FS22 early gameplay

Mwal

Re: FS22 early gameplay

Post by Mwal »

Riven326 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:05 am
I don't know who that is. Do you have a link?
Chaki is a giants employee
viewtopic.php?f=876&t=180269
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

thumbwiz wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:19 am
The upgrade is the addition of production chains, you know, real farming stuff. The game performance looks to be about the same, with stutter and the view circle.
Productions are a part of farming. How else would you get a burger or a piece of cake. It gives players something else to do instead of the same thing over and over. If you don't like, don't use it. Also people don't get ban for sharing their opinions.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

He literally posts every fact sheet Friday in the announcement section and the testing list on the mods, or do you think djgoham comes up with that or of thin air for his videos like some have before.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:13 am
Riven326 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:29 pm
Is there new gameplay or screenshots I'm not aware of? I'm more than willing to give them a chance. But it's been three years and the upgrades in 22 are miniscule at best.
All of the Fact Sheet Friday posts by Chaki
If you talking about Chaki, he updates the mods list I think. :hi:

Also here is the link of the Factsheet Friday: viewtopic.php?f=876&t=180269
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

The fact sheets and other snippets released recently look a million miles better than the GamesCom footage. I'm not really sure what they were thinking releasing that in the state it was in - I think that was a rather sobering week in the offices!

Ever since what we've seen looks far better though. Not perfect by any means, but much, much better than before.

Performance in the GamesCom coverage is the only question mark - detail and a crop circle closer than it was in FS19 didn't bode well (especially considering the features added for graphical performance reasons (quoted: "texture streaming, occlusion culling and temporal anti-aliasing")), but hopefully graphics profiles were still being finalised and the released product should be much better in this regard.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Riven326 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:29 pm Is there new gameplay or screenshots I'm not aware of? I'm more than willing to give them a chance. But it's been three years and the upgrades in 22 are miniscule at best.
I would recommend the Blogs on the main Farming Simulator Website for more information about new features.

Also the FarmCon YT videos on GIANTS main YT channel were good in showcasing the new features. My favourite was the new sounds and audio added to the game.

Over all Fs22 has far more new or refined features than Fs19 had. Graphics and lighting appear to still be WIP as they keep changing from screenshot to screenshot on the fact sheets, but for the most part GIANTS seem to be listening to feedback and refining those as well.

If you compare Fs19 launch to where we are now with pre-Fs22 it's a lot better.

As to the circle of detail that everyone always mentions, that is present in every game, and cannot be got rid of as it's impossible to render full detail across the entire map, especially on older consoles and PCs.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

The circle can be modified in the xml for each crop individualy by controlling lod 0 and lod 1 distances. Hower expect heavy performance hit regardless of your pc. Engine simply is not capable rendering many polygons. Thats why many machines at the same spot will cause lag beacuse engine cannot handle many polys at the same time. This will be solved with occlussion culling in fs22 but vehicles must be in the sheds and not visible for this to work not a single pixel of the vehicle is allowed be exposed otherwise occlusion culling wont kick in. Crops however cannot be culled. They will have main diffuse texture a lod texture and a distance texture. Key here is to match these textures as max possible and tweak lod values in xml in order to get good performance and seamless transition between lod states. Bullet bill and oxy care about this alot on their maps but many modders unfortunately dont.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:50 am
He literally posts every fact sheet Friday in the announcement section and the testing list on the mods, or do you think djgoham comes up with that or of thin air for his videos like some have before.
I didn't know. That's why I asked for the link.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Mwal wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:32 am
thumbwiz wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:15 am
On YouTube, you can give your opinion without being banned.
I haven’t saw anyone be banned for sharing their opinion here before. I think what you meant is on YouTube you can act like a scum of the earth asshole and not be banned.
Certain folks seem to get away with it here as well.
It says a lot about a person who considers people to be "scum of the earth assholes" for not being impressed with FS22 updates.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Popcorn, anyone
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

thumbwiz wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:57 pm
thumbwiz wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:15 am
On YouTube, you can give your opinion without being banned.
I haven’t saw anyone be banned for sharing their opinion here before. I think what you meant is on YouTube you can act like a scum of the earth asshole and not be banned.
It says a lot about a person who considers people to be "scum of the earth assholes" for not being impressed with FS22 updates.
I don’t think Mwal’s definition has much of anything to do with FS22 opinions, rather the conveying of said opinions (usually as it’s the topic that brings them out of the wood work) in ways which are less than civil.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:11 pm

I don’t think Mwal’s definition has much of anything to do with FS22 opinions, rather the conveying of said opinions (usually as it’s the topic that brings them out of the wood work) in ways which are less than civil.
Speaking of "out of the woodwork"...
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

TheSuBBie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:08 pm Popcorn, anyone
Please do slide some over my way
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

New batch of screenshots do look improved. I still think the game looks largely like 19 without the black crushed. The lighting looks more balanced which is great.

However, I think the game still lacks a natural looking color palette. The game would look ago much better with a more realistic color palette in my opinion. I saw a few screenshots of what a modder was able to do with 19 and it looks much better. Howe was ge able to do that and Giants can't even though they have access to the entire game engine's code is a mystery.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

So…… people get banned here then don’t get banned which is it? I also believe it should be fairly simple to discern normal criticism (which I agree it didn’t look the greatest in some of the earlier videos and screenshots) with “f this piece of trash” and understand the point I was making.