Milk problem

chh997

Milk problem

Post by chh997 »

Hi!

I have a problem with cows producting milk. I have over 60 different types of cows, but I'm not getting any milk. I feed them TMR and hay/silage. I put straw on winters, but not on summers. I clean the pasture and refill food and water twice a day.
It's been almost 3 game years and I haven't got any milk at all.

I play with seasons on The Valley The Old Farm on PS4.

Anyone got any ideas?
And sorry for my english :)
reallogger

Re: Milk problem

Post by reallogger »

So what cattle breeds do you have?

From the manual on our home page:
Limousin, Saler and Brahman are beef breeds where you buy steers (male animals) for further fattening. They will not breed or produce milk (as they are male animals). Holstein and Ayshire are dairy breeds so you buy female heifers at 2 years age. They will start to produce milk once they have given birth. Cows are artifically inseminated and requires no action from the player. The gestation period for cows are 9 periods.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

What do you mean with 60 different types? With seasons you got 5 different types. 3 of them are beef cattle, the other two (Holstein, Ayshire) will produce milk once they gave birth (after 9 month)
You can find all informations about the animals in this blog.

https://www.realismusmodding.com/blog/2 ... tml#cattle
chh997

Post by chh997 »

TobiHH wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:32 pm What do you mean with 60 different types? With seasons you got 5 different types. 3 of them are beef cattle, the other two (Holstein, Ayshire) will produce milk once they gave birth (after 9 month)
You can find all informations about the animals in this blog.

https://www.realismusmodding.com/blog/2 ... tml#cattle
I mean that I have over 60 cows and all of them are different breeds. I have different numbers of every breeds.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

chh997 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:23 pm I mean that I have over 60 cows and all of them are different breeds. I have different numbers of every breeds.
This is odd so need some more information. Milk production is linked to cows giving birth. Have you during those years received any calves? Are any of the cows even pregnant? Check the animal screen in the Seasons menu for the status of your Ayrshire and Holstein cows.
chh997

Post by chh997 »

reallogger wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:05 pm
chh997 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:23 pm I mean that I have over 60 cows and all of them are different breeds. I have different numbers of every breeds.
This is odd so need some more information. Milk production is linked to cows giving birth. Have you during those years received any calves? Are any of the cows even pregnant? Check the animal screen in the Seasons menu for the status of your Ayrshire and Holstein cows.
There is text with some of the cows saying " next animal in 0.4years " or some other numbers, but that's it. I'll check the game game when I'll get home.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

chh997 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:16 pm There is text with some of the cows saying " next animal in 0.4years " or some other numbers, but that's it. I'll check the game game when I'll get home.
Ok that might explain it. Cows only produce milk after giving birth so that might explain it. In most cases you should get the first calves about 1 year after buying Ayrshire or Holstein cows. Sometimes a bit less than 1 year, sometimes longer.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

You don’t by chance have them in a modded pen with no milk trigger?
chh997

Post by chh997 »

Mwal wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:02 pm You don’t by chance have them in a modded pen with no milk trigger?
No, I use the one that comes with the map.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

chh997 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:05 pm
What breed of animals are you using? And have they produced any calves?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

Hi,

Just an addition, you need some space for cows to give birth. Be sure to have free space in your pen.

Cheers.
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"