Sounds are very quiet.

Stone75

Re: Sounds are very quiet.

Post by Stone75 »

bojanh66 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:09 pm Then you did something wrong, i am 100% sure, because i tested this few times and difference is pretty noticeable.
Double check everything again.
Works for me and what a difference. Big thanks for posting this up *thumbsup*
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Stone75 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:59 am
bojanh66 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:09 pm Then you did something wrong, i am 100% sure, because i tested this few times and difference is pretty noticeable.
Works for me and what a difference. Big thanks for posting this up *thumbsup*
Does this only increase engine sounds or all sounds that a vehicle makes? I want to hear all juicy clanks and blunt, hydraulic noises too it needs to be louder!
Devric

Post by Devric »

Yeah, very quiet. Not just certain types of sound but everything is very low.
Bogi

Post by Bogi »

Hey there,

I made a quick and dirty powershell script to modify all volume values in the soundTemplates.xml file.

Warning: Only use this if you know how it works and what it does. I'm not responsible for any issues you have after running this script.
Always make a backup before editing anything!

Open "Powershell ISE" as admin (enable "View" -> "Show Script Pane" if not visible), paste the following script, change the path and increaseby value accordingly and execute the script ("Play" icon)

Code: Select all

$file = "D:\Games\Farming Simulator 2022\data\sounds\soundTemplates.xml"
$increaseby = 2

if(-not (Test-Path "$file.bak")) {
    Copy-Item $file "$file.bak"
}

[xml]$template = Get-Content $file

$template | Select-Xml -XPath '//volume' | ForEach-Object {
    $_.node.indoor = ([decimal]($_.node.indoor)+$increaseby).ToString().Replace(",",".")
    $_.node.outdoor = ([decimal]($_.node.outdoor)+$increaseby).ToString().Replace(",",".")
}

$template.Save($file)
I did not test this extensively, but it should only be a workaround anyway until Giants provides a patch or someone goes through every value and provides a balanced file.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Bogi wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:29 pm Hey there,

I made a quick and dirty powershell script to modify all volume values in the soundTemplates.xml file.

Warning: Only use this if you know how it works and what it does. I'm not responsible for any issues you have after running this script.
Always make a backup before editing anything!

Open "Powershell ISE" as admin (enable "View" -> "Show Script Pane" if not visible), paste the following script, change the path and increaseby value accordingly and execute the script ("Play" icon)

Code: Select all

$file = "D:\Games\Farming Simulator 2022\data\sounds\soundTemplates.xml"
$increaseby = 2

if(-not (Test-Path "$file.bak")) {
    Copy-Item $file "$file.bak"
}

[xml]$template = Get-Content $file

$template | Select-Xml -XPath '//volume' | ForEach-Object {
    $_.node.indoor = ([decimal]($_.node.indoor)+$increaseby).ToString().Replace(",",".")
    $_.node.outdoor = ([decimal]($_.node.outdoor)+$increaseby).ToString().Replace(",",".")
}

$template.Save($file)
I did not test this extensively, but it should only be a workaround anyway until Giants provides a patch or someone goes through every value and provides a balanced file.
Thx man. I dont think they will patch this though. I think they probably think this is how it should be or something that this is not a bug but made like that on purpose. I hope im wrong
Bogi

Post by Bogi »

njuska11 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:56 pm Thx man. I dont think they will patch this though. I think they probably think this is how it should be or something that this is not a bug but made like that on purpose. I hope im wrong
Might be, I created a bug report anyway. I hope they do patch this, as I suspect my script will cause some sounds to be too loud/quiet in relation to others.
Patching might be an issue, because people will get deaf after the patch if they adjust their volume now ;)
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Indeed I did... found / fixed it :)

Thanks, works fine now.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

njuska11 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:56 pm Thx man. I dont think they will patch this though. I think they probably think this is how it should be or something that this is not a bug but made like that on purpose. I hope im wrong
As long as nobody reports it to them they would not be aware that others think it is wrong and is not a bug. And without a bug report there will most likely never be any feedback on this from GIANTS.

The more people report an issue the better the chances that something will be changed.

Therefore it is important to report such issues in their bug tracker as I've mentioned before.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Reaper63937

Post by Reaper63937 »

I have same problem on steam version, sounds are really quiet i can barely hear machines from close distance. All sounds are maxed up for 100%. Changing lines in .txt files didn't give anything, file consistency didn't give anything. I already reported that issue. Someone have any solution?
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Reaper63937 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:01 pm I have same problem on steam version, sounds are really quiet i can barely hear machines from close distance. All sounds are maxed up for 100%. Changing lines in .txt files didn't give anything, file consistency didn't give anything. I already reported that issue. Someone have any solution?
I use steam and the file edit worked for me, so much so that I had to re edit the file to make things quieter!
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

I'd agree, general volume levels appear way too low. I've had to double the volume output to get a normal level.

Don't want to detract from the audio in FS22 being a quantum leap over FS19. I love the audio, it's just way quieter compared to FS19 or anything else coming out of the same PC.
FarmerRody80

Post by FarmerRody80 »

Hey guys! I have the same problem here, I made the modifications in the SoundTemplate.xml described by Bojanh66 and there was no difference in the sounds. I have a Steam version of the game, I have Realtek High Definition Audio V.6.01.7200 drivers running on Windows 11 OS and I turn the volume up by 42% on my system and fully my speakers to hear the game sound. I haven't tested Bogi's script.
Uncle_Orion

Post by Uncle_Orion »

Editing the sound file is working, but i have edit this each time i start the game, the game automatic updates the editted file to the standart file. But it works.
hrvacx

Post by hrvacx »

I posted this in bug tracker. If ppl that think sounds are to quiet do that also it might get changed. We need those awesome sounds louder.
coolfarmer

Post by coolfarmer »

don_apple wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:20 am To get this changed on all platforms it would be best to report it directly to GIANTS: https://feedback.giants-software.com/login_page.php (if you don't have an account you can create one at https://feedback.giants-software.com/signup_page.php)
I don't think they want to change it... you know ... Giants lol.
I made a beautiful report to explain the problem, and they closed it with the mention "no change required".

:hmm: