Graphics performance in FS22

hrvacx

Re: Graphics performance in FS22

Post by hrvacx »

I have a pretty dated rig. I5 4670 16gb ram rx480 4gb vram running win 10. I have set everything to max except object distance that is at 150. Msaa off taa on. I play on 1080p monitor with resolution scalling on 100 percent. I disabled vsync running full windowed mode with disabled frame lock. Game runs pretty smooth however sometimes i get huge drops when looking at certain directions at certain season or part of the day. Specialy if the clouds are very dense and gray i get drops to 35-40. So performance is kinda inconsistent on my rig unfortunately. Im scare once i will be playing modded maps and with modded vehicle predominately that the game will drop to 20 frames....
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

Can anyone offer advice on DLAA vs. TAA, not sure what to use ?
Forty1Five

Post by Forty1Five »

hrvacx wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:16 am I have a pretty dated rig. I5 4670 16gb ram rx480 4gb vram running win 10. I have set everything to max except object distance that is at 150. Msaa off taa on. I play on 1080p monitor with resolution scalling on 100 percent. I disabled vsync running full windowed mode with disabled frame lock. Game runs pretty smooth however sometimes i get huge drops when looking at certain directions at certain season or part of the day. Specialy if the clouds are very dense and gray i get drops to 35-40. So performance is kinda inconsistent on my rig unfortunately. Im scare once i will be playing modded maps and with modded vehicle predominately that the game will drop to 20 frames....
Hi,

I am also getting the same issue. I have a similar rig to yours.
Ryzen 5 3600.
GTX 1650.
16GB RAM.
And it's installed on an NVME drive.

Yet, I am also getting the same issue. Especially after a few hours of gameplay and during Autumn and Winter times when the clouds are very dense. A lot of people are getting this issue.

From what I've heard, GIANTS are aware of the issue and a patch is being pushed out. Although, having no ETA on when it will come out I expect it before Christmas so it should be within a few weeks.

Edit: I have tested this and I have found that the clouds do cause a serious bottleneck in your FPS. Switching all of your shadows to medium and cloud quality to medium should fix this or at least increase your FPS by 10-20 FPS than it was before. As well as that, modded maps don't always require more power, I can state many maps that ran better for me in FS19 than the base game maps. You'll have to wait, remember, the game is still technically in the early stages and unstable performance and bugs are rife at this period. When the next few patches begin to roll out, most issues will be fixed and eliminated.
Last edited by Forty1Five on Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Richard Dower wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:52 pm Can anyone offer advice on DLAA vs. TAA, not sure what to use ?
DLAA is better and faster. Problem is game have issues with both due to bugs.

DLAA/DLSS gives nighttime ghosting. TAA gives stuttering.

In daytime DLAA/DLSS seems fine.
michelito

Post by michelito »

i7-8700K e GTX1060 6GB
at 1080p I have to play without antialiasing and with many medium settings, otherwise 40 fps or less
hrvacx

Post by hrvacx »

Forty1Five wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:29 pm
hrvacx wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:16 am I have a pretty dated rig. I5 4670 16gb ram rx480 4gb vram running win 10. I have set everything to max except object distance that is at 150. Msaa off taa on. I play on 1080p monitor with resolution scalling on 100 percent. I disabled vsync running full windowed mode with disabled frame lock. Game runs pretty smooth however sometimes i get huge drops when looking at certain directions at certain season or part of the day. Specialy if the clouds are very dense and gray i get drops to 35-40. So performance is kinda inconsistent on my rig unfortunately. Im scare once i will be playing modded maps and with modded vehicle predominately that the game will drop to 20 frames....
Hi,

Ryzen 5 3600.
GTX 1650.
16GB RAM.

Yet, I am also getting the same issue. Especially after a few hours of gameplay and during Autumn and Winter times when the clouds are very dense. A lot of people are getting this issue.

From what I've heard, GIANTS are aware of the issue and a patch is being pushed out. Although, having no ETA on when it will come out I expect it before Christmas so it should be within a few weeks.

Edit: I have tested this and I have found that the clouds do cause a serious bottleneck in your FPS. Switching all of your shadows to medium and cloud quality to medium should fix this or at least increase your FPS by 10-20 FPS than it was before. As well as that, modded maps don't always require more power, I can state many maps that ran better for me in FS19 than the base game maps. You'll have to wait, remember, the game is still technically in the early stages and unstable performance and bugs are rife at this period. When the next few patches begin to roll out, most issues will be fixed and eliminated.
Just tested it again clouds are definetly an issue when dense they drop my fps significantly. Can you point me in direction where you heard that giants are aware of this issue and planning to fix it in upcoming patch?
Forty1Five

Post by Forty1Five »

hrvacx wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:36 am
Forty1Five wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:29 pm
Hi,

Ryzen 5 3600.
GTX 1650.
16GB RAM.

