Why no chocolate milk in FS22?

norfolk farmer

Re: Why no chocolate milk in FS22?

Post by norfolk farmer »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:00 pm I really hope production chains aren't built into maps. They should be released separately as a placeable (set to required by a map if necessary). It would be an extremely quick way to fracture the ModHub if certain productions were only available on certain maps.
I'd also say on certain styles of maps too many would ruin the character of the map.
empato

Post by empato »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:00 pm I really hope production chains aren't built into maps. They should be released separately as a placeable (set to required by a map if necessary). It would be an extremely quick way to fracture the ModHub if certain productions were only available on certain maps, killing half of the premise of the feature before it's even had a chance to get going.
It was already mentioned in the blog that some productions are built in the map.

https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=248

Let's take the grain mill, for example: The grain mill isn't just a place to sell your wheat, now. It's a production plant and a placeable that processes your grains. Either visit a mill that's already placed on the map, or build one yourself on a piece of land you own.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I don't mean the ones included in the game (I assume they'll also be available as placeables anyway), I mean ones built by modders.

Like the way factories and productions were made for FS19 - they were largely exclusive to the maps which featured them (understandably in that case as it wasn't just a case of adding an XML, I3D and textures, like it will in FS22).
Last edited by this_is_gav on Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

empato wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:11 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:00 pm I really hope production chains aren't built into maps. They should be released separately as a placeable (set to required by a map if necessary). It would be an extremely quick way to fracture the ModHub if certain productions were only available on certain maps, killing half of the premise of the feature before it's even had a chance to get going.
It was already mentioned in the blog that some productions are built in the map.

https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=248

Let's take the grain mill, for example: The grain mill isn't just a place to sell your wheat, now. It's a production plant and a placeable that processes your grains. Either visit a mill that's already placed on the map, or build one yourself on a piece of land you own.
I'm guessing that relates to Giants maps I read Gav's post as a question about mod maps.

Edit during typing it's looks like I was correct :mrgreen:
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I remember that during the FarmCon videos, they showed a Bakery on the US map and then said it's a European bakery but still looks very nice on the US map. So I'm guessing that means maps can use placeable from other maps.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Strawberry milk
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Strawberry Milk should be easy enough to do. We've got milk and strawberry's, it's just a matter of finetuning the factory to make it.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Since we have water, why cant we make Cola??? P L E A S E G I A N T S
Ignorance is bliss
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

iwan073 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:26 pm Since we have water, why cant we make Cola??? P L E A S E G I A N T S
That is like worst suggestion I saw, in sense that it doesn't make any haha. Even if they wanted to they again need a license
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It really isn't that far of a stretch. You need sugar which you can get from sugar cane. You don't need a license for cola, you need it for coke or coca cola.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Yeah, all GIANTS have to do is make a Lizard Brand Cola/Soda and it’d be basically like any IRL generic soda brand.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

But please no grape soda
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Idk about you MrSquealypig, suggest strawberry milk over chocolate and now no grape soda. Haha just kidding.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I don't think we'll see Cola (from Giants) as it's considered unhealthy same as we won't see wine or beer. Strawberry and Chocolate milk greats ideas. Tomato juice would be easy enough to do.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Why is there no production process for potatoes? This is stuck in my head.
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi: