Erkis

Expanding sugarcane..

Post by Erkis »

https://youtu.be/dfqlm5_pic8
Future expand for sugarcane maybe?😃
GothicKing13

Re: Expanding sugarcane..

Post by GothicKing13 »

As cool, and as fun as that looks... could you imagine sitting in a field for hours trying to grab the cane with that crane with FS's wonky physics. :lol: - PS: I'm not downing the machinery, I love working with Sugarcane... and it does look cool! But, I also spend a lot of time in the forestry section of the game and know just how finicky those claws can be on those cranes. :hi:

Although... I would love to see some more machinery for Potatoes, Sugarbeets, Sugarcane and even Cotton. Just more stuff in general, more stuff for the animals. More animals...
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
xClawx28

Post by xClawx28 »

I'd like to see John Deere new two row Cane Harvest add. Id make Sugar cane less of a time sink and would give some more equipment progression to the Sugar Cane Harvesters.
FS 13 PC. FS17 Xbox. FS19 PC. FS22 PC
I'm xClaw Modding.
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

I mean the thing is cane is 18 months easy from seedling to first cut to replant to harvest, in that video they’re cutting seedlings or young plants to resite them, Giants has cut the 6+ month seedling cut part of the process already so essentially it’s just plant once and then harvest. The only thing is similar to maize and forage chopping there’s a requirement for two hands one to chop the other to cart and it’s no different with cane. Mostly they implemented cane with the South American style of working not the US or Oz type of equipment and so that’s a major difference in itself. I think a modder could do a cane loader like that JD because it has claws at axle height which roll the seedlings before grabbing and if there was a counter (like a baler) implemented with those and the grab worked as a pipe/ auger it could be manually moved to drop in a trailer without needing too much precision as for say a forwarder crane in forestry which is exceptionally hard to use. I’d be interested to see where the cane fits in the production process as there’s a few more uses for beets now but I doubt cane will get an overhaul to make it more suitable for say an Acadiana style map. There’s a Brazilian cotton mod which changes it from a baler harvester to a loose picker which overloads into a stand-alone compactor which is certainly practice in Spain as well where they overload into semi trailers and haul direct to a mill for processing but that’s yet to be implemented itself so there’s scope for a mod to pick up a sugarcane enhancement I just doubt it’ll be like that video.
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

I'm sure on GIANTS behalf, the Sugarcane will fit into the production chains same as the Sugarbeets. It'll probably be taken to, say... a sugar mill and ground down to give us pallets of sugar to take elsewhere. The difference being, Beet Sugar vs. Cane Sugar. Now, for the Cane harvesters... I would LOVE to have a Two Row Harvester to go alongside the Case Single Row that we already have. The Trailed Harvester > Case Single Row > Double Row : It'd give us more to work towards. Like my operations with Cotton, starting with the mod. Brazil Cotton Pack > Case Cotton Picker > JD Cotton Picker. I like ending with the JD Round Modules because I can work with those quicker, and that harvester is $$$$.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
xClawx28

Post by xClawx28 »

what you said is why I want the John Deere CH950 or CH960 Two row cane harvester in game. I love starting small and working up to the big machine. I also looking forward to the Starting packs they mentioned at farm con.
I'm xClaw Modding.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Yes, I love a challenge... hard economy, seasons and well. Start small and build large... or go bankrupt, whichever comes first. Though, usually it's build large. Takes a few years. I have a few different saves. Each running a different line-up of tractors, etc... my cane setup I run Case on the fields. So my starting tractor is the IHC 33 mod, the old International and I work my way up to owning the big QuadTrack.

Though, I did unfortunately miss the Farm Con videos... what starting packs did they mention?
xClawx28

Post by xClawx28 »

If I remember correctly you a buy a starter pack ingame. and it will contain the equipment you need. like if you want to start a new save and jump into cows their would be one with the equipment you would need to start with cows, or grapes, forestry, potatoes, etc. they on talked about it briefly and when have got more info on them then the general idea of them.
I'm xClaw Modding.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Oh, I see. Thanks for that info, that does sound interesting. :hi:
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I too hope there is some sort of production chain in FS22 that uses sugarcane and sugar beets. In the current game I've tried sugarcane a couple of time but got bored quickly. I don't mind the slow to grow, it's a others have pointed out harvesting is also very slow and fiddly. So a production chain would be good for that.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I've always wanted to farm sugarcane, but the harvester in game was just so painful and slow. And then to sell all the sugar for such a low price, it was just too much of a grind. I'm sure giants knows this, but I wonder if they are going to just abandon it/ leave it how it is similar to how they did logging ;) or figure out a way to make it more enduring to the player base.
xClawx28

Post by xClawx28 »

You can make a lot of money from sugarcane, it just takes a lot of time investment. You get almost Double the amount sugarcane then sugarbeets of the same field in base game Farm Sim. If you get 10,000 Liters of a field of Barley you will get 60,000 of Sugar beets and 118000 of Sugar Cane. The price is low to off set the amount you can get off a field.
I'm xClaw Modding.