FS22 - Trailer Fill Limit ?

Lactic68

FS22 - Trailer Fill Limit ?

Post by Lactic68 »

Hi,
I don't really understand what does this setting. It is written that trailers can only be filled until the max. allowed weight is reached.

Does it mean that total weight is more important that just only volume (like in FS19) ?

Let's take an example :
If a have a trailer that has a 10.000 liters capacity and 10.000 kg of max cargo weight, if the crop weight is 10.000 kg for just 8.000 liters, the loading will stop at 8.000 liters instead of 10.000 liters ?

b101uk

Re: FS22 - Trailer Fill Limit ?

Post by b101uk »

basically it will stop filling at the limit that is reach first, be that the weight limit or the capacity limit.

so a trailer that is made for light high volume goods, when you put grains in it, it will hit the weight limit before the volume limit.

on the other hand a trailer made for heavy goods with a low volume, when you put grains in it you will hit the volume limit before the weight limit.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
wrs

Post by wrs »

Oh, that's an interesting feature that I didn't know about. Much more realistic then.
Lactic68

Post by Lactic68 »

Thank you for your answer @b101uk. So FS22 will handle weight/density and volume specifically for each type of goods ? Do we have a reference sheet about this ?

Edit, it is confirmed by the gameplay :
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

no reference sheet, but from looking at the appropriate xml file

wheat is 0.78kg per 1L, so that would be 780kg per 1000L
barley 680kg per 1000L
oat 500kg per 1000L
canola 600kg per 1000L
sorghum 850kg per 1000L
sunflower 350kg per 1000L
soybean 700kg per 1000L
maize 800kg per 1000L
potato 750kg per 1000L
sugarbeet (inc chopped) 700kg per 1000L
grapes and olives 600kg per 1000L

everything else mostly falls below 300kg down to 60kg (lose straw) per 1000L

water/milk 1000kg per 1000L
diesel as per water, but should be ~830kg per 1000L
DEF too per 1000L
snow 300kg per 1000L
road salt 1200kg per 1000L
butter 900kg per 1000L

the above is far from exhaustive, but it coves the main things and should give you an idea.

see Farming Simulator 2022\data\maps\maps_fillTypes.xml and look at the massPerLiter="#.##" e.g. under wheat massPerLiter="0.78"
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Does anybody know what the weight means in the store? For a tractor, is it showing the weight it can tow, or is it the weight of the tractor. For a trailer, is it the max weight the trailer can hold, or the weight of the trailer when empty.

If it's showing the weight of the tractor, and not towing capacity, what do we do with that information?
PS4
crash

Post by crash »

I think, if you turn weight on, it shows two weight numbers in store?
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

crash wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:52 pm I think, if you turn weight on, it shows two weight numbers in store?
That would be good if that's the case. I'm not even sure if weight matters now as far as towing capacity, or if it's just added realism for filling trailers. If it's just for trailer capacity, I guess it doesn't much matter what the tractor weight means.

Either way, it's a step in the right direction.
PS4
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

FarmerDan72 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:28 pm Does anybody know what the weight means in the store? For a tractor, is it showing the weight it can tow, or is it the weight of the tractor. For a trailer, is it the max weight the trailer can hold, or the weight of the trailer when empty.

If it's showing the weight of the tractor, and not towing capacity, what do we do with that information?
I would guess they implemented it like real life. As an example my gmc pickup with a duramax has 450 horsepower my little challenger tractor has 130 I would be hard pressed to chisel plow with my pickup which weighs in about 10,000 less pounds. A less dramatic explanation is a tw Ford tractor a relative of mine owns maxes out pulling a certain piece of tillage equipment that I can pull without too much issue in the same conditions. I outweigh the tw by 1000ish pounds but he overpowers me by 30ish horse. There’s other factors at play but the point is all the horsepower in the world doesn’t mean a whole lot if you can’t put it to the ground. Thats my guess, mass has always been a thing but it looks like they’re going to show it now and make it a little more pronounced.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I would love to see an option that you could overfill trailers and spill grain, for realism.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

chedly_farms wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:13 pm I would love to see an option that you could overfill trailers and spill grain, for realism.
Same that’s what I thought this meant, cab grain right?
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
crash

Post by crash »

Well, you can fill a combine with a combine :lol:
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

MWAL explains it very well. A 30ton tractor with a 10 ton implement require a certain amount of HP just to move. When the implements in the ground a certain amount of addition drag is created which equals the HP listed to pull the implement. IRL an implement won't say it specifically needs 200hp to pull it, but rather an average depending on the type of ground you have. For example sandy soil is easier to work with than clay. If you've ever watched Millennial Farmer most of his farm is heavy soil and requires a lot of HP to pull tillage equipment through it, but his newest plot of land is much lighter and can be tilled when the rest of his farm is too wet.
As for trailers, on the farm we had grain trailers that were rated for 30 tons. Depending on the load the loaded weight was probably between 25-35 tons depending on the crop. Not that we did but if we loaded a trailer full of something heavy, say gravel, it would weigh a lot more and we'd probably end up breaking an axel or something. And even if somehow the trailer managed to handle to extra weight it would require a lot more hp to pull. If we specified 30 tons of gravel we'd have been fine, it might not fill the trailer like grain would, but it wouldn't damage the trailer.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Eische

Post by Eische »

Not sure if they will implement it at some later stage, but every tractor has a maximum allowed weight in reality, too.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Eische wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:08 am Not sure if they will implement it at some later stage, but every tractor has a maximum allowed weight in reality, too.
while that is true, that is normally the local road weight limit, which can change from country to country or region to region, and is not applicable away from public roads.

which would mean the same tractor would have different weight limits depending on the region, so what may apply in the US may differ from the EU, and my differ between Germany and the UK even though both are in the same region.

it gets doubly more difficult, as the tyres fitted also change the weight limit, as do other options, along with less obvious that may be region or country specific like a minimum kW/tonne or HP/Ton, or if the trailer is not equipped with 2-line failsafe air brakes but instead hydraulic brakes else single line air, then the tractor must form 25% of the GTW.

you then have the differences between gross weight and gross train weight.

in other words it can turn into a can of worms, when in reality people who want to play realistically can do that anyway just by knowing the weight of items and using appropriate size trailers and tractors etc