FS22 - Trailer Fill Limit ?

Eische

Re: FS22 - Trailer Fill Limit ?

Post by Eische »

b101uk wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:44 am
Eische wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:08 am Not sure if they will implement it at some later stage, but every tractor has a maximum allowed weight in reality, too.
while that is true, that is normally the local road weight limit, which can change from country to country or region to region, and is not applicable away from public roads.

which would mean the same tractor would have different weight limits depending on the region, so what may apply in the US may differ from the EU, and my differ between Germany and the UK even though both are in the same region.

it gets doubly more difficult, as the tyres fitted also change the weight limit, as do other options, along with less obvious that may be region or country specific like a minimum kW/tonne or HP/Ton, or if the trailer is not equipped with 2-line failsafe air brakes but instead hydraulic brakes else single line air, then the tractor must form 25% of the GTW.

you then have the differences between gross weight and gross train weight.

in other words it can turn into a can of worms, when in reality people who want to play realistically can do that anyway just by knowing the weight of items and using appropriate size trailers and tractors etc
I was more talking about the max weight the manufacturer states in the datasheet. This is the technical weight capacity independent of road regulations and same for all countries across the world.
Exceeding this will break warranty and can lead to boken axles or other damages.

This means that you might not be able to fill certain 3 point hitch implements completely as you either exceed this max weight capacity or outmax the hydraulic lift capacity.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Eische wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:21 amI was more talking about the max weight the manufacturer states in the datasheet. This is the technical weight capacity independent of road regulations and same for all countries across the world.
Exceeding this will break warranty and can lead to boken axles or other damages.

This means that you might not be able to fill certain 3 point hitch implements completely as you either exceed this max weight capacity or outmax the hydraulic lift capacity.
But that's the problem, the maximum design weight limit found on the VIN plate (GVW, GTW and axle) pertains to on the road at highway speeds.

it is quite common for tractors to have rear 3pt lift capacity that make the whole tractor exceed the above, and the actual ultimate capacity of the tractor in an off-road situation is maximum ballasted weight + the sum total of front and rear 3pt lifting capacity with an imposed maximum speed far lower than highway speeds.

anything less that the above then the tractor would not be fit for purpose, given the transient loads when lifting ground engaging implements.

i.e. when you start looking at the date sheets of off-road maximums they seldom if ever are remotely close to that on the VIN plate, and they have maximum speeds attached for fieldwork at the specific weight, just as tyre do for off-road work at reduced pressure, that far exceed that shown on the sidewall of the tyre which pertain to maximum weight for a given pressure at highway speeds.

which is why it is a can of worms.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Eische

Post by Eische »

b101uk wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:23 pm
Eische wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:21 amI was more talking about the max weight the manufacturer states in the datasheet. This is the technical weight capacity independent of road regulations and same for all countries across the world.

But that's the problem, the maximum design weight limit found on the VIN plate (GVW, GTW and axle) pertains to on the road at highway speeds.

it is quite common for tractors to have rear 3pt lift capacity that make the whole tractor exceed the above, and the actual ultimate capacity of the tractor in an off-road situation is maximum ballasted weight + the sum total of front and rear 3pt lifting capacity with an imposed maximum speed far lower than highway speeds.

anything less that the above then the tractor would not be fit for purpose, given the transient loads when lifting ground engaging implements.

i.e. when you start looking at the date sheets of off-road maximums they seldom if ever are remotely close to that on the VIN plate, and they have maximum speeds attached for fieldwork at the specific weight, just as tyre do for off-road work at reduced pressure, that far exceed that shown on the sidewall of the tyre which pertain to maximum weight for a given pressure at highway speeds.

which is why it is a can of worms.
Hmm, might be true for certain manufacturers. In the operators manual for a JD 6R 250 it is clearly mentioned that:
- empty weight of tractor is around 9300kg
- max allowable weight is 15000kg
- even for heavy pulling operations only, tractor is not allowed to be weighted to more than the above limit
- even for total weight within limit, front/rear axle load should not exceed their limits

For me it sounds like the maximum weight limit is applicable both on and off road.

But yeah, you are right. This could end up in a huge mess if you want to stick to reality. But leaving out the detailed bits, it could be an additional gameplay element not being able to put a 3000L fertilizer spreader on a 80hp tractor.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
crash

Post by crash »

I see bales don't have the same volume or weight with different crops. Hay straw etc..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
briansommers

Post by briansommers »

So which is more realistic? On or Off?

I thought off. but I'm not sure.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Off is for certain things. Semi and tractor trailers, pretty much yes, but auger wagons no. Auger wagons are designed to carry their full capacity in the field, whereas the option sets a limit based on the auger wagon's ideal capacity for road transport. As very few if any farmers at all take a loaded grain cart down the road, it doesn't make sense. I've found it pretty close for a lot of the trailers in the "Trailers" category though
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

chedly_farms wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:13 pm I would love to see an option that you could overfill trailers and spill grain, for realism.
Or accidentally mix two crops!
Ignorance is bliss
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:43 am
chedly_farms wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:13 pm I would love to see an option that you could overfill trailers and spill grain, for realism.
Or accidentally mix two crops!
Nope! No! That’s worse than a believable slasher film.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----