Why no chocolate milk in FS22?

Richard Dower

Why no chocolate milk in FS22?

Post by Richard Dower »

We have milk, we have chocolate...please Giants let us have a chocolate milk factory!
Mwal

Re: Why no chocolate milk in FS22?

Post by Mwal »

Can’t be chocolate milk, no brown cows
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

I 100% endorse this although it might also be a tie in to a few mods if there’s the option to extend the production chains post release?
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Mwal wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:32 pm Can’t be chocolate milk, no brown cows
Petition to add Jersey cows to FS22 :lol:

Edit: Brings up a good point, will we see real cow brands for FS22, and will it be a greater variety than just Holstein and Ayrshire? :hmm:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

In Europe for milk chocolate cows are purple :biggrin2:
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I like this idea. But I have one question and that is where does chocolate come from in the game. They've mention bees for honey, greenhouse for salads and pretty much everything else is grown, or milked. So is chocolate going to be the one resource we have to buy, or are Giants keeping it a secret?
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Chocolate is currently made using sugar and milk, so I'm guessing the cocoa is not part of the production line and just automatically gets added in to make it chocolate. Some of the other productions use other ingredients that aren't listed in the FS production lines
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

deerefarm wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:43 am I like this idea. But I have one question and that is where does chocolate come from in the game. They've mention bees for honey, greenhouse for salads and pretty much everything else is grown, or milked. So is chocolate going to be the one resource we have to buy, or are Giants keeping it a secret?
actually this is what i was wondering aswell. i would really like to know because as its made in production chain doesnt make much sense.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:37 pm
Mwal wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:32 pm Can’t be chocolate milk, no brown cows
Petition to add Jersey cows to FS22 :lol:

Edit: Brings up a good point, will we see real cow brands for FS22, and will it be a greater variety than just Holstein and Ayrshire? :hmm:
I second this motion.

Also technically Brown cows can make chocolate milk…
…just requires someone adding the flavoring to it. :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

BernardC wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:41 pm In Europe for milk chocolate cows are purple :biggrin2:
It seems no one got the Milka pun yet :P
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:37 pm Edit: Brings up a good point, will we see real cow brands for FS22, and will it be a greater variety than just Holstein and Ayrshire? :hmm:
In the very first announcement for FS22 they posted a screenshot of a cow pasture, in which appeared to be Holstein and Red Poll cattle (both of which were in FS19) as well as what I think is a Parda Alpina (Alpine Brown), which is a breed originally from the Swiss Alps.

They appear to have been remodelled for FS22 with new animations. They looked pretty good back then, but we've not seen much since (I can only recall a quick glimpse in one of the FarmCon videos).

That's not to say there aren't others featured of course (such as the Brahman breeds introduced with FS17's Platinum Expansion).
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

Everyone is so focused on milk but chocolate is not made just of milk that is the point i don't understand. it would need some kind of vanilla, cocoa or some different flavor.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Perhaps it will be a new crop (cocao bean) but only in the Latin America maps
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Im sure there will be a mod for this, as a matter of fact we expect many production chains in newly modded maps i would say so
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I really hope production chains aren't built into maps. They should be released separately as a placeable (set to required by a map if necessary). It would be an extremely quick way to fracture the ModHub if certain productions were only available on certain maps, killing half of the premise of the feature before it's even had a chance to get going.
Last edited by this_is_gav on Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.