Graphics performance in FS22

Riven326

Re: Graphics performance in FS22

Post by Riven326 »

Anybody tried this one the Xbox One X? How well does it perform on the improved last-gen consoles?
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Just did like Bulletbill wrote, an now have stable 110-140 FPS at very high settings. Went from 50-60 FPS with some stuttering and motionblur
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
SnoopBok

Post by SnoopBok »

Riven326 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:35 pm Anybody tried this one the Xbox One X? How well does it perform on the improved last-gen consoles?
I'm playing on PC and PS5. I think it hits 60 FPS on 4K, graphics are looking way better than FS19.
Yesterday I started Erlengrat, it looks way better in FS22 than it did in FS19 :biggrin2:
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

Xbox series X isn’t great (well not as great as it should be)….it seems smooth at 60fps with an outside camera view, but inside in first person it struggles especially around built up farms/equipment/AI etc…seems to stutter with a definite frame rate drop.

Reported it as a bug today but giants have already come back saying the issue is solved as it couldn’t be reproduced….plenty of other console gamers are less than impressed across different most platforms.
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Simon738 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:16 pm Xbox series X isn’t great (well not as great as it should be)….it seems smooth at 60fps with an outside camera view, but inside in first person it struggles especially around built up farms/equipment/AI etc…seems to stutter with a definite frame rate drop.
Is it running multiple mirrors? If so, worth looking to see if there's an option to turn them off or the quality in them down...
SnoopBok

Post by SnoopBok »

Simon738 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:16 pm Xbox series X isn’t great (well not as great as it should be)….it seems smooth at 60fps with an outside camera view, but inside in first person it struggles especially around built up farms/equipment/AI etc…seems to stutter with a definite frame rate drop.

Reported it as a bug today but giants have already come back saying the issue is solved as it couldn’t be reproduced….plenty of other console gamers are less than impressed across different most platforms.
PS5 has the same in cab framerate drops.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Also with outside camera there is stutter and lag on Xbox. Turn around the camera and you will notice, also drive and pass some trees or buildings and you will see they are not passing by smootly.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

SnoopBok wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:20 pm

Same on my 12-core PC with an RTX 3070. Mainly cause I'm in a tractor with 4 mirrors. So it's rendering multiple times from different viewpoints.

If it bothers you that much, turn the mirrors down if the setting is available.
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

Maybe this will be the fix then….I did notice that whilst driving a telehandler in first person there were no stutters and it’d make sense as they only have a couple of mirrors if at all.

Don’t think there is the option on Xbox series X for disabling them.
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

That's insane given how powerful that console is.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

mackintosh wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:37 pm Doesn't disabling the frame lock cause physics issues? I remember this being a problem going all the way back to FS15, if not earlier.
The unlocked frame rate won't affect the game physics at all. I've run all Farm Sim versions like this for the past 5 years.
Lexie wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:32 pm Also with outside camera there is stutter and lag on Xbox. Turn around the camera and you will notice, also drive and pass some trees or buildings and you will see they are not passing by smootly.
It's worth remembering that in Fs22 it appears the shader files for the game are loaded each time you reload your savegame, and are no longer stored like previous FS versions. (Storing them could often lead to graphic glitches with shaders and you would need to clear your shader cache regularly.)

What I found was for the first few mins I would get occasional shader building stutters them it would slowly clear up.
However I did notice the longer my savegame has gone on the better those stutters have got.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

MagicBoy wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:24 pm
SnoopBok wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:20 pm

Same on my 12-core PC with an RTX 3070. Mainly cause I'm in a tractor with 4 mirrors. So it's rendering multiple times from different viewpoints.

If it bothers you that much, turn the mirrors down if the setting is available.
There was never setting for mirrors and I'm guessing never will be, and they are always poorly positioned.
Highsider

Post by Highsider »

Lots of cloud cover drops the fps on my Series X, hoping they will further optimise FS22 in patches....
hallfastrac1

Post by hallfastrac1 »

I am running a gtx 1660s very high settings 1440p running perfect 30 fps 60fps is not needed its a simulator game not Call of duty i have played fs since 2008 never had a problem with graphics.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:11 pm
It's worth remembering that in Fs22 it appears the shader files for the game are loaded each time you reload your savegame, and are no longer stored like previous FS versions. (Storing them could often lead to graphic glitches with shaders and you would need to clear your shader cache regularly.)

What I found was for the first few mins I would get occasional shader building stutters them it would slowly clear up.
However I did notice the longer my savegame has gone on the better those stutters have got.
Interesting, it looks like it's depending on the direction you look at. How more it's open, how less stutters to see, so the shader thing you explained makes sense in this case. However, how long should it take to load the shaders on one spot?

Just tested some more and find out that when you put the camera angle just a little higher, the stutter is gone. Looks like the nearby ground textures are causing the stutters.