[Suggestion] | Free DLC add-on for FS22, Clarkson's Farm

TheSuBBie

Re: [Suggestion] | Free DLC add-on for FS22, Clarkson's Farm

Post by TheSuBBie »

It would be nice to see a modder, or mod group create it as 4x
Modders, Modding Groups are still liable under trademark rules it just depends if the owners decided it is worthwhile to persue any infringments.

Now if Jeremy was to create the map himself or get Captain slow to do it that would be a different, and interesting, situation.

Somebody should post a link to this topic on his twitter/facebook feed.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

HC1Gunner wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:05 am 1. It would never happen as a DCL, the would be issues with trademark, and more than likely Amazon.
2. Giant has said they will never create anything larger than a 2x map, as all platforms have to be able to run it.
1) Nothing stopping JC and his farm coming to an agreement with GIANTS. Other sites around (eg villages, some buildings and sell-points) might need to be fictional, but things like road layouts and the surrounding landscape could be real. There's no reason GIANTS can't make real farms, it just needs the agreement with the landowner(s).

Whether anyone has a license on Clarkson's farm is another matter - Amazon or a third party might hold all digital rights to anything based on it, but there's no harm in trying... assuming Amazon don't intend to make or license their own game based on the farm (indeed you could argue it would be in GIANTS best interests to do all they can to stop that from happening - they won't want a well-funded rival potentially taking their brands and players).

2) I don't think GIANTS have said they'd never create or allow a bigger map than the standard size (it's not 2x, it's 1x but 2km x 2km). Indeed there was a 4x map released for consoles not that long ago, though I think it was removed as it corrupted on saving and wouldn't reload - performance wise it seemed playable though.

If we are to assume that FS25 (or the next game) will drop support for old gen consoles and the PC market has stabilised to a degree then we can expect some pretty big changes to come. They have to come - away from the environment issues that have thankfully largely been addressed the reaction to FS22's graphics was equally negative. It certainly looks extremely dated in some ways (terrain is still flat and lifeless when PoM is disabled or hidden, like when there's straw on the ground) and the environment is so sparse and lacking in immersion - the franchise needs for the shackles to be removed - we can't have the same limitations until 2028 or so (FS28) - it would be two decades on from FS2008 yet some of the same basic limitations are still in place!

Hopefully support is provided for more map sizes (not just 1x and 4x, but 0.5x, 3x, 7x, whatever a mapper wants to create). Have hard-coded size multipliers if needed from a programming point of view, but allow for custom PDA/map overviews to 'zoom' into the set playable area.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

^ *thumbsup*
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Frozen Catalyst wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:42 pm I don’t think that numpty relic needs more royalties…
Would have to agree with that. Plus I've watched a couple of his episodes and I wasn't overly impressed. There are farms out there that would do just a well as his, but without the fancy name.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:46 pm Indeed there was a 4x map released for consoles not that long ago,
That reminded me of a Polish modder of the map of Eastern managed to pass on console. (Like it was 4x) However it got taken off after the day due to saving problems.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

You might get 4x from a 3rd party, but in an interview, Giant themselves stated it would never create anything above 2x.

Skip only getting (2) vanilla maps at the start, how stingy is that. If it wasn't for modders, FS would be in trouble!
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

HC1Gunner wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:54 pm You might get 4x from a 3rd party, but in an interview, Giant themselves stated it would never create anything above 2x.

Skip only getting (2) vanilla maps at the start, how stingy is that. If it wasn't for modders, FS would be in trouble!
Console can't get 3rd party mods and once again there is no such thing as 2x. There is standard size also called 1x being 2km by 2km.
Also they give you so many other features and I believe there are 3 maps including dlcs for the pass few games. Yes modders keep the alive and fun as well.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

HC1Gunner wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:54 pm You might get 4x from a 3rd party, but in an interview, Giant themselves stated it would never create anything above 2x.
I'd like to see a source for that info. They might have said it years ago but I've not heard it.

Even if they had said it, "never" would be a strong word and I wouldn't take it too literally, but I could understand them saying something along the lines of "we've currently got no plans to create bigger maps" in the last few years. FS has been around for 13 years - are we to assume that "never" means that if FS is still around in another 13+ years that they would still stick to maps no larger than 2km x 2km? I certainly wouldn't be betting on that!

And as Illinois Farmer said and I've already explained, there is no such thing as a 2x map - it's not currently possible.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

1x; 2km by 2km - standard sized map
4x; 4km by 4km - 4 standard sized maps
16x; 8km by 8km - 16 standard sized maps
64x; 16km by 16km - 64 standard sized maps

The "x" means how many standard maps fit into the area of the map you're working with
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I'd rather have a peel p50

Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Guys that map fits easily on No mans land as I and another YouTube MrFarquar have already built it to scale using google earth and the field sizes are absolutely huge, so you don’t need a massive map for this
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

As for farm rights, as far as I can see you can mod any area of your choosing but you can’t call it Clarksons farm, areas of maps and google don’t have copyrights, if I wanted to make Buckingham Palace on Farm sim from google earth then there is nothing to stop me, I don’t need the Queens permission
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

Jeepers people don't get off topic with the thread. Looks in the map releases, everyone uses 2x, 4x, as a generic term, instead of saying km. You don't see maps being released say 4km, no they just say 4x, its the "square area". Everyone knows that vanilla are 1k by 1k, and mods are 2k by 2k, 4k by 4k etc, but you don't see them posting or referring to maps that way, they just say 4x, 16x etc.
Consoles can and do run certain mods, they just can't have a mod that contains any scripts, or brand names.
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

HC1Gunner wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:20 pm Jeepers people don't get off topic with the thread. Looks in the map releases, everyone uses 2x, 4x, as a generic term, instead of saying km. You don't see maps being released say 4km, no they just say 4x, its the "square area". Everyone knows that vanilla are 1k by 1k, and mods are 2k by 2k, 4k by 4k etc, but you don't see them posting or referring to maps that way, they just say 4x, 16x etc.
Consoles can and do run certain mods, they just can't have a mod that contains any scripts, or brand names.
The only one i know is lancy and he is wrong by calling the console version 2x. Also standard maps are 2km by 2km not 1k by 1k but you know since every one knows it. Also just admit you made a mistake or you didn't read the comment beforr rather than making an excuse. Console can have some brand names if they fall within licenses and can have scripts if Giants go through the testing process with the respective companies. Yeah modders say 4x or 16x or nothing if it is standard size cuz why would they put 1x.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

HC1Gunner wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:20 pm Consoles can and do run certain mods, they just can't have a mod that contains any scripts, or brand names.
I mean yeah. Consoles can even run a game that has a larger map than 2x but like I said.
ASOLANDRI wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:43 pm However it got taken off after the day due to saving problems.
Even the Nintendo Switch can load Breath of the Wild, the map itself is larger than 2x Standard maps on FS19/17 due to it more optimized than Farming Simulator 19/17 and can load quite fast. :gamer: :geeknew:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours