FS22 - Things that need changing.

tonymif

Re: FS22 - Things that need changing.

Post by tonymif »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:59 am Okay another Interface/Key Binding issue I've found as one of those strange PC Players that plays with either a Controller or a Wheel only and never uses the keyboard. In Vehicles with gearbox, you can not zoom the camera in and out in 3rd Person View whilst driving, because the D-Pad Up & Down buttons change the vehicles gear whilst you are moving, so every time you want to adjust the camera position, you must come to a complete stop, release the accelerator button and then use the D-Pad to adjust your view. Now the other weird element of this is if you decide to set the whole changing of gears thing back to Automatic in the game settings and don't want to deal with changing gears or ranges manually, weirdly when you still operate a vehicle that does have the option for the manual gearing, again when trying to adjust the camera position whilst in motion, still causes the gears to change instead, which then causes the problem as the game tries to fight back now back it wants to handle the gears automatically. So yeah weirdly with the Gear option set to Auto in the settings tractors with a manual gearbox will still allow the player to change gear, instead of doing what the player wants which is get back easy and simple camera control.
I have this same issue. Can't find a work around. I can zoom out of some tractors, but not zoom in.
just a T114

Post by just a T114 »

Here’s my take on what I think needs changing:

#1 Landscaping controls/inputs
FS19’s landscaping tool was absolutely fantastic. No matter what platform you had, it was the same both ways, and you were able to easily and precisely edit your surroundings. However, this one feels extremely dumbed-down, honestly kinda forgotten compared to the last. Half of the really nice features are gone, the “intensity” setting is gone (which was a major part of why 19’s was so good), and the gap between PC and Console users has never been this big. It’s practically useless to people on console as it currently sits, and the lack of the camera collision mod doesn’t help that matter at all.

#2 Lights/4-way flashers
Having realistic beacon lights on consoles is definitely a nice addition, however the repeated lack of 4-ways is still honestly really annoying. If they were able to implement the realistic beacons, I can’t see why they can’t add 4-ways, especially since there’s still several keybinds that would work for it. Also, shadows cast by vehicle lights have been fairly lackluster and glitchy.

#3 Control Mapping
This has been made extremely prevalent with the addition of manual and poweshift transmissions. The base game controls are extremely finicky, and clash with several controls, especially on consoles. FS has been the only modern game series on this scale to omit any form of control mapping, even though it would be a very welcome addition to everyone, especially with the aforementioned transmissions.

That’s my hot take. I’ve been playing the FS series since it made its initial jump to console on the 360/PS3. I’m honestly kinda sad in how these aspects were glazed over for features honestly best left for modders to create and improve.
gotoone68

Post by gotoone68 »

For me I can't stand seasons or the months...I don't like it at all. I pray we are given the ability to have none of the seasons or months.. really lowers the game for me and i'm debating going back to fs19
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

The base game needs a placeable sleep trigger.
M2_Farmer

Post by M2_Farmer »

The possibility when seasons is turned off that you can change the the speed of crop growth. Like in fs19 with normal, slow and fast
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Posted in wrong thread.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Core things that I think need some work:
  • Helper cost needs to be reverted to the FS19 model. This means FS22 needs to have the cost reduced by 2.5x on normal. If I knew where to edit this, I would have done it already.
  • Equipment only contracts (plowing, cultivating, etc.) needs to be increased in payout by 2x
  • Oil products need to payout 20-25% above the cost of the ingredients put into them. Sunflowers currently pays out the same or less than if the sunflowers were sold prior to processing.
  • Soybeans and corn need to be added to oil products
  • Corn needs to be added to the grain mill
  • Grape and olive trees need to have their cost reduced by 3-4x OR the value of the crop needs to go up by 3-4x. As of right now, it takes 8 harvests to just pay off the trees/vines, not counting equipment. This is absurd and while not as bad as generation equipment, there is no reason to work these crops.
  • Generators need to having their payback reduced from 24 years to in the 5 year neighborhood. They either need their payout increased or price reduced by a factor of 4. Also fix the payout description to make it make more sense. $ per hour is completely wrong. At $33 per hour, even assuming half of the time of no production, is $1344 per month, which is about 3x what actually is paid out.
Most of my other issues will either be addressed with mods, fixed with xml edits or are outstanding bugs.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Would be nice if those smaller silo extensions could be used as silos. I have four small fields. I don't need a silo that holds 1 million liters. Just a 50,000 or so would do.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:23 am The base game needs a placeable sleep trigger.
Well we have a MOD to do it now, but that does mean the game crashes every time you leave a map, but that must be OK because it's on the official MODHUB.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Case-man

Post by Case-man »

With regards to the Grapevines. If field 38 in HB is roughly 3 acres (1.2 Ha) it would cost roughly $80000-100000 to plant vines there (just a quick google on the price and I am sure prices vary).

Not sure what the price would be in game for the entire field.
Crownshine1985

Re: FS22 - bugs gallore

Post by Crownshine1985 »

My workers will not deliver anything at all sometimes they wont even work a field. When i set a task for a work my screen freezes up almost everytime. This is on ps4. Some of the pallets get stuck to the ground. When i load green house pallest onto a trailer the game gets very glitchy to where it takes me 10 min real time to deliver them to a store. This is a brand new game yall have had how many years to make this game and it still has glitches lol. Is this not things you check and fix before you put it out for sale. I mean i would have nvr put this game out like this its crazy! I think we all need a freaking discount on this game and send us our money.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Commodity price fluctuation charts. These would be improved with a vertical scale (price).
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

mackintosh wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:55 am I'll tell you one thing - the "new" AI should have been held back. The amount of time I've spent resetting my tractors getting stuck on literally every bridge they come across has soured me on this feature indefinitely. And don't get me started on harvesters pulling their own headers. These just keep going in circles until they run into a pole or a tree. How did this ever get out of an internal alpha is beyond me.
Lucky you. I told an AI to take my Rubicon back to my farm while I finished planting a field. When I got home the Rubicon is stuck... Up a tree. :hmm:
farMN2020

Post by farMN2020 »

I find using my computer account name in multiplayer to be a poor decision. I'd rather choose an unrelated name to send across the internet.

I use the same character design every time as well, so I'd rather just set it up once and be done with it. If I didn't need to re-do it each time, I'd support creating seasonal presets to auto-switch my character's outfit as well.
Hugh Does Farming YT

Post by Hugh Does Farming YT »

I can’t believe they have made it so you can no longer pick egg pallets up!! I have a farm on mp which is dependant on that and there is not enough room to get a machine in there…