Bucks County Pa - Seasons Question

chedly_farms

Bucks County Pa - Seasons Question

Post by chedly_farms »

So I wanted to try some hour on Bucks County before I possibly move onto 22. I also wanted to try seasons for the first time. I have been messing with different geos to find one that I like. However, even with the "generic" geo that comes with seasons, on day one, the trees always have leaves. Every map I use just the base geo that is programed with seasons, the trees are without leaves. Is Bucks County not seasons ready in that regard? Thanks.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
lawm

Re: Bucks County Pa - Seasons Question

Post by lawm »

I'm stunned.....you and seasons.....wow lol. It's also funny because I just started seasons on Griffin. I get too ahead of myself and I truly see myself being on 19 another 6 mos....maybe year depend on reception and mods that come out. Dont quote me but I thought Bucks was seasons and had a custom soil map.

Pause and search came up with this

Changelog 2.1.0.0
Updated seasons textures for bushes and small trees

That was on the modhub from my phone. Sooo not sure since I've never used default geo. I'm using the Griffin geo, it has leaves first day of spring
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

My Griffin save has some issues of late. I need to revamp the game save, or try a different map. I had the screen go black and go to the main title a couple nights ago, and happened on opening the save last night. I have had a ton of lag around my main farm, so I may have to change it up if I want to continue on it. I'm looking at continuing with seasons, if I can. And if not, I'm looking for a new map, and also try seasons. I stopped using the the small bale baler, so that is not an issue for me any longer.

lawm

Post by lawm »

Ohhhh that *censored* to hear. I wonder if it has anything to do with the vast amount of trees up top. Seems like I noticed more lag at the North end of the map than I do South. I love using the small baler but I have kind of compromised with myself that I will still use it for straw and hay whenever I do not need to keep it for myself and just sell them. I'm sure it will be the Achilles heel for the 99th time. I think I just need to get The dairy up and running and get through an entire season get onto a schedule
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:48 pm on day one, the trees always have leaves.
This is probably applies to most US GEOS. However GEOS like Germany doesn't has leaves at day one.
chedly_farms wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:00 pm I had the screen go black and go to the main title a couple nights ago,
I think there was someone had that problem at New Woodshire basically he gave up and started No Mans Land. Never had that problem before.
Last edited by ASOLANDRI on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

lawm wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:33 pm Ohhhh that *censored* to hear. I wonder if it has anything to do with the vast amount of trees up top. Seems like I noticed more lag at the North end of the map than I do South. I love using the small baler but I have kind of compromised with myself that I will still use it for straw and hay whenever I do not need to keep it for myself and just sell them. I'm sure it will be the Achilles heel for the 99th time. I think I just need to get The dairy up and running and get through an entire season get onto a schedule
It's around my yard. I have placed a steer shed, dairy barn, two upright silos, and a bunker along with all my other equipment. So I'm sure it might be a mixture of trees and the sheer amount of ram that I have sitting in my yard. I'm looking to make a MN Millennial Farmer/Welker Farms hybrid farm elsewhere on the map. Perhaps down by the end of the road. And start a dairy map in Europe or something. I've been pretty fi** lately about how I want to play.

Case-man

Post by Case-man »

I'll try seasons on Bucks later today to check (on PC though).

But as for a console European map, Ravensberg offers cow shed at each farm. Recently updated.

Very nice map, small/medium fields, logging opportunities etc.
Case-man

Post by Case-man »

Yupp, leafy trees.

Bucks County and Seasons.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:48 pm I also wanted to try seasons for the first time.
How are you finding Seasons?
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:29 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:48 pm I also wanted to try seasons for the first time.
I can't get over how fake the neon trees look like, so I have moved on from that idea. Since that post I have played around a bit. I actually got FS17 out and realized how much better the environment looks on 17 than 19. So I have actually gone back to Osina now that I have scratched my American itch. Osina is just a map that just looks real to me. I have a lot of fun playing it again. Just a pain in the bum starting all over again.

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:18 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:29 pm
I can't get over how fake the neon trees look like, so I have moved on from that idea. Since that post I have played around a bit. I actually got FS17 out and realized how much better the environment looks on 17 than 19. So I have actually gone back to Osina now that I have scratched my American itch. Osina is just a map that just looks real to me. I have a lot of fun playing it again. Just a pain in the bum starting all over again.
The tress have always been the same for me I much prefer the look of seasons in 19 I know it doesn't help you on console but on pc their are different lighting xml which do improve it. I'm hoping we see a more varied selection and improved look for the trees in 22.
As for Osina it's not a map I've heard of nobody on here has ever mentioned it......... :mrgreen:
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

It's based of the real landscape in Osina Wielka, Poland. It's a very nice rolling hills map. Probably one of the top 5 maps on the modhub. The way the environment renders, it looks very much like the fs17 environments. Are you sure I never mentioned it before? I thought I have mentioned it to someone on here.

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:00 pm It's based of the real landscape in Osina Wielka, Poland. It's a very nice rolling hills map. Probably one of the top 5 maps on the modhub. The way the environment renders, it looks very much like the fs17 environments. Are you sure I never mentioned it before? I thought I have mentioned it to someone on here.
No you've never said a word about it :lol: