Absolute Game Changer

They Caged Non

Re: Absolute Game Changer

Post by They Caged Non »

Bryan83 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:38 pm The only downside for me, and what's really pushing me towards PC, is that you're forever stuck with 2x maps. I would really love to get out there and try one of the 8x or even 16x maps.
Its just convenience for me, I wire a 24" monitor up on a small table in our front room and plug the xbox in... we don't have room for a PC and my laptop is Mac.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

The Dell Optiplex under the TV is smaller than my Xbox! :confusednew:
Guil

Post by Guil »

Bryan83 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:38 pm The only downside for me, and what's really pushing me towards PC, is that you're forever stuck with 2x maps. I would really love to get out there and try one of the 8x or even 16x maps.
There is no 8x maps, there is 4x, 16x etc
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

For sure, there's so much more potential with a computer compared to a console. Even the newest generation consoles can pale in comparison to the mods and capabilities of a PC system. The only way you'll regret the switch is if you pick a lousy computer lol
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Guil wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:02 am There is no 8x maps, there is 4x, 16x etc
8x maps are impossible currently, though it's not quite as simple as 1x, 4x, 16x. It's technically possible to create 0.25x, 2.25x and 9x maps for example, though I doubt GIANTS would accept any map for consoles which wasn't standard size, bigger or smaller.

Hopefully the for the next next game GIANTS allow more flexibility in map sizes.

Farmsim Forensics: Map sizes

It's much easier to just stick the 2km x 2km rule though.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Rule of thumb is that you can only have a map where the number before the x can be made into a square root. However, there is a 24x map out there, so it's a loose rule of thumb
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Be curious to see if it actually a 24x map. That's why there is no such thing as 2x it is just a 1x.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

After being able to finally use my Series X, and really putting it through its paces this weekend, I have come to a verdict: its awesome.
No FPS drops what so ever (even when I got really stupid with equipment on a test save) I can go from cold start to playing on whatever map in under 30 seconds, smooth seamless graphics.
I though FS19 looked good on the One X, this is totally in a different league all together.

Ready to see what FS22 looks like on it.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:27 pm Be curious to see if it actually a 24x map. That's why there is no such thing as 2x it is just a 1x.
I ran the numbers, and it checks out as being a 24x (Peace River, BC is the map btw)

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I thought Robin from kederks discord said it was a 16x.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

It's technically a 24x with the size of the terrain, but it could probably be called a 16x if you only count the terrain that you can actually visit on the map, since that northern section is cut off

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Guil

Post by Guil »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:37 pm
Guil wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:02 am There is no 8x maps, there is 4x, 16x etc
8x maps are impossible currently, though it's not quite as simple as 1x, 4x, 16x. It's technically possible to create 0.25x, 2.25x and 9x maps for example, though I doubt GIANTS would accept any map for consoles which wasn't standard size, bigger or smaller.

Hopefully the for the next next game GIANTS allow more flexibility in map sizes.

Farmsim Forensics: Map sizes

It's much easier to just stick the 2km x 2km rule though.
I'm aware of that and think you linked another site to a similar discussion in the past. I was referencing some sites that say a map is 8x when it is actually 4x when you look at it in game.

EDIT: nope, it was that site lol. Interesting read
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:04 pm After being able to finally use my Series X, and really putting it through its paces this weekend, I have come to a verdict: its awesome.
No FPS drops what so ever (even when I got really stupid with equipment on a test save) I can go from cold start to playing on whatever map in under 30 seconds, smooth seamless graphics.
I though FS19 looked good on the One X, this is totally in a different league all together.

Ready to see what FS22 looks like on it.
Glad its not just me who noticed lol... its so sharp and detailed on. the equipment now too, I can even play without glasses on now.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Guil wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:02 am
There is no 8x maps, there is 4x, 16x etc
Huh, I thought there were. I was today years old when I learned...
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:26 am
For sure, there's so much more potential with a computer compared to a console. Even the newest generation consoles can pale in comparison to the mods and capabilities of a PC system. The only way you'll regret the switch is if you pick a lousy computer lol
Id be losing 15 years of friends ive made and the fact I just like being able to turn it on and use it... I have enough nonsense dealing with PCs all day at work, definitely don't want to come home to it.