New Crop

Firefighter906

New Crop

Post by Firefighter906 »

Have you all thought about adding peanuts to the list of new crops for fs22. It is one of the biggest crops grown in the United States, mainly in the south eastern region. Obviously this requires special machines ie. peanut pickers pulled behind tractors. It would be nice to see this crop added to fs22.
Illinois Farmer

Re: New Crop

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Maybe in a different game. Also I don't think peanuts is one of the most grown crops in the US. Corn, soybeans, wheat, barley, oats, and cotton would all be higher.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

The amount of niche crops not in the game yet is a lot higher than some people might think, and since Giants is only a handful of weeks from releasing the game, I doubt they would be able to implement another crop before release. It would either need to be modded in to FS22 or be considered for the next big DLC expansion or FS game. Peanuts are in the top 10 for crops grown in the US though, so it's not out of the question. Basically, it comes down to what modders decide for 22, and what Giants decides for the future
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

I don't see where it states they are, but that's OK. Only this article https://agamerica.com/blog/power-of-10- ... n-the-u-s/ when roped in with soybeans and other oil they are. This one does not https://farmingbase.com/most-grown-crop ... ed-states/
And the usda is the same as first roped in with other oils https://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/crops/

Edit: as with everything the more the merrier. I wouldn't expect it this game but maybe in the future.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I thought about peanuts about a month ago when I saw I think "Big Tractor Power" following the peanut harvest. I never got around to suggesting it as there were other areas that needed love/more info. But now since you've said it, I'll stand behind you 100% with the idea.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Im supporting the idea for peanuts. They are big part of USA agriculture. But we will need specialized machinery from AMADAS and Kelly Manufacturing. Peanuts afaik are planted on beds prepared by a bedder. As for harvest goes they are digged out with equipment similiar from grimme potato dlc. After they have been layed on ground in windrows they are picked up by a pull type harvester or a self propelled one. I really would wish to see peanuts in fs22. However i dont think giants would ever make a crop dlc as it is much easier for them to sell reskins ( im looking you rottne dlc). As for the modders its so much work to make all of this equipment so i dont see it happening... who knows though
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Well since modders can now add more different crop types thanks to the vineyards, not sure on peanuts but harvesting tomatoes and the like could happen
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

eric21 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:00 pm Well since modders can now add more different crop types thanks to the vineyards, not sure on peanuts but harvesting tomatoes and the like could happen
They have been adding new crop types along time ago i dont get what are you saying. We even have grapes and grape harvester as a mod (Ischia map) on fs19 and f17 also. Peanuts are mostly grown in georgia and alabama so we would need a map from that region also. Anyway peanut equipment basicly does not exist in fs19. Only once i saw on fb group that someone really did made a peanut amadas pickup harvester but its private and he wont let anyone have it. So to sum it up modders would need to make new models for fs22 since they dont exist for previous fs titles
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I can't see that ever happening, compared to other crops the global geographic regions that can grow them is very small. They don't even break the top 10 crops in the US and are not a major crop in Europe (if they are grown there at all?), for a mostly European based game that would be a nonstarter for that conversation
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

njuska11 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:31 pm
eric21 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:00 pm Well since modders can now add more different crop types thanks to the vineyards, not sure on peanuts but harvesting tomatoes and the like could happen
They have been adding new crop types along time ago i dont get what are you saying. We even have grapes and grape harvester as a mod (Ischia map) on fs19 and f17 also. Peanuts are mostly grown in georgia and alabama so we would need a map from that region also. Anyway peanut equipment basicly does not exist in fs19. Only once i saw on fb group that someone really did made a peanut amadas pickup harvester but its private and he wont let anyone have it. So to sum it up modders would need to make new models for fs22 since they dont exist for previous fs titles
I mean in the Dev blog about grapes, it's easier to mod more crops based of that, so you could see coffee and more
Firefighter906

Post by Firefighter906 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:32 pm Maybe in a different game. Also I don't think peanuts is one of the most grown crops in the US. Corn, soybeans, wheat, barley, oats, and cotton would all be higher.
That’s why in my comment I mentioned “mainly in the south eastern region”. Peanuts are one of the main crops next to cotton and corn here in Ga. Peanuts would be a fun crop, it would require a good bit of modding though. Special machinery, peanut warehouses, and so on. It would be nice to see it in the game is all. If I could mod I’d do it myself and release it to the community, but don’t have the time and don’t know what I’m doing 🤣🤣😂. I’ll leave that to the professionals. I dang sure appreciate the feed back on this though, maybe one day in the future we will see it in fs22.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Maybe there will be some mods for peanuts on patreon atleast that is what is popular lately with some modders in NA community.... (yes mods with i3d files before you ask)
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

njuska11 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:01 am Maybe there will be some mods for peanuts on patreon atleast that is what is popular lately with some modders in NA community.... (yes mods with i3d files before you ask)
And that is a whole other can of worms.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:07 pm
njuska11 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:01 am Maybe there will be some mods for peanuts on patreon atleast that is what is popular lately with some modders in NA community.... (yes mods with i3d files before you ask)
And that is a whole other can of worms.
And lawyer’s job security
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Illinois Farmer

Report those ones then. The ones I know only is patreon as a way people can donate for their work. The modder then will share upcoming projects using pictures, let the people vote on an upcoming project, or giving members modding help.