The hired help in 22

norfolk farmer

The hired help in 22

Post by norfolk farmer »

So far we have seen very little regarding the workers in 22. I wonder is it being held back as a big reveal showing big changes and improvements as to how they function, or not being mentioned as not to much has changed.
As the only thing we have seen appears to be a change in the menu then I am hoping it's the first option.
george.earlslight

Re: The hired help in 22

Post by george.earlslight »

On the October 15th fact sheet, we can see the NH T9 skipping lanes with the Kinze.
I'm hoping the helper does that or some kind of guidance.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

george.earlslight wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:34 pm On the October 15th fact sheet, we can see the NH T9 skipping lanes with the Kinze.
Nice catch! Hopefully Giants will finally really fix the worker issue after putting band aid after band aid on it for 8+ years.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

redglasses wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:42 am
george.earlslight wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:34 pm On the October 15th fact sheet, we can see the NH T9 skipping lanes with the Kinze.
Nice catch! Hopefully Giants will finally really fix the worker issue after putting band aid after band aid on it for 8+ years.
They haven't fixed it for 8 yrs, why would that change all of a sudden?
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

They've done videos and screenshots previously with missing lanes and twice it was FS19 so I wouldn't get too excited.

deerefarm wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:53 am They haven't fixed it for 8 yrs, why would that change all of a sudden?
Because they said themselves "more realistic AI behaviour". I'm sure there'll be a blog article about them at some point, but on the very limited evidence we've seen nothing looks different in terms of field work - that was a pretty old build though.
george.earlslight

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:08 pm They've done videos and screenshots previously with missing lanes and twice it was FS19 so I wouldn't get too excited.
Would be funny if we learn that they were running Courseplay to record videos :lol:
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:19 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:08 pm They've done videos and screenshots previously with missing lanes and twice it was FS19 so I wouldn't get too excited.
Would be funny if we learn that they were running Courseplay to record videos :lol:
If they had converted Courseplay to FS22 already, then we should expect an AI miracle for this new game :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Lindydanny

Post by Lindydanny »

I remember during FarmCon there was a video where one person began talking about the AI and then it cut to a shot where.the host was pulling a plug with a grin.

I'm hoping for a big reveal based on that.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I'll be holding off on the game until Couresplay is stable for 22. I haven't used workers since 17, don't really plan on changing that anytime soon
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Yeah I don't particularly use hired help only when necessary. I get some people prefer to play farm management sim but I've always done all the work myself.
I think there will be improvements but don't expect course play levels of improvements....
george.earlslight

An FS22 guide has been published on German media outlet gamestar.de, in German.
It includes the Fend Black Beauty skin along with 148 pages of guide, so I would guess there has to be some kind of mention about the AI.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

That's only published on 19th November, so it's not much use for predicting what the AI will be like. We're more likely to see in a blog and hopefully accompanying video demonstration - and if they don't appear then don't expect any difference to FS19.

The hired helper menu button has been completely absent since it was shown at FarmCon three months ago with not even a hint of anything since (bar a very FS19-esque combine reversing through crops in a short clip to go alongside the GamesCom trailer), so I'm not convinced FS22's supposed AI improvements haven't been shelved.

We assumed they were just disabled for GamesCom (for the streams, including GIANTS' own), but the longer there's no mention the less likely it looks.
Bersson

Post by Bersson »

A couple of days ago, Peter Bathge, editor of GameStar, said this about the helper system:

"Giants is still working intensively on the helper system, which is why the developers have asked us not to show this part of the game yet. There will still be some changes until the release."

Source: The comments section of this article: https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/landwir ... 74528.html
george.earlslight

Not a good thing if the game has still features under development a month before release.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

It's not going to be the sounds for FS19 all over again, is it? We were meant to get the gearboxes for FS19 but they weren't happy at the time so in the end we got a sort of bodge that was far worse than FS17's sounds.

I really hope history doesn't repeat itself with the helpers in FS22.