age and don't age, you can get get married have kids growup, but wait, the kids don't grow up because than the player would have to die. I know everyone hates that word in computer games, but in Simulation games as soon as the aging stops the emersion is gone in the game. Even though I had to get it because I am a *censored* for games that have a storyline too it, I just got to know the end, but it don't have an end, because your baby will become a kid and than time will freeze, and your kids or grand kids will never have to go back to the farm to start the process all over again.

Maybe some day I will one day be able to make that kind of game. After all the future is out there.
ASOLANDRI

Re: Family Death and inherantence

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Its a Simulator, NOT the Sims so I highly doubt that giants gonna add that feature.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

That's basically life simulator.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Pretty sure the character selection is bigger and there’s a wardrobe type option so maybe you will be able to role play it better this time.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Wishing to simulate the loss of a family member seems a strange thing to want in a game.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Ritchie wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:28 pm Wishing to simulate the loss of a family member seems a strange thing to want in a game.
I know what you mean, but I've seen more than one scenario ... "Your uncle died and left you his farm ....."
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

i don't think farming sim needs or should be rpg. It's meant to be simulator for farming environment/field working, not farmer's life simulator. Character development is insignificant.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

In FS you make your own stories.
For example, in one play through, my uncle wasn't able to run his farm any longer. He was caught stealing his neighbors wheel barrow, and when they executed a search warrant, they found items from several other neighbors. Luckily for me, he was sent to prison for several years, and during that time, I took over operations, and brought the farm back into the black. I occasionally had to steal stuff, but I didn't get caught. When my uncle was finally released on parole, the law executed another search warrant, and guess what they found, yup, all the stuff I stole. Luckily for me again, my uncle got blamed. This week I'll be harvesting some canola, and my uncle will be out of the picture for several more seasons.
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

We all come up with our own back stories about how our farm got its start on whatever map. I don't see a need for Giants to implement a set in stone story that we all have to follow, while the idea is kinda cool, like others have said, this isn't Farmer's Life Sim, its just Farm Sim, and its good as just a sandbox farming game where everyone can make their own rules to fit their play styles. That what makes the role plays interesting, cause everyone's are different.

My playthroughs are based off my real life, I start mine off with what would've happened if my grandparents didn't decide to sell off the farms to pay for my dad's lawyers.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
lawm

Post by lawm »

Dang I didnt realize people go this deep with immersion. I just do the whole setup small farm. Lease and blow thru what's left and take loan for equip and then just farm it out. But hey, if that's how you guys get thousands of hrs gameplay that's cool!

Also I was not saying that as a knock I just thought that people did the role play mostly for YouTube and such
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

lawm wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:05 pm Dang I didnt realize people go this deep with immersion. I just do the whole setup small farm. Lease and blow thru what's left and take loan for equip and then just farm it out. But hey, if that's how you guys get thousands of hrs gameplay that's cool!

Also I was not saying that as a knock I just thought that people did the role play mostly for YouTube and such
I'll be honest and confess that I made up my story on the fly. But my point stands that in FS you can make your own story if that's what you want.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I've reduced the back-story I do these days, it was getting distracting. I think I did the "start from nothing" a couple of times, at least once in FS19 before the real mods came in, and maybe once in FS17

But I don't think there's anything GIANTS should add to help with roleplay/story telling
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
lawm

Post by lawm »

Yes farmboss I agree that you can and should be able to make your own story if you want. Check me off on no to scripted storylines.....or only if it's like Madden where you can turn on or off.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

I think it'd be cool if the game kept track of years for you. Maybe it will now that seasons is added. But beyond that, I don't need the virtual farmer actually aging and developing health issues any more than I need it in real life.
PS4
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins