Absolute Game Changer

They Caged Non
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 12:14 am

Absolute Game Changer

Post by They Caged Non » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:45 pm

Finally snapped up an XBOX Series X, it arrived today and have to say its an absolute game changer for FS.. the rendering, load times and graphics are worlds away from the previous gen consoles.

You can see more of the fields in front of you, the shading is much smoother, its countless times sharper and more detailed. And for me personally the difference from clicking on FS on the XBOX Home Screen to being in my save game has gone from 5 minutes to 20 seconds.

For anyone stuck with considering the upgrade, your gaming life will be vastly improved.

NCFarmer3842
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:46 am

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by NCFarmer3842 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:06 pm

Absolutely, got mine about a month ago. The biggest thing for me is no frame rate drop when you build a farm and start amassing large amounts of stuff.
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina

User avatar
chedly_farms
Posts: 3048
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by chedly_farms » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:58 pm

You sunz of gunz! Now I want one!
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Griffin Indiana, 160+ hours and counting AJFarmer is awesome!!!!
Marwell Manor Farm, 520+ hours - Retired...
Osina 600+ hours - Retired...
_________________
My inside source is more awesome than your inside source.
Retired Part Time Key-Board Warrior, Sarcastic Poster.
-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----

They Caged Non
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 12:14 am

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by They Caged Non » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:45 pm

NCFarmer3842 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:06 pm
Absolutely, got mine about a month ago. The biggest thing for me is no frame rate drop when you build a farm and start amassing large amounts of stuff.
Yeah I restarted from scratch (needed an excuse) so looking forward to that.

I can’t believe how much of the shading has gone as you drive around, it’s like 4 times further away and you can actually see which bits of field you have limed. My old console nearly went through the Window a few times I got so sick of waiting.

They Caged Non
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 12:14 am

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by They Caged Non » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:47 pm

chedly_farms wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:58 pm
You sunz of gunz! Now I want one!
I’ve done the all access thing, was the only way to get it, but I had game pass anyway so it just replaces that and you pay a bit more.

It’s 1 million percent worth it. I’m now considering not getting fs22 after this, if Alien Jim brings factories to NML then that’s final decision haha.

User avatar
Riven326
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by Riven326 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:54 pm

I think it uses 16x AF on the backwards compatible games. That's probably why you're noticing better LOD in the distance. Its a neat feature, along with forced v-sync.

What's going to be a real game changer is XCloud. Imagine never having to upgrade to a new Xbox in order to play the latest games. Or playing the entire Xbox library at 4k on any device.

ASOLANDRI
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:21 am
Location: Lampasas, Texas

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by ASOLANDRI » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:05 pm

They Caged Non wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:45 pm
my save game has gone from 5 minutes to 20 seconds.
Trying to get the PS5 soon lol :lol:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Currently running a 500 Acre Farm in Dahl Ranch with Deere equipment. (PS5) *thumbsup*

Maps/Playtime:
Lone Oak: 60 Hours
Welkers Farm: 27 Hours (retired)
Dahl Ranch: 5 Hours

User avatar
ValhallSN95
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:10 pm
Location: Idalou, Texas
Contact:

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by ValhallSN95 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:16 pm

As soon as we can get our hands on one, we're upgrading, really need at least 2 of them, plus at least Series S to run our server on, but would prefer 3 Series X's...but we can't even find one at this point. Found quite a few Series S locally, just not any X's.
Chris Birdsong Idalou, TX XBL DiscoDude152
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm
Elm Creek Private Server
Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 113hrs FS19 10,965hrs FS17 9,207hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs

They Caged Non
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 12:14 am

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by They Caged Non » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:43 pm

ValhallSN95 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:16 pm
As soon as we can get our hands on one, we're upgrading, really need at least 2 of them, plus at least Series S to run our server on, but would prefer 3 Series X's...but we can't even find one at this point. Found quite a few Series S locally, just not any X's.
Yeah ive been searching for months, finally Game had them available on the all access scheme. We Have loads of Series S in the UK but no semi serious gamer is going for that over the X are they:) My Girlfriend would kill me just for having white plastic things in the living room lol.

They Caged Non
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 12:14 am

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by They Caged Non » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:44 pm

Riven326 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:54 pm
I think it uses 16x AF on the backwards compatible games. That's probably why you're noticing better LOD in the distance. Its a neat feature, along with forced v-sync.

What's going to be a real game changer is XCloud. Imagine never having to upgrade to a new Xbox in order to play the latest games. Or playing the entire Xbox library at 4k on any device.
I might be wrong but was FS19 already geared up for the previous gen 4K machine? I was only using the original Xbox One so 1080p.

User avatar
Riven326
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by Riven326 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:23 pm

They Caged Non wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:44 pm
Riven326 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:54 pm
I think it uses 16x AF on the backwards compatible games. That's probably why you're noticing better LOD in the distance. Its a neat feature, along with forced v-sync.

What's going to be a real game changer is XCloud. Imagine never having to upgrade to a new Xbox in order to play the latest games. Or playing the entire Xbox library at 4k on any device.
I might be wrong but was FS19 already geared up for the previous gen 4K machine? I was only using the original Xbox One so 1080p.
Yes. It was updated to run at 1440p resolution.

User avatar
ValhallSN95
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:10 pm
Location: Idalou, Texas
Contact:

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by ValhallSN95 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:02 pm

We finally found one. Haven't even got to unbox it, apart from making sure it was the real deal.
I was trying to get at least 3 hours of sleep before going to work lol drove a total 340 miles there and back last night to get it. Pulled back into our driveway @ 3:10 this morning and was up getting ready for work at 6:15.
Image
I can't believe how heavy it is, I really thought the guy was trying to sell us a box full of bricks at first.
Chris Birdsong Idalou, TX XBL DiscoDude152
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm
Elm Creek Private Server
Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 113hrs FS19 10,965hrs FS17 9,207hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs

User avatar
Riven326
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by Riven326 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:56 am

ValhallSN95 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:02 pm
We finally found one. Haven't even got to unbox it, apart from making sure it was the real deal.
I was trying to get at least 3 hours of sleep before going to work lol drove a total 340 miles there and back last night to get it. Pulled back into our driveway @ 3:10 this morning and was up getting ready for work at 6:15.
Image
I can't believe how heavy it is, I really thought the guy was trying to sell us a box full of bricks at first.
Could be bricks. Have you opened it?

User avatar
ValhallSN95
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:10 pm
Location: Idalou, Texas
Contact:

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by ValhallSN95 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:51 am

Opened it, plugged it in and made sure it wasn't junk before we left Roswell lol have it all set up and updating now finally.
Chris Birdsong Idalou, TX XBL DiscoDude152
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm
Elm Creek Private Server
Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 113hrs FS19 10,965hrs FS17 9,207hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs

Bryan83
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:10 am
Location: Western Washington, USA

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by Bryan83 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:38 pm

The only downside for me, and what's really pushing me towards PC, is that you're forever stuck with 2x maps. I would really love to get out there and try one of the 8x or even 16x maps.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)

Post Reply