Console Dedicated Server Question

OkieFarmer

Console Dedicated Server Question

Post by OkieFarmer »

They’ve said that whatever system hosting is the system responsible for player number and slot count, such as a PC host can have 16 players and console host can have 6 players. However, if you’re using a dedicated server, any device hosting can have 16 players.

My question is, do the dedicated servers also manage the slot count?

I’m playing on a Series X so I expect the slot count to already be higher, but it would be nice if I could finally reach somewhere in the realm of none to at least a metric ton of slots lol.
ASOLANDRI

Re: Console Dedicated Server Question

Post by ASOLANDRI »

OkieFarmer wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:42 pm My question is, do the dedicated servers also manage the slot count?
I think they will. It changes when theres a player with old-gen consoles joins the server.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
OkieFarmer

Re: Console Dedicated Server Question

Post by OkieFarmer »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:44 pm
OkieFarmer wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:42 pm My question is, do the dedicated servers also manage the slot count?
I think they will. It changes when theres a player with old-gen consoles joins the server.
What I’m hoping is that if I’m running a dedicated server through a server service, not just MP, and it negates number of players and gives you max number despite whatever device you’re playing on… that it also negates slot count and either ditches it like PC or gives you a ton despite whatever device you’re playing on.

Does that make sense? The rented server should be handling the game load instead of the console, right? So it’s for sure handling players and should be handling slots, or the lack there of.