Top 3 mods you can't play without...

Dairydeere

Re: Top 3 mods you can't play without...

Post by Dairydeere »

My top 3:

1) Autumn Oaks: DFMEP
2) Seasons
3) Community Extension

But if we're not limited to 3....

4) Additional Game Settings
5) Fill Type Mass Adjustment
6) Info Message HUD
7) Manual Attach
8 ) Store Deliveries
9) Realistic Cab View
10) Realistic Seeder

Not necessarily in that order, but those are a lot of the mods in my basic scripts folder. Didn't list equipment since I generally use John Deere, but new mod releases make that subject to change :biggrin2:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I've got 29 "always have" mods in my new farm setup file ... it's grown!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Honestly, Seasons is probably the only mod I absolutely can't play without.
Playing on PC and PS4
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

1) Seasons
2) Follow Me
3) Placeable refill stations

Pretty much all of my equipment is made up of mods as well. I like being able to use the US versions of all of the Case and Deere tractors, combines and implements. Few really good US truck and trailer mods that I'm thankful for as well. And grain drying through Global Company is also pretty sick. I could go without it, but I don't want to!
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

Dairydeere wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:23 pm My top 3:

1) Autumn Oaks: DFMEP
2) Seasons
3) Community Extension

But if we're not limited to 3....

4) Additional Game Settings
5) Fill Type Mass Adjustment
6) Info Message HUD
7) Manual Attach
8 ) Store Deliveries
9) Realistic Cab View
10) Realistic Seeder

Not necessarily in that order, but those are a lot of the mods in my basic scripts folder. Didn't list equipment since I generally use John Deere, but new mod releases make that subject to change :biggrin2:
More good choices, I use six of what you listed.

Community Extension is the second mod I've not heard of today, looks handy and I bet it adds another layer of immersion, especially if you switch between both an UK/EU map in metrics and a US Map in imperial, adds a bit of local flavour. Question for you, do you know if changing the density of crops in the 'FillType Manager' tab changes the weight of the crops? I guess it doesn't as you use Fill Type Mass Adjustment, so it's more of a volume edit where some trailers will look more full/empty when they reach their max fill volume?

Good to see another green tractor fan :biggrin2:
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

Drmattymd wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:41 pm Honestly, Seasons is probably the only mod I absolutely can't play without.
Glad to see it being made base game in FS22 (not sure about the length of the seasons...but there is a whole thread for that already).
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

GrimHuffer wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:02 pm More good choices, I use six of what you listed.

Community Extension is the second mod I've not heard of today, looks handy and I bet it adds another layer of immersion, especially if you switch between both an UK/EU map in metrics and a US Map in imperial, adds a bit of local flavour. Question for you, do you know if changing the density of crops in the 'FillType Manager' tab changes the weight of the crops? I guess it doesn't as you use Fill Type Mass Adjustment, so it's more of a volume edit where some trailers will look more full/empty when they reach their max fill volume?

I honestly have not messed with crop densities since, as you mentioned, I use Fill Type Mass Adjustment, and that seems to do a pretty good job of making the weights more realistic. Now, crop to crop, I don't know how realistic each grain's weight is with just that mod, but I'm mainly after a heavier load overall. The main reason I use Community Extension is for the unit converts and the display addon which will correctly show miles per hour in the vehicle animations instead of kilometers an hour no matter what unit you have. ThundR's scripts are must haves for me.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Here are my 3 cents *thumbsup*
  • Seasons
  • Precision Farming
  • 82's Logistics Gooseneck Low Loader Trailer
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Vehicle explorer.
Enhanced vehicle addon?
Sim dashboard.

That said, I got arround 30 I always use.....
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

If I could only use 3 mods, I reckon I’d get away with:

MVP 19
Seasons
Autodrive

Between the DLCs and expansions, the base game with those 3 mods would keep me happy, although I would miss Precision Farming a fair bit.
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

Dairydeere wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:03 pm
GrimHuffer wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:02 pm More good choices, I use six of what you listed.

I honestly have not messed with crop densities since, as you mentioned, I use Fill Type Mass Adjustment, and that seems to do a pretty good job of making the weights more realistic. Now, crop to crop, I don't know how realistic each grain's weight is with just that mod, but I'm mainly after a heavier load overall. The main reason I use Community Extension is for the unit converts and the display addon which will correctly show miles per hour in the vehicle animations instead of kilometers an hour no matter what unit you have. ThundR's scripts are must haves for me.
Ah okay, might install it (or rather them as I think it's a group of 3-4 individual mods) and give them a try. I did read/hear that in addition to changing the units of measurements like you said (speed, weight etc) the mod also logs and displays the number of hectares (or whichever land unit you use) that each piece of equipment has worked, that's a real nice feature.

Overall, it's good to see there are some common mods to a lot of us (i.e. Seasons) but also interesting to see which ones we use on a more individual level to make the game suit our own preferences.

Thanks for sharing everyone, have fun *thumbsup*
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

@GrimHuffer and @Dairydeere -- where do you download Community Extension from? I've tried ThundR's page but get a server error on any of his links.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

I had a similar problem. Not sure if I'm permitted to post direct links so instead look on YT for a video by Scroft with the title of Community Extension! - A Must Have Mod!!

If you click the Show More button to expand the video info there are links to One Drive where you can download (usual precautions and warnings about DL'ing files apply). You'll need all four of them to get all the features.

Not yet tested it, so let me know if you have fun.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It is only on his discord and his discord is not open anymore at the moment again. Might be in kederks as well. Depending how long ago that link was, I don't think that's the updated version.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

What Illinois Farmer said. Kederk got permission to release the download for Rocky Fields, but I'm not sure about Community Extension. If it's public, it'll be available in his videos

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!