Go To Hay/Straw Baler? ModHub and Base Game.

chedly_farms

Go To Hay/Straw Baler? ModHub and Base Game.

Post by chedly_farms »

There are a lot of nice balers in the game, with a lot of different options. Most bale the same 4000 liters, but some bale more and some bale less. When the game first came out and I got into baling, I was using the Deutz Varimaster round baler, just because I've seen a few Deutz's in my area. Then at some point I moved on to the Claas Rolant 250 Roto Cut. However since the John Deere 466 has come out, I have been using that because of it's 7500 Liter capacity while keeping to the same dimensions as the base game bales, making it easier to use in the Anderson DLC items. I actually have not done a lot of big square bales, but for those I have used the John Deere 690 for that $12k price tag. But here once I get enough money, I will be moving up to the AGCO High Density baler for the 6000 liter capacity. It's also nice because like the John Deere round baler, it has the higher capacity while keeping to the base game dimensions.

Although if I had my choice I would use small bales all day, but being on console, I am limited to 200 bales and also, more bales gives me some lag when hauling. But I have used all of the small balers and like them all, including the Fortschritt.

What are your favorite balers?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Mwal

Re: Go To Hay/Straw Baler? ModHub and Base Game.

Post by Mwal »

Vermeer corn stalk special, and I also really love that agco high density as a challenger
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Kverneland fastbale, I made some amount of bales with the hired worker on this
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

as a total newbie I use base game New Holland Roll-Belt 150 :D And just because round bales look cool.
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
Motologist

Post by Motologist »

I'm a fan of ARM-Team's Hesston Big Balers, which make 6,000l big squares. Unfortunately they're not compatible with the Anderson bale wrappers. Agco HD balers are planned for my current dairy operation; the speed and 6,000l bales is a strong combination.

For silage I like to run the Lizard Multibaler pulled by a JD9000 with the Marangon foldbar header; that gives me an all-in-one silage baling solution if I'm doing a lot of contract baling.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Massey small baler is my favorite. Even when I have played seasons I use it to make it easier to do bales for selling.
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

Fortschritt K454 is my favorite, even tho i don't use it very often. Reason why it's my favorite is that my father used to work with one of those when i was a little kid. I remember being on the field with him, slowly moving along the swath, that monotonous sound it made, that great smell of fresh hay, lorries and tractors driving away with loads of bales, great times. Whenever i use this baler, it feels like a time travel back to my childhood.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I think the D1000 is my go to for squares Ched, it's pretty good but you'll want 150hp to drive it, 95 doesn't cut it haha. The bales are smaller and aren't 4000 litre. The New Holland BR6090 released by Danielx321 on the modhub looks like a treat. It only needs 45hp for a round baler but I used the Soto modding industries Claas rollant for all my round baling.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Round baler: John Deere 568 6ft baler by RDAllen
Small square baler: John Deere 348 by Appalaches
Large square baler: Massey Ferguson 2270XD (don't make large squares often, but this one looks nice lol)
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
lawm

Post by lawm »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:41 pm There are a lot of nice balers in the game, with a lot of different options. Most bale the same 4000 liters, but some bale more and some bale less. When the game first came out and I got into baling, I was using the Deutz Varimaster round baler, just because I've seen a few Deutz's in my area. Then at some point I moved on to the Claas Rolant 250 Roto Cut. However since the John Deere 466 has come out, I have been using that because of it's 7500 Liter capacity while keeping to the same dimensions as the base game bales, making it easier to use in the Anderson DLC items. I actually have not done a lot of big square bales, but for those I have used the John Deere 690 for that $12k price tag. But here once I get enough money, I will be moving up to the AGCO High Density baler for the 6000 liter capacity. It's also nice because like the John Deere round baler, it has the higher capacity while keeping to the base game dimensions.

Although if I had my choice I would use small bales all day, but being on console, I am limited to 200 bales and also, more bales gives me some lag when hauling. But I have used all of the small balers and like them all, including the Fortschritt.

What are your favorite balers?
Chedly....the 690 baler, I had forgotten about this unit and when it came out it said about to be used with the straw update something I don't know, I didn't have it so I did not download this unit. Are we able to use this base game no issues, just pick up junk and throw it out the back like any normal baler ?lol
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:41 pm What are your favorite balers?
I use the John Deere 690 baler (square) since it matches with the other John Deeres *thumbsup*
Last edited by ASOLANDRI on Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

lawm wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:48 pm
Chedly....the 690 baler, I had forgotten about this unit and when it came out it said about to be used with the straw update something I don't know, I didn't have it so I did not download this unit. Are we able to use this base game no issues, just pick up junk and throw it out the back like any normal baler ?lol
I never updated it, so I have the original Baler. I actually downloaded the "newer" version as well that requires Straw Harvest, and it does not work without the straw harvest mod installed. So there are two separate mods and lucky are you to have the first one installed. There are actually no differences cosmetically.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:08 pm
lawm wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:48 pm
I never updated it, so I have the original Baler. I actually downloaded the "newer" version as well that requires Straw Harvest, and it does not work without the straw harvest mod installed. So there are two separate mods and lucky are you to have the first one installed. There are actually no differences cosmetically.
It would be nice if the John Deere 690 didn't actually require straw harvest. Right now I'll keeping the original installed. *thumbsup*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
lawm

Post by lawm »

I dont have either......so I'm guessing......poop.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Is it just me, or does the Agco HD baler seem to have a very narrow pickup? I'm using the Hesston Big Baler mod with the Fendt/Massey/NH color options and the Lizard/Pavelli trailers- the trailer will take the bigger bales in regular square bale config (40 bales...little bit of a cheat?)
Old fat guy with a day job...