Giants is backing Nitrado as a host?

DurazellpcGaming

Giants is backing Nitrado as a host?

Post by DurazellpcGaming »

Nitrado is in the Top 3 for worst possible hosts for this particular game.
G-Hub being number 1
Nitrado being number 2
Fragnet being number 3

Why Giants would back such a poor server provider/host is quite baffling. Sure, they are cheap. Their customer service is terrible.

Just sad to see such a great game promoting to players to have a server and then end up with a terrible experience.

Knowing that opinions will vary on this. We are talking about a "normal" low cost hosting of the game. There are several much better hosts, with up to date technology that are much more reliable and even have backup power for those outages.

Yes, I have ones that I would recommend, not doing that. Just pointing out the three NOT to use. Save yourself the grief and overall hassle.
deerefarm

Re: Giants is backing Nitrado as a host?

Post by deerefarm »

Sources? Or is this just speculation?
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’ve never had an issue with Nitrado running a server for Ark
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

For Farm Sim Nitrado was awful for us. Poor performance, constant outages and the customer service support was non existent.
Quite a number of friends within the FS community have also reported similar experiences.

We moved to Verygames, and apart from the very odd outage (1 or 2 times a year) they have been brilliant, plus when a mixup happened because of running two servers and payment was made to just one instead of both customer service fixed the issue for us instantly.

If GIANTS want to promote a server company like that, I'll just ignore there suggestion and go with a decent one. After all the promotion is most likely because Nitrado have paid to get GIANTS to promote them.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Guil

Post by Guil »

Over 150 servers in FSN are with Nitrado
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Im also fairly certain that nitrado is the only company that offers servers for consoles
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Guil wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:09 pm Over 150 servers in FSN are with Nitrado :this:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

Mwal wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:41 pm Im also fairly certain that nitrado is the only company that offers servers for consoles
G portal also does, that's who we had our Conan Exiles Server through and our Ark server was through Nitrado, no real complaints about either, had each around 6 months or so before moving to our own server.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
ChiefContractor

Post by ChiefContractor »

Friend had a nitrado server and it was laggy and was down often. I decided to get a server with verygames and i had very little lag and the website and panel i found was easier to use.
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
aklein

Post by aklein »

Mwal wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:41 pm Im also fairly certain that nitrado is the only company that offers servers for consoles
If your talking of FS22 dedicated servers then no. Any dedicated server running on any host will allow a console player to connect. If that's running in a rented environment like Nitrado or any of the other game server providers, or a private hosted dedicated server. Giants partnership with Nitrado goes back to FS17 days so this is nothing new that they would give them top billing on any sort of MP related announcement.

Personally I use GameServers for all my FS server needs. I don't like VeryGames as it seems they auto update your servers when a new update comes out and I in working in the tech industry do not like anything updating on its own with out my directive. With GameServers if your on a laggy server you just put in an automated request to move servers in the same datacenter or to a different datacenter. Be sure you have your save game backed up and your mod folder and then when you get the email about the new server being provisioned login and upload your save game and mods and your back in business.