Getting stoned.

Simon738

Getting stoned.

Post by Simon738 »

Morning all,

Probably a little early for this but with the introduction of stone picking in FS22 I’m wondering whether potato planting will now/could have the additional process of stone picking after ridging (if even this becomes a thing) using a Grimme CS150 or similar.

Root crops could be done so much better in FS, I’m not really interested in grapes and almonds tbh I wish more focus was on the ‘normal’ crops rather than by-pass them had heartedly and introduce other things.

Just a few thoughts. *thumbsup*
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
FarmerJohn89

Re: Getting stoned.

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Morning Simon,
While I doubt Giants have bothered to give us potato ridgers and a destoner for us I am hopeful that a clever modder cares enough about potatoes as we do and will mod it into the game.
Also I suspect someone will have to mod stones as well as I suspect they will appear everywhere so hopefully someone can mod a map so they only appear in certain areas so you can plan which fields needing destoning and which do not.
It's olives we're getting not almonds unfortunately.
I do appreciate the new crops gives you lots of playstyles options but certainly would be nice to have a small team working on depth of the other crops. Windrowing canola would be another nice feature to add...

Giants is well aware of players desires for more depth just there's only so deep they can make the game before it gets too much for the children.
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

Thanks for the reply John, I did mean olives not almonds :wink3: (think that’s on another map). You’re right, ultimately it has to cater for the masses and not the purists. It’s a shame as it’s 90% of the way there and seems like it wouldn’t take much to get it ALL the way there. Thankfully though with the help of a great community/modders we can get it to 95% of the way there *thumbsup*
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
eric21

Post by eric21 »

More equipment will come but I feel this post is aimed at American players
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

Not at all, I’m from the UK and potato planting etc is done this way both here and in Ireland and I’m fairly certain across Europe too
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

I love working with potatos and i hope we will get more stuff for it. yes i know we got new ones and they are awesome! just hoping they potatos get more love like other crops do.