Cross play in FS22

Drmattymd

Cross play in FS22

Post by Drmattymd »

Crossplay was just announced for all systems. Consoles can join pc servers that are only using modhub mods. Sounds like that might also include a loosening on script restrictions. Consoles also can have dedicated servers
Playing on PC and PS4
Drmattymd

Re: Cross play in FS22

Post by Drmattymd »

Correction, consoles can join pc severs that are only using console available mods
Playing on PC and PS4
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:16 pm ...Sounds like that might also include a loosening on script restrictions...
Don`t think so.

Every player has to have the same content (DLCs and/or mods) installed as the server host. Otherwise, players with missing content can't join the server. Console users can only join servers with mods that are available through the official ModHub on consoles. Stadia users can only join servers with no mods activated.

For me it sounds, that the PC useers have to remove their script mods if they want to cross play with a console user.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Agreed, I made that speculation and then went back and read it again, I should have specified that probably wouldn't include script mods in my correction post
Playing on PC and PS4
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

There is an official topic for this as well: viewtopic.php?f=876&t=180501

I'd therefore suggest moving the discussion related to the new feature in FS22 to avoid having multiple topics where the same things are discussed.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Guil

Post by Guil »

At first I thought it was going to be a great thing, but as part of a huge community, it's going to be terribly limiting
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

My personal opinion is it's much a do about nothing, given all the limiting factors of mods etc. I haven't played a multiplayer so far that wasn't full of non modhub and scripting mods.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Daggerwin Fun For All is Modhub only (and only server I’ve really played on ever)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Daggerwin's server may be Modhub only, but... it being a PC based server I'm quite sure there are script mods in there somewhere. Or, something that the consoles can't have. It's nice that GIANTS are trying new things, and I'm shocked Sony is playing ball on this one. Those with the PlayStation's will finally be able to chill with friends on Xbox's, etc... but, give it a few months and the PC's will be on their own again. Soon as the scripts hit, especially mods like, say... GPS, Courseplay, Follow Me, Manual Attach or even Hose System makes a return, there will be very few, if any PC servers available to the consoles.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

GothicKing13 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:58 am Daggerwin's server may be Modhub only, but... it being a PC based server I'm quite sure there are script mods in there somewhere. Or, something that the consoles can't have. It's nice that GIANTS are trying new things, and I'm shocked Sony is playing ball on this one. Those with the PlayStation's will finally be able to chill with friends on Xbox's, etc... but, give it a few months and the PC's will be on their own again. Soon as the scripts hit, especially mods like, say... GPS, Courseplay, Follow Me, Manual Attach or even Hose System makes a return, there will be very few, if any PC servers available to the consoles.
The only script mod in use on there permanently was GPS, GC was on temporarily while I was playing as the admin was messing with the BGA and needed place anywhere. (And everything else varies fluidly with whatever has been released/is good)
And mind you that’s for 19, could easily see them leaving out script mods for consoles to be able to play. Do imagine the main benefit for this will be for cross platform friends to play together all at the same time (and has the benefit of allowing console players 16 slot servers via either dedi servers or a pc host) rather than public free access (dedi) servers being all platform (mainly due to mods limiting that for many)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Ah, I see. I've never played in his server myself personally. So not sure what mods he used/uses. But, at the same time... it doesn't have to be scripts. Branded, or any other reason on why the mod didn't make the console side. Also, yes... I do see the benefit of having the cross play. I'm not downing that, it is nice to see friends and or even family getting to play together from their own setup instead of worrying. But, at the same time... for the PC players. Those extra mods/versus console limitation. Friend or not, with FS... once your "favorite" mod/s drops that the console can't have, you think the PC player is still going to be faithful to their console brethren?
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
DurazellpcGaming

Post by DurazellpcGaming »

There is a lot to being able to make this work right. It is going to be a rocky start to say the least. Most people do not read the fine print.
Just assume its Crossplay, all mods play with all. Will take time. Good on Giants for trying to make this somewhat work.