FS22 - Things that need changing.

Shintai

Re: FS22 - Things that need changing.

Post by Shintai »

I can add a few if we look past the direct bugs.

Redesigned maps. The current maps will never work with the AI. Plus they are mediocore at best. Not to mention all the issues like cant remove buildings.
Visual difference on growth stages and weed, or simply worked textures. For example you can no see the difference between oats on growth 1 stage with or without weeds. You drive blindly around with the weeder.
Add missing crop options in the crop calendar.
Crop rotation.
Some kind of bucket level with stones on fields instead of static add.
Missing content from seasons. Weather to affect crops, when to harvest etc.
tecto

Post by tecto »

After using a stone picker field state is changing to cultivated. I think this should be changed to not change the previous field state and just leave it as it was.
tecto

Post by tecto »

The other thing - I like stones on field but I think there is too many stones on one field.
Please change this or maybe add some option to switch between different amount of stones.
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

FeldwebelNL wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:51 pm My two cents after playing a few days.

- Reduce the cost of an AI helper. Had to pay 1500 for an hour work of spraying and spreading. Heck, many people don't earn this money in a month!
- Connection hoses on the Quicke and Hauer frontloaders, just as the Claas and JD forntloaders.
- A decent PTO connection between the Capello headers and the Ideal combine.
- Crop rotation.
- Precisision Farming
- decent medium or small maps.
!!! Wopster's hose system. !!!
!!! Courseplay or a decent GPS tool. !!!
!!! Follow me !!!

Game is simply not fun without these last three. Going to stop playing until these changes arrive.
Re: helpers - did you have them buying product and fuel? Because that will eat through $$$ super quick.
tecto

Post by tecto »

My new super shiny combine after harvesting one (!) field looks like sh*t.
Please increase the wear time of machines or add an option to adjust that.
Markwatney1985

Post by Markwatney1985 »

Seedy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:58 pm
Also, beacons on xbox, did I miss something? The stupid AI turns them on, but I cannot turn them off. :(
Hi

Rb plus up on the d pad for beacons
Rb plus left d pad for left indicator
Rb plus right d pad for right indictator
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Im always just so damn broke in this game lol. Buildings are so expensive and so are AI helpers. I finally rented a silage chopper and now I made so much (more, still not enough to even buy the stupid farmhouse) money off of one field of silage it makes no sense to do anything else in this game.
FeldwebelNL

Post by FeldwebelNL »

AndOnTheDrums wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:08 pm Re: helpers - did you have them buying product and fuel? Because that will eat through $$$ super quick.
Nope. Both are switched of.
BicentennialMan

Post by BicentennialMan »

anyone havin problem with AI that it keep tryin to ram you off the road
hjvg

Post by hjvg »

BicentennialMan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:47 pm anyone havin problem with AI that it keep tryin to ram you off the road
yup looks like the cars are evenstronger then in other version have been flying already a few times
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Beacon options on vehicles. I mean, here they released a limited edition with a beacon that works when you use it ingame, and a lot of the equiptemnt can't be equipt with one??
Seriously?
(And, this is actually my biggest issue at the moment, so i'd say it's a decent launch)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

I think a lot of these tractors should have a US/EU variant selection.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Markwatney1985 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:57 pm
Seedy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:58 pm
Also, beacons on xbox, did I miss something? The stupid AI turns them on, but I cannot turn them off. :(
Hi

Rb plus up on the d pad for beacons
Rb plus left d pad for left indicator
Rb plus right d pad for right indictator
Is there someplace in, or out, of game that actually tells you what [all of] the controls are?
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

BicentennialMan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:47 pm anyone havin problem with AI that it keep tryin to ram you off the road
Yes they definitely don't slow down when they come up behind you. Full speed right on through
XBOX/ FS22
just a T114

Post by just a T114 »

My views so far on what needs changing:

#1 Landscaping tools.
Seriously, this new landscaping menu is a far cry from the amazing one we had back in FS19. It’s very simplified, controls are all over the place, and compared to 19, it is horribly optimized for anything other than a Mouse/Keyboard setup. It’s lost the intensity setting, something that made 19’s very easy to use, and the building rotation is absolutely maddening.

#2 Lights/Hazards
So far, all of my experiences with the in game lights on vehicles have been underwhelming. From issues with shadows, beacons not syncing with the rotation, etc. My biggest gripe is with the addition of realistic beacons to consoles. They obviously were able to implement that, however four-way flashers are still not available on consoles (unless on PlayStation with a mouse/gamepad). There are still plenty of keybinds you could use to implement them, and yet nothing.

#3 Control Mapping
Many games nowadays offer ways to remap controls to suit a person’s gaming style. Farming Simulator is currently the only major title that I know of that does not offer this feature. Especially with the addition of manual/power shift transmissions, being able to have remapped controls to similar ones I use on racing games would’ve been absolutely great. Yet, nothing.

These are honestly my major gripes with the game, coming from someone who’s been around in the console scene since the first FS title came to the Xbox 360. I could go on about equipment, the AI, etc. yet I’m not to beat a dead horse.