Map recommendations

mreeveshp

Map recommendations

Post by mreeveshp »

I'm looking for a good 16x American map, right now my main game is on lazy acres, and I just downloaded millennial farms but I don't know how I feel about that one

I'd like to have a decent farmyard to park vehicles and animal pens so if I decide to do animals on that map too, and medium to big fields (I like running bigger equipment until I find all the mods needed to do a retro which is next on my list)

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
ASOLANDRI

Re: Map recommendations

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Was gonna say Griffin, Indiana or something but you said 16x map. Anyways the map I found is Nowhere Kansas which is 16x. *thumbsup*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
mreeveshp

Post by mreeveshp »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:36 am Was gonna say Griffin, Indiana or something but you said 16x map. Anyways the map I found is Nowhere Kansas which is 16x. *thumbsup*
I have Griffin downloaded I just have never loaded into it. I just looked at nowhere and the only problem I have is it doesn't look like it has a lived in feeling, I know a lot of people like Griffin and American life and I just ran across Dahl ranch so debating on that one. Any more recommendations would be appreciated
Last edited by mreeveshp on Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

mreeveshp wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:36 am I'm looking for a good 16x American map, right now my main game is on lazy acres, and I just downloaded millennial farms but I don't know how I feel about that one

I'd like to have a decent farmyard to park vehicles and animal pens so if I decide to do animals on that map too, and medium to big fields (I like running bigger equipment until I find all the mods needed to do a retro which is next on my list)

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
If you think your PC can handle it, camil mapping fs19 made a 24x map called Peace River, BC. It unfortunately doesn't support animals due to its size, but it's a great map to use if you like big farming.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

If you like the looks of Dahl and Griffin Indiana, I think you'd enjoy Flint Hills. It's a 4x, not a 16, but it's pretty wide open with a few nice custom farm yard options. Great attention to detail on this map too as well as excellent custom crop and soil textures.
mreeveshp

Post by mreeveshp »

I downloaded american life just from videos I've seen, what is all of your opinions on it. I like that it has animals, a lot or storage, and some of the fields look pretty big but it's hard to tell just from the picture of the map, it just seemed big when a youtuber did a tour and drove around the map.

I'm kind of thinking starting on there or Griffin. The x16s that I have found just don't seem as interesting. So I'm hoping for a big feel.

Dairydeere I thought about peace river but my computer is quite a few years old and was just a basic model so I don't think that is going to run good just from some of the info I read about it
Last edited by mreeveshp on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Yukon River valley is entertaining it’s 16x and utilizes barges to navigate the river
mreeveshp

Post by mreeveshp »

Mwal wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:06 pm Yukon River valley is entertaining it’s 16x and utilizes barges to navigate the river
That does look interesting I might use that as my logging and other map instead of willamina since I've almost processed all the trees on that map
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

It definitely has some areas that could be opened up for some massive farming as well
mreeveshp

Post by mreeveshp »

Has anybody had experience with bantikow I just saw a mod video by djgoham and he talked about it, the map pda looks interesting, in some ways I'm still pulling towards american life mainly because so much multi fruit I just got to figure out the anhydrous thing, but if you all think bantikow might be better I might go with that, so many choices and so little time to play haha
mreeveshp

Post by mreeveshp »

Well I got flint hills downloaded I'm hoping tomorrow to load in to the game and maybe start setting up my equipment hopefully it will be the one for me and if not I think I will go with Griffin.

Next step is finding what all mods I need to do a full vintage game.
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

I just discovered a little-discussed map: Fox Farms. I’m not sure why I overlooked it, but it totally fits my style of play.

It’s an American-style map with medium to large fields, a feedlot (I don’t usually do animals), a couple of sell points, and a decent sized yard. It’s kind of in the style of Welker Farms map.

I’m a console guy so I can’t give any 16x map recommendations, but Fox Farms is my new favorite.
Playing on Xbox since FS15
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Griffin might be a good map for you. The southern end of the map will accommodate big machines and you can use smaller older equipment on the north end of the map, you can run two farms per say. Just a thought.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Hoss1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:54 pm I just discovered a little-discussed map: Fox Farms. I’m not sure why I overlooked it, but it totally fits my style of play.

It’s an American-style map with medium to large fields, a feedlot (I don’t usually do animals), a couple of sell points, and a decent sized yard. It’s kind of in the style of Welker Farms map.

I’m a console guy so I can’t give any 16x map recommendations, but Fox Farms is my new favorite.
I keep looking at fox farms for an alternate console map being that it’s under 100 mb. I just wish I could sell the dairy cow areas, or make them just beef.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

chedly_farms wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:40 pm
Hoss1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:54 pm I just discovered a little-discussed map: Fox Farms. I’m not sure why I overlooked it, but it totally fits my style of play.

I keep looking at fox farms for an alternate console map being that it’s under 100 mb. I just wish I could sell the dairy cow areas, or make them just beef.
Seasons…
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.