Turning seasons off

mreeveshp

Turning seasons off

Post by mreeveshp »

I'm sure this has been asked to death but I couldn't figure out how to search.

I have been looking for a new map with big fields, big yard with a lot of storage, and animals but all the ones I tried just didn't fit the bill. I have been playing lazy acres and love the map. I have been playing that map for one to two hours almost daily for the past probably 6 months and I have done a lot of work making that map just how I like it and buying tons of equipment that I have staged around the map for contracts but now I want to work to owning the whole map. I switched to seasons because I have so much in the bank that it was kind of getting boring but I've realized I don't like the hurry up and wait of seasons at least for that map. I don't want to restart from the beginning since it took me so long to accumulate equipment and add a little bit to the yard without it causing problems to the landscaping.

If I turn seasons off would it just revert back to the vanilla game or does it cause major problems?
Dairydeere

Re: Turning seasons off

Post by Dairydeere »

As long as you don't have snow on the ground, or any other fill types that are exclusive to Seasons, I would think it will transfer over just fine. However, if I were you, I would harvest all the crops and leave the fields harvested or cultivated, so the growth is not messed up when you load without Seasons.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
mreeveshp

Post by mreeveshp »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:38 pm As long as you don't have snow on the ground, or any other fill types that are exclusive to Seasons, I would think it will transfer over just fine. However, if I were you, I would harvest all the crops and leave the fields harvested or cultivated, so the growth is not messed up when you load without Seasons.
I'm in mid fall so no snow yet though I was interested in seeing that but then there would be nothing to do except feeding animals, and what fill types just in case though I don't think I have anything except what was already on the map multi fruit silo
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I want to say that's it is just snow and road salt. If you're on PC, I would make sure of those two fill types, then if something else breaking, you can revert to a savegame backup
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
mreeveshp

Post by mreeveshp »

No snow or salt and right when I posted my reply I thought that I could go in see how it is and if it's not right just don't save and then I could just turn it back on in go back into my save game. If I don't save nothing should change, I know I accidently turned it on once and just left the game turned it off and went back in, that was when I was on the fence about it. And I did the same thing with animal pen extension where you can put a pipe to fill the trough but I couldn't get it to work right, when I would place it it wouldn't let me open the valve unless it takes time from when you place it to when you can use it.

Thank you for all the help you give on this forum this forum is lucky to have people like you
lawm

Post by lawm »

If you did not turn off already.....when you do, start the save without seasons and go in and save, then turn your system off or if pc do what you need to do to completely restart your game
I know on ps4 when I got rid of seasons, i could not go buy animals or access the animal dialogue. Driver53 had this issue on his gameplay vid so he turned seasons back on fornthebrest of Griffin vids. But I tried restarting and it cleared everything up and worked fine after restart. Also what Dairydeere said.

I know what it's like wanting to ditch seasons and hated to see you concede because your animals didnt work.

I'm curious to see how seasons works in 22. It's a love hate relationship sometimes but I'm glad it's available for when I probably decide to use it again lol
mreeveshp

Post by mreeveshp »

lawm wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:56 am If you did not turn off already.....when you do, start the save without seasons and go in and save, then turn your system off or if pc do what you need to do to completely restart your game
I know on ps4 when I got rid of seasons, i could not go buy animals or access the animal dialogue. Driver53 had this issue on his gameplay vid so he turned seasons back on fornthebrest of Griffin vids. But I tried restarting and it cleared everything up and worked fine after restart. Also what Dairydeere said.

I know what it's like wanting to ditch seasons and hated to see you concede because your animals didnt work.

I'm curious to see how seasons works in 22. It's a love hate relationship sometimes but I'm glad it's available for when I probably decide to use it again lol
I kept going back and forth after my comments earlier and finally decided I am probably going to leave seasons on and start a new save game on lone oak or bucks County and keep stuff smaller and make that my just for fun map, I started bucks County might play that for a few days than try lone oak for a few days to see which one I like better

It's kind of the best of both worlds and I kind of like the misshapen fields that are more realistic than every field being a perfect rectangle though the perfect squared off fields does make it easier.

I still may turn seasons off but I'm trying to find a map that I like so I won't have to so I have one for fun and one more realism
lawm

Post by lawm »

Been there, done that quite a few times lol.