Giants, please make a story.

chedly_farms

Re: Giants, please make a story.

Post by chedly_farms »

This is a story all about how my life got twist turned upside down. I like to take a minute just sitting right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a map called Shamrock Valley.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Hahahha
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

I think it’d work better if it enabled personalisation of your farm, for example, creating a brand and investing in agronomy aspects rather than “back in 1779, my great great cousin Bobbie Jean bought a cornfield and it’s still standing” which I agree would just be a total put off. That said the implementation of a “tree” aspect (for example Root Crops; Potatoes; Grain dairy, hogs or shep; Custom work and Forestry where there’s no progression levels per se it’s about income stream reinvestment and completion of contracts (whether that’s the much maligned field missions or fulfilling a bushel/ha target for a coop or 66kl of milk per xxx to the dairy) to support your equipment/ land ownership. That would work for me and maybe I wouldn’t subsidise myself quite as consistently to get the next size air header for my obscene 1250 Axial Flow when I literally just start a map.
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

As others have said, you can easily make your own story in FS. Use your imagination and make rules you need to follow, and your own milestones to achieve. This way you won't be disappointed in the store, and you can make up as many as you want.
If Giants did consider a story, perhaps they could do it by rolling all the tutorials into some "taking over for Grandpa" story, like Pure Farming did.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

I like the story idea as long as they’d include it with the modes they already have. I think it would be neat to have an rpg ish approach to it. Gaining levels and XP to be able to use bigger better equipment, and unlock things while making money to buy them.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:10 am Don't buy a Lego kit, make your own. The story is only as restrictive as your imagination.

As mentioned, productions are coming in FS22 so they may go someway to provide the expansions you want.
I play sandbox games where you can imagine things such as Mount & Blade, maybe because i work with it i have a difficult time to do it here. You have made quite a few games and the i saw the farmcom where the game looks much better than 19, i think they could dare to do more than just ground and crop textures.
Or it would be anther unfinished idea. Ehhole, like you just wrote in the constructive thread. Let's not finish these ideas and make a whole second game. An easier implementation would just being able to interact with the npc to a degree, like dairydeere said.
You're right it could just as well end up being a half finished game with so many aspects implemented, but that is a risk of making any game, I think since this game mainly focus on fields and tractors a machine shop and a simulated breakdown of tractors would be a good start for now.

I know ideas are one thing and adding them into the game is another, i'm asking a lot but only because i am passionate about this genre of games and that i want to see it grow to the heights where "Microsoft Flight Simulator" is today as a simulator. Something that can teach you how to manage and run a farm.
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

Natasha wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:38 pm

I know ideas are one thing and adding them into the game is another, i'm asking a lot but only because i am passionate about this genre of games and that i want to see it grow to the heights where "Microsoft Flight Simulator" is today as a simulator. Something that can teach you how to manage and run a farm.
Wholeheartedly agree that’s a mature response. I think that looking at another genre entirely on the back of that flight sim comment, Dovetail’s Train Sim World adds more immersion over their original train simulator platform by adding different features and perspective, I think a more “manager” mode would be a welcome addition, for example by having more immersive repairs and upgrades or focusing on crop hybrids (US) or different types of fertilisers and applications tied to a more diverse location oriented environment which is kind of half hung up with seasons and droughts/ hail and precision farming. I think it’ll be interesting to see where the PF and integrated Seasons go in 22. In my experience I’m happy for some RPG elements to be scripted in, but definitely without too much of a lock and key scenario where the onus is on levelling up with meaningless xp to get access to equipment. That said 99.999999% of farming is repeatedly doing the same thing praying for a different outcome which is the definition of insanity so they’d have to draw a line somewhere getting xp or most people would just drop it so I’d imagine that’s a non starter.
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Let's face it FS is tractor driving game most parts. Animal care and weather are far from realistics, crop texture seems to be more important to most players then actual real life unpredictable weather and lost of crops like we did again here.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

JWE75 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:24 pm Let's face it FS is tractor driving game most parts. Animal care and weather are far from realistics, crop texture seems to be more important to most players then actual real life unpredictable weather and lost of crops like we did again here.
Think that’s in large part because would rather not deal with the negative things of IRL farming as that would be plain out annoying.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

GrimGandalf wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:57 pm Gaining levels and XP to be able to use bigger better equipment, and unlock things while making money to buy them.
There was a topic similar to it. But I doubt GIANTS will add that feature.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:53 pm
GrimGandalf wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:57 pm Gaining levels and XP to be able to use bigger better equipment, and unlock things while making money to buy them.
That topic was in short that it’s purely a bad idea.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

Not for me a story mode , I would rather they spend the time making the vehicles and crops etc even better . If anything i would rather a random chance that vehicles can break down and need to be repaired
Also i am hoping that somehow they actually make the forestry vehicles a lot easier to handle so its fun instead of a chore to use them
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Are there going to be paragon/renegade interrupts?
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:13 pm
I am pretty sure that is already in the game, the experience points are called money.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:38 am
DEERE317 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:13 pm

I am pretty sure that is already in the game, the experience points are called money.
Basically I don't think thats counts as experience points because you pay for a tractor and it decrease your money just for paying for a tractor or take loans...
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours