300 hours on a map, then what? Play two maps at once?

this_is_gav

Re: 300 hours on a map, then what? Play two maps at once?

Post by this_is_gav »

Mwal wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:47 am I’ve been playing the same map for the most part since six months after 19 came out haha. I don’t think I have quite a thousand hours but I’m somewhat close
That's the sign of a good map - repeatability. I think I've played four separate saves on Oakfield Farm across FS17 and 19 (three in 17, one in 19). Similar with Coldborough Park Farm across FS15 and 17.

I usually get bored of a map when I've upgraded to big machinery, but if I'm drawn back I'll usually play a different style or location.

I can't say I've ever looked at how long I've played a map for though, even though it's right there in front of you on the game saves page. I just stop when I stop enjoying it and length doesn't come into it.
Dagrump

Re: 300 hours on a map, then what? Play two maps at once?

Post by Dagrump »

I usually get 300 to 400 hours on a map and then I get the urge to find something new. Lately there seems to be a surge of a lot of new and well done maps available. I recently went from Griffin (302hrs) to another save on Buck's County PA and put 408hrs on the new save. I probably had about the same hours on the first save. I moved unto Delta Junction Alaska for a little over 200 hrs before loading Flinthills Iowa map and have a little over 30 hrs on it presently.

I like to expand the farm to around 4oo acres and it seems once I get that far I start looking for something else.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan