Giants Software Download Portal - FS 22 download

VisionQuest505

Giants Software Download Portal - FS 22 download

Post by VisionQuest505 »

I'm currently downloading Farm Simulator 22 through the Giants Software Download portal and it has been fluctuating between 30 and 40 KB/s for about 2 hours now and is showing a download completion time of 3 days.

I have a high speed internet connection of up to 150 MB/s download speed. I know there aren't any issues with my computer or internet on my end. Is it expected that the FS 22 download on Giants Download portal should be this slow or is it maybe a technical issue on their end?

Thank you for any help or answers you might be able to provide.
norfolk farmer

Re: Giants Software Download Portal - FS 22 download

Post by norfolk farmer »

Not sure why yours is going so slowly my internet download speed is not the best but mine is saying 3 hrs which is what I would normally expect.
roggek

Post by roggek »

The downloads are throttled.
The reason is probably to allow so many downloads as possible for FS22?
My download of FS22 took 4 hours, despite that i have a fast internet 100 Mb/s.
Normally a 12 GB download takes around 15 minutes, not 4 hours...
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

roggek wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:09 am The downloads are throttled.
The reason is probably to allow so many downloads as possible for FS22?
My download of FS22 took 4 hours, despite that i have a fast internet 100 Mb/s.
Normally a 12 GB download takes around 15 minutes, not 4 hours...
Alright show off for some of us 4 hours is fast 🤣
But yikes 3 days maybe left it too late now everyone is trying to download it giants servers are melting all 6 of them 😋
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Lucky My disc is in mail coming. I hate to buy download games just for that reason.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

roggek wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:09 am Normally a 12 GB download takes around 15 minutes, not 4 hours...
Yeah, if I remember correctly there was an update for Farming Simulator 19 on my old PS4 which took around 12 minutes, it was 12 GB. But when I downloaded it on the PS5 for Farming Simulator 19, it took ages to download the update file, it was like literally 3-4 Hours on a 12-15GB file.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
wrs

Post by wrs »

Mine yesterday with the 4 bonus tractors took 1hr and 25minutes. So not bad really.
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

Had the same thing when I downloaded FS22 from the website on Friday.
Have 500MB/s internet and was only downloading with 1,5MB's - 3,5MB's. Took me about an hour or so to download it all, including all the pre-order stuff.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Just downloaded the game and the pre-order stuff - took about 20 minutes, so no hassle :coolnew:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
VisionQuest505

Post by VisionQuest505 »

Thanks for all the answers everyone. For some reason, into the 3rd hour of downloading, it seemed to speed up nicely and was finished soon thereafter.
SpartanGG

Post by SpartanGG »

I was having the same issue. I weirdly remembered an ad on youtube from PewDiePie about the OperaGX browser and decided what the hay might as well see if that speeds it up. Downloaded it and now I went from 8 hours to 30 minutes. Give it a go and see if it works.
NefariusMonk

Post by NefariusMonk »

I am really unhappy with this. I so should have stuck with Steam. I actually cancelled my Steam pre-order because it was going to lag about 8ish hours behind the non-steam release according to their schedule, but at my current download rate (120 KBs) I would have had it faster on Steam. And on top of the slow speed, I'm on attempt number 2 since my first download died after 3 hours and would not resume. *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*

Definitely not being offered any emoji options that properly reflect my currently state of mind...
dochockin

Post by dochockin »

NefariusMonk wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:33 pm I am really unhappy with this. I so should have stuck with Steam. I actually cancelled my Steam pre-order because it was going to lag about 8ish hours behind the non-steam release according to their schedule, but at my current download rate (120 KBs) I would have had it faster on Steam. And on top of the slow speed, I'm on attempt number 2 since my first download died after 3 hours and would not resume. *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*

Definitely not being offered any emoji options that properly reflect my currently state of mind...
I'm in the same boat here. I have some time today to play and won't have much time for the next couple of days, so I returned my Steam copy and bought direct from Giants (I only found out about the differing unlock times this morning). But ya, now I'm staring at Y2K download speeds... Pretty sad Giants couldn't hook up better server service for the big release... :(
NDDan

Post by NDDan »

I thought the same thing when I started my download late last night. It said it would take two days. But I was up early this morning, and it was done. I'm not sure if it was one hour or six hours, but it wasn't more than six.
There’s no place like utopia.
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

It might just be that the download portal is being overloaded. I downloaded the pre release stuff from Playstation Network about 2 hours ago and it took 5 minutes. I have download speed of 200mbs.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.