Disable camera collisions in FS 22

chedly_farms

Re: Disable camera collisions in FS 22

Post by chedly_farms »

norfolk farmer wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:23 am
chedly_farms wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:14 pm Disable camera should be base game
Have you bit the bullet and ordered 22 as if I remember correctly you were on the fence as wether or not you were going to?
I’m on vacation. When I get home, I’ll download it to my Xbox.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:46 pm I don't even remember playing fs without it ha. I just want it ha.
It is not on the modhub but one is available now seems to work ok.
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

It should be default ingame as on or off. Landscaping with collision is so awful
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

If your on PC, you can easily use the FS19 disable camera collisions mod.
I did the following and it works fine.
Open the mod zip file with the compression software of your choice,
Edit the Modesc file and change the version from 43 to 61 Save it.
Put the mod in your mods folder. (rename it if you wish)
In the Gamesettings.xml file in you documents folder, find the line that says <cameraCheckCollision>true</cameraCheckCollision> and change it to be <cameraCheckCollision>false</cameraCheckCollision>

That worked for me and the mod seems to run fine. I have had 20 hours use out of it so far and it has not caused any issues.
As always, back up your files and take care when changing files etc etc.
I prefered to use the FS19 mod, as it was done by Giants.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

farmer_bell wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:28 pm
And that for me is the biggest frustration if they don't want for whatever reason to put it in the game then make it a day one mod :confusednew:
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

norfolk farmer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:47 pm
farmer_bell wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:28 pm
And that for me is the biggest frustration if they don't want for whatever reason to put it in the game then make it a day one mod :confusednew:
I agree. It should have been a day one mod. Maybe it will still come, Giants hopefully are busy fixing bugs, so I can live with my workaround for the moment. I did think that just by setting the gamesetting xml to false, it would act as a collision free camera, but it seem you need to mod as well, even thought the mod is nothing more than a modesc file.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

There is one out there for Fs22 it's not perfect but it works well enough until the official version comes out 👍
farmer_fred

Post by farmer_fred »

was easily one of the best features in 17 and 19, so why is it not here,
and why does it need to be a mod, why can't it be a toggle in games options?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Azfoor wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:22 pm There is one out there for Fs22 it's not perfect but it works well enough until the official version comes out 👍
I'm using that one but the Giants one should have been the first mod they released, I can only think that it is being held back because of the issues the game has with script mods currently.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I heard that Giants has not released it because they have not found a way to implement and script it correctly to fit how they want it to work.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Apart from the issue when exiting the game which appears to be with all script mods I have had no issues and it is working well for me. So if that is the problem they are having then that does not bode well going forward with script mods. If it is not then I can't see why the way this one works could not be implemented unless it's a console thing. It is still beyond me how this was not built into the game as they must realise people want it or they would not have made the mod previously.
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

I wonder if the lack of the disable camera mod has anything to do with the Occlusion Culling that is now in the game.
Ive noticed that sometimes, if the camera view is blocked by a building, but the player can still see though the building, then all the items are gone.
Its a fairly rare thing to happen, but perhaps this is the reason Giants have not implemented it.
For example, if you use one of the default Easy sheds and park some equipment in the shed, then move the camera so you are half in and out of the back wall, you can make everything in the shed disappear.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

The one I use is one created by Heady [PLANET-LS.de] way back when (2010) and seems to work faultlessly with no major errors in the log (only raw.png and no mipmaps on store icon).

All I have done is change the modDesc version to <modDesc descVersion="62"> and title to FS22_noCollisionCamera

link

https://planet-ls.de/board/index.php?th ... era-v15-0/
estyx

Post by estyx »

Fun fact:

Disabling camera collision when you are driving vehicles are actually in the game.
The GUI option is hidden and is only displayed if you have a mod with the name 'FS22_disableVehicleCameraCollision'.
It doesn't have to contain anything else than a valid modDesc.xml. As long as it has the correct name and loads up in game you are all set!

:lol: :lol:
howey

Post by howey »

I'm suprised this thread hasn't been going through pages at this stage since how many people have been asking for this from the get go. Surely giants have come up with a plan now to disable camera collisions.

Only reason I revived this topic is because the current 3 maps I'm on I want to build production plants and vineyards near the borders and I can't without losing a fare amount of space in between the border and where it will allow me in build mode.