Just tested it again clouds are definetly an issue when dense they drop my fps significantly. Can you point me in direction where you heard that giants are aware of this issue and planning to fix it in upcoming patch?
Hi,

Yes. The issue was announced and it's being fixed. I cannot seem to find the post I saw on this but I know this is true. I'd suggest switching cloud quality to low or medium since it doesn't have much of a visual difference at all.
GrandTickler

Post by GrandTickler »

game runs great on DX11 1080p 60hz/60fps on my gtx1060, having it set to high-very high, the switch over from dx12 to 11 however wasnt very smooth at all, it started out with some insane amount of stuttering, similar to running a game on emulator that needs a shader cache build before it becomes stable. to fix this i had to get every object and effect rendered on my screen at least once, only then did the framerate become stable. i also had to repeat this process in first person tractor mode. i assume its because mirrors dumping/loading different shaders. thankfully, just like with emulator shader caches (at least until they completely eliminated the shader stuttering issue by developing Async shader loading) this is all just a one time thing and stays stable after restarting the game

Nvidia's latest driver feature NIS makes the game appear like its running in 4k too, but that might just be a placebo effect, im still not entirely sure how the image scaling works. its sharpener feature that can be used in experimental geforce experience completely counters blur caused by TAA.

last note, colors seem pretty washed out by default, setting Dynamic Range in nvidia contol panel's Change Resolution section to FULL is recommended for this game.

i noticed the fps drops too on some occasions, it was when i was facing the traintrack near field 18-20 of Erlengrat, i tried looking if it was something beyond the traintrack but when rotating it really seemed to drop the most focusing on the track lol. then a couple days later it just fixed itself again.

1 more issue i noticed is SSAO reverts itself back from high to very high. i kinda wanted to turn it down a notch cause it can be heavy on a gtx1060 but i guess thats not happening. i also wouldnt know the correct number in my game.xml its set to <ssaoQuality>11</ssaoQuality>
hrvacx

Post by hrvacx »

I have submitted a ticket regarding clouds dropping framerate. Hope its getting fixed.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Just a reminder for anyone on nvidia hardware to force "prefer maximum performance" via program settings in the nvidia control panel. Some games (FS included) will run on lower 3D clocks than your GPU is capable of and will never ramp them up. This will cause you performance issues.
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

What I've found maybe will help some one who seen this. My specs:

i7 7700k, 1080ti, 32gb 3200mhz ram. Game on ssd. I use a 2560x1440 free sync monitor with G sync enabled. I lock frames with Rivia tuner at 120, just because I like 120.
All other games run butter smooth with minor graphic tweaks 70-120fps.

With FS22, I noticed it wasn't using my full gpu potential as game was running 20% gpu usage monitored in afterburner. I had to crank up the resolution to 140 in game, use dev mode to unlock frames.
When you play on PC, you need to monitor your gpu usage. I run 90-100% now and runs the best It can. If you come across a mod map with lots of trees and stuff, turn something down, but make sure your gpu usage is still up to 99%. Now if Giants can fix the "Have Mods Enabled, exiting crashes" bug, then I wouldn't need to run around the map for a year without mods.
ice013

Post by ice013 »

Hi everyone,

I am a tech/setting/graphic/computer etc, etc, etc boomer.
All these settings, I just dont know what they mean..
Is there anyone who could give me some advice?

My game started laggin heavily after loading the big pallet trailer with strawberries and can't fix it since.

My specs are:
3070 rtx
i7 10800 k (not too sure but somewhere around this)
16gb ram

and in task manager i adjust the priority allocation.

Would love some help <3
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I got my performance problems solved. I had problems with FPS spikes and FPS was unstable.

1. First problem seemed to be same like in FS19, shaders or something similar. Took a car, drive around the map around 15 minutes,
after this huge fps drops went away. Did not believe it could work, but after i wanted to explore the map then i found it work, tried on other maps also, worked there too.
2. After last friday Nvidia driver update there was an option to pick optimal graphics setting in geforce experince program, after
i applied these settings, now i have very good stable FPS. There was so many graphics settings i just could not find right
one for me. I can say these optimal settings are really good, they lack AA, but otherwise they are maxed out.
GPU usage stays around 70-80%.

After appying these two fixes i have now good stable FPS in game, it sometimes drops a little but game runs very smooth and even
buying lot of equipment and getting lot of field workers fps stays good. Basically got these annoying perfomance issues solved
on both main maps in FS22 *thumbsup*
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

How does one unlock their FPS? Is that done in game or on your video card? I have a Nvidia 1660ti
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:05 pm How does one unlock their FPS? Is that done in game or on your video card? I have a Nvidia 1660ti
Disable Vsync in game, enable developer console in the game.xml and press the F3 key to unlock FPS (F2 key to show FPS).

It's not officially supported by GIANTS, but I don't think I've seen any reported issues with any of the recent games. Personally I keep FPS locked just to keep my graphics card quiet and only unlock it when I'm testing graphics settings.