Giants, please make a story.

JonOne

Re: Giants, please make a story.

Post by JonOne »

I guess if anyone’s been consuming Daggerwins survival mode then I can see the attraction to a story because it’ll make the game more appealing, in the sense of emulating that. But then it diminishes all the content creators work in that they’ve used the tools they’ve been given to make their own content without constraints. And furthermore, where does that leave modders, are they expected to design a map and write however many hours of storylines to tie it into the xp tree? Having said that I flatly don’t see how there can be any linear progression in farming when there is ,by default, no linear progression in farming. A dealer isn’t going to check you have enough experience to handle a bigger piece of equipment except to sell you the training course on it and that’s a fact.
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
thec1rcakid

Post by thec1rcakid »

I would really just like them to add NPC aspects to the game that aren't required but available if wanted.e.i relationships with NPCs. Could lead to better contracts or maybe a wife that could help around the farm with eggs and that maybe. Or maybe build report with the vendors for discounts on machines or seed and the like
StarStreak2109

Post by StarStreak2109 »

Maybe not so much a story as in a limited, linear gameplay campaign. But maybe a separate game mode, where you have a serious of challenges, which need to be tackled in order to progress. These challenges could bring in some story line. How you achieve these, would be up to you. You would not get much money for completing "quests", but it might add some atmosphere.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Mary Of Bethany

Post by Mary Of Bethany »

Lazarus99 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:32 pm Image
Has asparagus the other night. Definitely wouldn't want it in the game. *thumbsup*
Mary Of Bethany

thec1rcakid wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:22 am I would really just like them to add NPC aspects to the game that aren't required but available if wanted.e.i relationships with NPCs. Could lead to better contracts or maybe a wife that could help around the farm with eggs and that maybe. Or maybe build report with the vendors for discounts on machines or seed and the like
Try these
Pure Farming 2018
Farmers Dynasty
Medieval Dynasty
Stardew Valley
Mary Of Bethany

StarStreak2109 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:31 am Maybe not so much a story as in a limited, linear gameplay campaign. But maybe a separate game mode, where you have a serious of challenges, which need to be tackled in order to progress. These challenges could bring in some story line. How you achieve these, would be up to you. You would not get much money for completing "quests", but it might add some atmosphere.
Try these
Pure Farming 2018
Farmers Dynasty
Medieval Dynasty
Stardew Valley
StarStreak2109

Post by StarStreak2109 »

You're a funny guy... Did you make an account just for replies like this???
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Mary Of Bethany wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:01 pm

Has asparagus the other night. Definitely wouldn't want it in the game. *thumbsup*
Cover in olive oil and garlic salt in the oven
That stuff disappears quick lol
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

StarStreak2109 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:52 pm You're a funny guy... Did you make an account just for replies like this???
If you only knew, hahaha
Mary Of Bethany

StarStreak2109 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:52 pm You're a funny guy... Did you make an account just for replies like this???
Thanks. No, I didn't make an account just for replies like that. The games mentioned have some of the features the folks were asking about.