subsoiler - correct me if I'm wrong

Kamiko

subsoiler - correct me if I'm wrong

Post by Kamiko »

I can't believe I've started making notes on a game :lol: with pen and paper!

please correct me if I'm wrong with my studies.

so, subsoilers:

- you can use them for periodical ploughing

- but they don't count as "real" ploughing (you can't seed potatoes)

- you can't make new fields with them

- you can combine seeders with (some of) them and use them instead of cultivators
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
this_is_gav

Re: subsoiler - correct me if I'm wrong

Post by this_is_gav »

Kamiko wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:33 am I can't believe I've started making notes on a game :lol: with pen and paper!

please correct me if I'm wrong with my studies.

so, subsoilers:

- you can use them for periodical ploughing

- but they don't count as "real" ploughing (you can't seed potatoes)

- you can't make new fields with them

- you can combine seeders with (some of) them and use them instead of cultivators
1) Yes

2) They work fine for potatoes in the base game, as does any cultivator. Don't know if a mod changes this though?

If you have "periodic ploughing" turned on then you can use them instead of the plough after harvesting potatoes, which gives a small yield boost to the following crop.

3) No, only ploughs can create new fields in the base game. There are modded cultivators which can also do this though.

4) Yes
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:44 am

2) They work fine for potatoes in the base game, as does any cultivator. Don't know if a mod changes this though?
WHAT? so this guide is misleading? - https://guides.gamepressure.com/farming ... 7979#NH3_2
Bajeczna - 17 hours
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I'll double check, but I don't think I've ever ploughed a field before planting potatoes.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Kamiko wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:53 am WHAT? so this guide is misleading? - https://guides.gamepressure.com/farming ... 7979#NH3_2
I've checked it now. Stock map, no mods at all, "periodic ploughing" turned on.

There is zero difference in yield planting into a ploughed surface, a subsoiled surface or a regular cultivated/disc harrowed surface.

Obviously you still need to prepare the ground first, but if the ground doesn't say it needs ploughing (ie if the previous crop was corn, potatoes, sugar beets or sugarcane) then it makes no difference what you prepare the ground with.

You will to plough (or subsoil) afterwards for the following crop to get full yield though, again, if you have periodic ploughing turned on.
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:37 pm
Kamiko wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:53 am WHAT? so this guide is misleading? - https://guides.gamepressure.com/farming ... 7979#NH3_2
I've checked it now. Stock map, no mods at all, "periodic ploughing" turned on.

There is zero difference in yield planting into a ploughed surface, a subsoiled surface or a regular cultivated/disc harrowed surface.

Obviously you still need to prepare the ground first, but if the ground doesn't say it needs ploughing (ie if the previous crop was corn, potatoes, sugar beets or sugarcane) then it makes no difference what you prepare the ground with.

You will to plough (or subsoil) afterwards for the following crop to get full yield though, again, if you have periodic ploughing turned on.
oh, wow, thank you so much for your time and effort!

I'm glad i asked.
Bajeczna - 17 hours