Converting a building into a repair shop

Drmattymd

Converting a building into a repair shop

Post by Drmattymd »

Not sure if this has been discussed but thought I'd share this little trick I figured out for those that want to add a repair trigger mod into an existing building. This may or may not work depending on how the building is modeled and I recommend saving before trying in case it doesn't work like you want it to. And obviously this is a pc only fix.

So I'm playing on Autumn Oaks DFEMP and wanted to turn one part of the main shop on the grain farm into a repair shop. Unfortunately it would not allow me to place a repair mod inside the building even with place anywhere. Using the map object hider mod I was able to remove the floor and then place my repair mod where I wanted it. After placing the repair mod, I simply repainted the floor with the landscaping tool and now it works like I wanted it to.
Playing on PC and PS4
DEERE317

Re: Converting a building into a repair shop

Post by DEERE317 »

Or you probably could go into the save file for Object hider and unhide the floor
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

I think I tried that and it glitched out. I can't remember for sure though
Playing on PC and PS4
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I guess that wouldn’t be surprising
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Now this is something I didn't think of, I'll have to try this for my Autumn Oaks save now. Thanks for the tip!
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

You can also simply raise the terrain a little bit, so that the ground of the building is under the terrain. Then you can place the object on it and lower the terrain afterwards again.

I do it another way which I think is more precise. I open the editor, and place the object like a repair trigger or a shelf inside the building. Write down the coordinates of the object and clsoe the editor without saving.

Then I buy the object in game and place it at any place on the map. Save and quit the game.
Then the object is in your items xml folder of your savegame where you can change the coordinates to the coordinates you determined in the editor before.
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:42 pm
If you want, on PC you can use the Mobile Workshop
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

I realize there are mobile repair mods also but that wasn't the feature I was looking for
Playing on PC and PS4