Giants Software Download Portal - FS 22 download

Farming Dave

Re: Giants Software Download Portal - FS 22 download

Post by Farming Dave »

Mine has been going for about 5 hours so far and still shows about another 12 to go lol
jerryvd3

Post by jerryvd3 »

My download is super slow. I got a "spike" in speed earlier, hit 253KB/s for a couple seconds. so far an average of 125-133 KB/s. Giants should have been better prepared.
KMB4433

Post by KMB4433 »

This is the most asinine thing I have seen in a while. Are we back in 1994 download speeds? WTF this is 2021. I'm literally downloading at 200-300 KB/sec
red_viking

Post by red_viking »

i Have never per ordered a game before let alone on pc im in the uk so release time was 23:00 its now 23:37 and i have no idea where the game is or how to start it up im lost
VistaVick

Post by VistaVick »

It's disappointing since by the time it's down downloading (in the middle of the night) it will probably be on steam. I kind of hate having to use tons of different launchers to download and play games but it seems pretty old school to have one download link and to install addons through individual exes. Mirrors are desperately needed for an internationally played game.
dochockin

Post by dochockin »

red_viking wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:37 am i Have never per ordered a game before let alone on pc im in the uk so release time was 23:00 its now 23:37 and i have no idea where the game is or how to start it up im lost
Did you follow the email link and download the game?
NefariusMonk

Post by NefariusMonk »

KMB4433 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:31 am This is the most asinine thing I have seen in a while. Are we back in 1994 download speeds? WTF this is 2021. I'm literally downloading at 200-300 KB/sec
I would be excited about those numbers. I've been at 120KB for 5 and 1/2 hours now and am at 18%. This will finish many hours after my cancelled Steam purchase would have installed and been playable. I switched because NON-Steam release times published showed Steam lagging by 8 hours, but at least Steam has mastered the game delivery business. Giants failed miserably in that endeavor.
Farming Dave

Post by Farming Dave »

Finally finished just now... Hopefully I don't have the install issues others have had.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

If the game offers an update in the game launcher, don't hit it yet as there is nothing to update. I hit the update button and then the game failed to load and I had to re-install it.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
wafflehatjoe

Post by wafflehatjoe »

NefariusMonk wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:33 pm I am really unhappy with this. I so should have stuck with Steam. I actually cancelled my Steam pre-order because it was going to lag about 8ish hours behind the non-steam release according to their schedule, but at my current download rate (120 KBs) I would have had it faster on Steam. And on top of the slow speed, I'm on attempt number 2 since my first download died after 3 hours and would not resume. *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*

Definitely not being offered any emoji options that properly reflect my currently state of mind...
Im with you on this, this has been the absolute WORST digital game buying experience i have ever had,and never will i again might still refund it just so i can get it on steam. wont be a total hassle to download and install . I have dealt with slow downloads before, frustrating as all hell yes. my average speed was 52 kb/s for along time. speeds seem to have gone up now get an average of 2.6mb/s now, but now i have to baby sit this thing because every 0.4 - 1GB downloaded, it fails and have to retry the download, So far I have been lucky and it picks off right where it stopped, but will the luck run out? currently at 5.6GB/12GB... if i manage to get to 12GB How corrupt is the download gonna be when i've had to "Retry" it 700 times. Should have waited for steam, Maybe would have been slow but atleast steam doesnt fail to download. i know that any DLC that comes out is gonna have to be mighty special for me to buy if i don't refund and buy on steam cause ya download straight through giants *censored* so bad *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*
zanderson3289

Post by zanderson3289 »

At least you all have been able to download it. When i click the download button I get the "site cant be reached" page and says "cdn66.giants-software.com unexpectedly closed the connection". I've got high speed internet and can get on other websites. Definitely not happy with this experience. :(
FarmerDave73

Post by FarmerDave73 »

I just get a timeout when I click the download link "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" when it finally downloaded it said 17hrs...
marc1891

Post by marc1891 »

same issue....connection error....i think the server is down.....unbeliaveble
FarmerDave73

Post by FarmerDave73 »

marc1891 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:10 pm same issue....connection error....i think the server is down.....unbeliaveble
Currently have a DVD-ROM drive hanging out the side of my non-dvdrom pc case installing it from the dvd...if I have to have the dvd in the drive to play it I will be pi** off and sending it back to Game.com and ordering the standard cheap version off steam!
UltraZippy

Post by UltraZippy »

Just a quick tip for anyone using PSN, if you set your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (the google DNS) you will get much faster downloads as the PSN ones are terrible.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns?hl=de