FS22 - Can we get force feedback?

Fordimus

FS22 - Can we get force feedback?

Post by Fordimus »

Just wondering if Giants are considering force feedback for FS22 for wheels? And if not, can we make this a request for it? I'm sure not a large part of the community uses a wheel, but for those who do and have force feedback, I'm sure they (I) would be very appreciative for it.
Miketeg

Re: FS22 - Can we get force feedback?

Post by Miketeg »

I support this request
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

For someone who doesn’t use a steering wheel, what is force feedback?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

If you are driving a car you turn your steering wheel and when you let go it's gonna rotate back until car goes straight, that's basicly what force feedback does, forces steering back. There are even more things it can do but that's main one.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Oh, not sure how great that would be for a tractor/machinery driving game as none/basically none have self centering steering wheels, they just sit were they’re left.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

I'm curious if GIANTS will support the haptic feedback for the PS5 version.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Riven326 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:31 am I'm curious if GIANTS will support the haptic feedback for the PS5 version.
I hope so, because I'm planning to get the PS5 though. *thumbsup*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

I understand that it would be nice to "feel" the game through our steering wheels and all, but as I understand it, aren't the design of tractor steering setup as it is so that the driver DON'T feel anything from the wheels?

I mean, if your driving a large heavy tractor in a muddy field, you don't want to fight against the ground affecting your wheels.

It was a long time since I drove a vintage tractor, but I believe they also are setup to have the steering rack affected as little as possible from the ground through the wheels.

At least that is my understanding. I'm in no way an expert, so I'm happy to be corrected.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

If force feedback is where the steering wheel returns to the center, then that would not be realistic for agricultural machinery since no piece of equipment that I have experienced or driven has a self-centering steering wheel. However, if force feedback is more where the wheel is receiving pressure from contact with the ground, then yes, that would be more realistic. As a keyboard player, I don't fully understand force feedback and do not have an opinion on whether or not it should be in the game.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

For those of you unsure what force feedback can do apart from self-centering, from the test page of my T150

this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

TheSuBBie wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:19 am For those of you unsure what force feedback can do apart from self-centering, from the test page of my T150

https://image.giants-software.com/1/qaVLKwFT.jpg
None of which I would want to experience personally - they're effects to show what a wheel can do, but they certainly wouldn't add to the enjoyability of the game - more wind up the rest of your household. I had the same on my wheels over the years and I can just imagine how bad they would feel in FS.

FFS on racing games is fine (and I used it for 15 years in racing sims), as it's usually refined and adds to the experience. Can you imagine if GIANTS attempted FFB and we had semi-realistic feelings driving over ruts and crashing into things? It would be dreadful!

I drove a Massey 135 years ago and while I enjoyed its simplicity I'd absolutely hate to have that experience in front of my PC. I'd probably enjoy FFB for about 20 minutes for the novelty in FS, but after that it would get annoying very quickly.

I've no issue with GIANTS adding it if it's something they can do without spending too long doing it, but something like approximate haptic feedback would be more likely than full force feedback - especially considering how few will play the game with FFB-enabled wheels.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:55 am
Riven326 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:31 am I'm curious if GIANTS will support the haptic feedback for the PS5 version.
I hope so, because I'm planning to get the PS5 though. *thumbsup*
Indeed. Microsoft has expressed interest in making it's own haptic feedback controller for Xbox and by extension, PC. So here's hoping... *thumbsup*
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Hoffa82 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:03 am I understand that it would be nice to "feel" the game through our steering wheels and all, but as I understand it, aren't the design of tractor steering setup as it is so that the driver DON'T feel anything from the wheels?

I mean, if your driving a large heavy tractor in a muddy field, you don't want to fight against the ground affecting your wheels.

It was a long time since I drove a vintage tractor, but I believe they also are setup to have the steering rack affected as little as possible from the ground through the wheels.

At least that is my understanding. I'm in no way an expert, so I'm happy to be corrected.
Yes you are correct you do feel very little, but there is still something there. I would say new stuff steers easier than a car which makes sense because they want to cut down on operator fatigue.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

With most of the force feedback wheels you are able to adjust the intensity of any effect in the settings.

The Xbox 1 controller already has haptic feedback there are four vibration motors one behind each trigger and in one each grip

Further info on haptic feedback (intelligent force feedback)

https://www.gamesradar.com/haptic-feedback-explained/
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Fordimus wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:13 pm Just wondering if Giants are considering force feedback for FS22 for wheels? And if not, can we make this a request for it?
Chaki did a AMA with r/farmingsimulator and said that Force Feedback is planned for FS22. Suprised no one mentioned it in the forums.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours