Better steering wheel support

TGAGAMING

Better steering wheel support

Post by TGAGAMING »

Hey guys I am just wondering if there will be better steering wheel support in fs22?

Force feedback?
Able to adjust centre spring stiffness?
Able to adjust operating range?

I'm sure alot of people would love these options to get a more realistic feeling from the game.
don_apple

Re: Better steering wheel support

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately there hasn't been any official statement from GIANTS so far if there will be any changes to the way controllers (like steering wheels, joysticks, gamepads). will be suported in FS22.

Therefore nobody here will be able to say right now if any of the features you mentioned will be available or not in FS22.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Sonek4

Post by Sonek4 »

About that back in FS 19 for PS4 i can say that the worst issue while driving with a controller was that it was nearly impossible to make a smooth single curve without failing to keep the vehycle in lane. In my humble opinion it lacks a better adjustment in bettwen the ammount of degrees you have pressed the sticl button and its response in game. I mean, you barely touch the pad and the car starts to turn too fast.
It was there an adjust wich allow us to regulate the timing wich means you will press the controller pad and it will take some time to start turning, but it wasn't the ideal.
The turning wheel shoud be ralated directly to the ammount of pressure you do on the stick so if you just touch it it should smoothly turn the vehycle into the desired direction. For now on 19 it is impossible. If you touch the pad it will turn too fast and you'll loose control or lose the curve track.
Sonek4
FS 15/17/19/22 on PS4 and XBox One
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Sonek4 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:01 am For now on 19 it is impossible. If you touch the pad it will turn too fast and you'll loose control or lose the curve track.
I have a PS4 controller I turned down the steering sensitivity down to 50% and its much smoother than before.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

If I'm using a controller, I turn the sensitivity down to 50% and I agree it's much smoother. With our TMX Pro wheels, I turn it back up to 100%.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Sonek4

Post by Sonek4 »

I understand and also tried that myself and yes, it is a bit better, though it isn't a solution.
When you do that and turn sensitivity down the only thing you really do is to have a delay on your command so it will take a bit more time to respond. However, when the response comes it will do it as fast as it were had no changes at all.
What we really need is a better fine adjustment so the stick should turn the wheels gradually as the driving wheel does.
Sonek4
FS 15/17/19/22 on PS4 and XBox One