FS22 - Things that need changing.

cwattyeso

Re: FS22 - Things that need changing.

Post by cwattyeso »

Okay another Interface/Key Binding issue I've found as one of those strange PC Players that plays with either a Controller or a Wheel only and never uses the keyboard. In Vehicles with gearbox, you can not zoom the camera in and out in 3rd Person View whilst driving, because the D-Pad Up & Down buttons change the vehicles gear whilst you are moving, so every time you want to adjust the camera position, you must come to a complete stop, release the accelerator button and then use the D-Pad to adjust your view. Now the other weird element of this is if you decide to set the whole changing of gears thing back to Automatic in the game settings and don't want to deal with changing gears or ranges manually, weirdly when you still operate a vehicle that does have the option for the manual gearing, again when trying to adjust the camera position whilst in motion, still causes the gears to change instead, which then causes the problem as the game tries to fight back now back it wants to handle the gears automatically. So yeah weirdly with the Gear option set to Auto in the settings tractors with a manual gearbox will still allow the player to change gear, instead of doing what the player wants which is get back easy and simple camera control.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

masterplan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:02 am Eeh besides "I wanna produce flour no matter what," what is the motivation that would make me produce flour instead of just selling wheat? :confusednew:
I think (haven't made it this far yet) the flower will only be a minimal gain, the bread looks to be quite a bit better. I think if you owned the bakery and mill you would gain your (96 +50k) back faster.
Ill definitely have to collect more data but I think the benefit of productions is to slightly increase per factory so that you eventually have a large monthly amount coming in from all of your crops put together. Another benefit is to have a steady revenue all year round instead of a lot all one time of the year.
Right now I'm trying the oil mill and 2 large greenhouses and it seems fine so far, but definitely going to take the full year to go through all the crops. Here seems to be the formula:
OG Crop --> volume cut in half -- price increased by:
Conola: 2.6
Sunflowers: 1.78

I'll need to break out excel and gather some more data to figure this out.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

roggek wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:00 am We need a "proper LS22 manual" which covers all the questions from people.
Like LS19 has.
Preferrably in PDF-fornmat
This 100%, there is no excuse not to provide the information to the players.

I'd even settle for an in game manual at a push but PDF would be best.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:59 am Okay another Interface/Key Binding issue I've found as one of those strange PC Players that plays with either a Controller or a Wheel only and never uses the keyboard. I
Glad I am not the only one that never uses a keyboard.
Adamvet

Post by Adamvet »

When you come closer to hay or straw on food it doesn't show what it is. That was in fs17, fs19 but not in fs22.
Second thing before Giants launch this game fs22 they announced that they improved placing objects like barn or other. Unfortunately 3 years waiting for fs22 and it is still issue with placing objects it means still ground around the barn or other objects is like mountains. Ridiculous that they can't fixed this issue for years.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

This was an issue on fs19, so I don't expect it to change, but when you turn off lime required, or periodic plowing, they still block being able to see fert state on the map. At least I could visually tell where I had fertilized most of the time on fs19, but fs22 I can only see it on bare dirt. :/
Also, beacons on xbox, did I miss something? The stupid AI turns them on, but I cannot turn them off. :(
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

A "fix" for the harvesting issue is to edit the contracts xml, the required crop amount is almost triple what you can get off of the field. First do the contract then go change the amount to what you got. Lame but when your farm assets are 95% the harvester you gotta get a return. Also contracts don't pay very well and farm buildings are so expensive. Please don't fix tho I was getting tired of getting rich so fast in fs19 and I can always switch to easy. Except please fix the hedge costs my goodness!
garyst

Post by garyst »

I am noticing another issue. I turned off Seasonal Growth before I started the new year/season and now all of the fields I don't own don't change their growth state anymore. I am in early May and all the fields I don't own haven't changed since.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

It seems very apparent to me having read multiple threads that 22 was not tested by anyone who actually likes the game before it's release. Of course a new game will have bugs but this seems beyond reasonable. I think it's going to be a case of shelving the game for a month or so until the bugs are fixed.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I'll tell you one thing - the "new" AI should have been held back. The amount of time I've spent resetting my tractors getting stuck on literally every bridge they come across has soured me on this feature indefinitely. And don't get me started on harvesters pulling their own headers. These just keep going in circles until they run into a pole or a tree. How did this ever get out of an internal alpha is beyond me.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Repair costs. They appear well out of proportion for more expensive vehicles.

Example - bought a new JCB Fastrac 8330. Repair meter dropped to 25% and went red at around 9 hours. So took it for repair - gobsmacked at €22k repair bill. Spent today doing a few contracts, put another 6.5 hours on it and notice the fuel was now low. Fuel usage is set to normal. €700 fill up. Those extra 6.5 hours racked up another €16k worth of repairs. Apparently the maximum is 10% of the vehicle cost.

So per hour it's costing me ~ €43 in fuel and €2375 in servicing. If I go off and do a big ploughing contract, it's probably making a loss on tractor and implement repair costs. Leasing the kit as part of the contract with no extra costs incurred would have cost me €903.

It's out of balance, needs looking at IMO. They said used tractors would need more repairs than a new one. God knows how frightening those costs are...
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:02 pm
masterplan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:02 am Eeh besides "I wanna produce flour no matter what," what is the motivation that would make me produce flour instead of just selling wheat? :confusednew:
I think (haven't made it this far yet) the flower will only be a minimal gain, the bread looks to be quite a bit better. I think if you owned the bakery and mill you would gain your (96 +50k) back faster.
Ill definitely have to collect more data but I think the benefit of productions is to slightly increase per factory so that you eventually have a large monthly amount coming in from all of your crops put together. Another benefit is to have a steady revenue all year round instead of a lot all one time of the year.
Right now I'm trying the oil mill and 2 large greenhouses and it seems fine so far, but definitely going to take the full year to go through all the crops. Here seems to be the formula:

Ended up with mill and bakery. Nice thing that mill can send flour directly to bakery and the bakery can directly sell the bread without me having to haul anything anywhere. I've played only for a while, but it seems to produce bread very slowly and therefore not much money per day. :confusednew:
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
ED209v2

Post by ED209v2 »

MagicBoy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:14 am It's out of balance, needs looking at IMO. They said used tractors would need more repairs than a new one. God knows how frightening those costs are...
Quit and delete savegame frightening. And now I have a useless button in the menu as I will never look at used equipment again.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

masterplan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:57 am
SimpleFarmer wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:02 pm

Ended up with mill and bakery. Nice thing that mill can send flour directly to bakery and the bakery can directly sell the bread without me having to haul anything anywhere. I've played only for a while, but it seems to produce bread very slowly and therefore not much money per day. :confusednew:
Same with the oil mill. Left 20000l ish of Canola with them, 3 days/months later I've had 4 pallets out and there's still 13000l left to process. That was the output of a medium sized field that was under-yielding due to weeds and lack of fertiliser.
FeldwebelNL

Post by FeldwebelNL »

My two cents after playing a few days.

- Reduce the cost of an AI helper. Had to pay 1500 for an hour work of spraying and spreading. Heck, many people don't earn this money in a month!
- Connection hoses on the Quicke and Hauer frontloaders, just as the Claas and JD forntloaders.
- A decent PTO connection between the Capello headers and the Ideal combine.
- Crop rotation.
- Precisision Farming
- decent medium or small maps.
!!! Wopster's hose system. !!!
!!! Courseplay or a decent GPS tool. !!!
!!! Follow me !!!

Game is simply not fun without these last three. Going to stop playing until these changes arrive.