Geos

lawm

Geos

Post by lawm »

Anybody have a suggestion on a non cotton geo with minimal rain? I tried seasons with the Griffin geo......and once again using 9 day seasons i get a stretch where going by the calendar I'm under the gun doing hay with rain. Also prefer snow in winter. Probably too much to ask but maybe there is one I'm unaware of
Deadeye

Re: Geos

Post by Deadeye »

Come on now, that's cheating! Being "under the gun" is the whole point of seasons. :lol: :lol: :wink3:

To answer your question, I'm pretty sure there's a geo for most states in the US depending on what you want to simulate. I know I have one based on Bucks County, PA that I use on that map, and that might work for what you're looking for.

Another workaround might be to extend the season length an extra couple days. I use 12 days and find that it works a little better.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
lawm

Post by lawm »

Deadeye wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:27 pm Come on now, that's cheating! Being "under the gun" is the whole point of seasons. :lol: :lol: :wink3:

To answer your question, I'm pretty sure there's a geo for most states in the US depending on what you want to simulate. I know I have one based on Bucks County, PA that I use on that map, and that might work for what you're looking for.

Another workaround might be to extend the season length an extra couple days. I use 12 days and find that it works a little better.
I know I know lol. Yea I'll look at that one again. I was using 9 day seasons at 15x. I never know what to commit to when I see rain. I slow down time when I need to get something done. It's not the rain as much as not being able to predict when the grass will change to hay.

I was gonna extend to 12 once I had animals up and going. So bored right now. Maybe some logging needs done.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Both the Minnesota geos are pretty good especially the lowery one if ya like snow. I’m currently playing with the griffin geo and really like it, I also play 12 day seasons though. I think it does well replicating that hectic spring haying when the weather tends to be more volatile then in later summer it’s dry and warmer and easier to find a window. If I can cut or cut and Ted in the morning it’s usually only a day and a half and it’s ready to bale it the weather is nice
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

lawm wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:02 pm
Deadeye wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:27 pm Come on now, that's cheating! Being "under the gun" is the whole point of seasons. :lol: :lol: :wink3:

I know I know lol. Yea I'll look at that one again. I was using 9 day seasons at 15x. I never know what to commit to when I see rain. I slow down time when I need to get something done. It's not the rain as much as not being able to predict when the grass will change to hay.

I was gonna extend to 12 once I had animals up and going. So bored right now. Maybe some logging needs done.

Messing with the time is usually how I do it. It could be "cheating" I suppose, but sometimes, there's just nothing going on, and I don't particularly care for the forestry gameplay in FS19....It seems worse than in past games to me.

Anyway, a good indicator of if hay is going to turn into hay or not is to look in your hud. In the top right corner, somewhere near the day/time, is a symbol. If it's raining/has rained recently, it'll depict water dripping off a plant. If you're trying to make dry hay, you better plan on tedding, and have some drier weather in the forecast for a while. One thing that certainly could be improved with Seasons is that the weather could stand to be more predictable.

I personally find it more satisfying to just "go with the flow"....I've lost some hay before to freak rainstorms that popped in and stayed for 2 or 3 days.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
lawm

Post by lawm »

Deadeye wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:17 pm

Messing with the time is usually how I do it. It could be "cheating" I suppose, but sometimes, there's just nothing going on, and I don't particularly care for the forestry gameplay in FS19....It seems worse than in past games to me.

Anyway, a good indicator of if hay is going to turn into hay or not is to look in your hud. In the top right corner, somewhere near the day/time, is a symbol. If it's raining/has rained recently, it'll depict water dripping off a plant. If you're trying to make dry hay, you better plan on tedding, and have some drier weather in the forecast for a while. One thing that certainly could be improved with Seasons is that the weather could stand to be more predictable.

I personally find it more satisfying to just "go with the flow"....I've lost some hay before to freak rainstorms that popped in and stayed for 2 or 3 days.
[/quote]

I'll try the geo and heavy doses of go with the flow first year lol. Thanks for the help