FS22 - Things that need changing.

FarmerLee73

Re: FS22 - Things that need changing.

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Gormett wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:27 pm
iwan073 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:12 pm Be patient and keep checking the ModHub
This should be base game, having to depend on modders 6 hours after the game has released isn't good
We have to depend on modders for the entire lifespan of 22....They are the silent heroes!
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

lol I don't think modders will be propping up the game on day one.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:50 pm
I said ModHub. I said nothing about modders.

GIANTS are adding their missing equipment to the “ModHub”, which is now called Downloadable Content section
Ignorance is bliss
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:50 pm
Giants put up some mods. Also your wrong about modders too. Whopster already has a camera mod and gps working. Diniz has an editor to the 8r and others are just waiting on the new giants editor to get maps going.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

A good thread turned into an argument about mods, nice.
Good points in op. This game is hard lol. The workers cost so much and there's no affordable lime spreader or stone pickers. In new farmer you are forced to lease them... which is fine I suppose.
I'm noticing tearing and glitching even tho I have a 3060ti so not sure yet what's going on there, but I don't think it's a Giants problem.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Okay after 8 hours of continuous play today on both maps and on a dedicated server here are my things I think need to be changed in FS22:

On PC playing with Controller or Wheel the Start/Options button opens the menu in game, but does not allow you to close the menu if/when pressed again, instead players have to press the B/Circle button to return to game, which then has the side effect of immediately hiring an AI Helper if using the default key binds or in my case having remapped some functions causes the Cruise Control to activate and vehicle takes off. Please Giants can we close the menu with the same button that was used to open it like in previous games?

Lime Spreaders, why are there only the two trailed Bredals capable of spreading lime in FS22 and why are there no direct attach spreaders capable of doing lime? As for Spreading Technology as a whole why is there only four options in the game, and again only one of those is direct attach?

AI Helper - Why can they not do a looped course driving from a point on/near a field to a sell point or silo and back? Doing harvesting jobs would be great to have a trailer go off and sell/store the fruit when it’s full and then return to field, so the harvester can keep harvesting, wait till it’s been loaded again and then head off again. As it stands the game throws and error every time you try to set this option, yet the worker will happily drive from the field to the chosen unloading point and stop, and they’ll happily drive a course from the unloading point back to the field, but just won’t let you do it as a loop.

Pallets - Love that we can now buy multiple pallets with one button click in the store, great for buying 10 lime pallets without have to click the same button on the controller 30 times. Yet when it comes then to load and fill from those pallets we are still required to hit the refill button 10 separate times and babysit the equipment. Surely it’d been better to implement a feature where all pallets within an area of effect of the machine would be emptied when the fill button is hit until the equipments capacity has been reached. If I have 10 pallets of lime at the store, and the large Bredal I’d sooner be able to just press the refill button once next to the pallets to have 9 of them get emptied autonomously until the Bredals 18,000 capacity has been reached.

Landscaping and Painting Tools - For the the sake of everyone’s sanity and to spare people pain, can you please either disable the camera collisions when in this mode or stop the players cursor from being teleported across the screen when it passes next to an object or building that has collisions? I was trying to smooth and level terrain after removing one of the barn decorations on Elm Creek and due to the camera and cursor automagically moving ended up completely destroying field 45. Now I’m going to need to get a plough and use the create field options to put the field back into place.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Simple things from me but I think they've overcomplicated the menu's, landscaping is too fiddly & the placable icons are too small, they had it right with 19, simple & accessable to most things but his is harder than it needs to be
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Fabristunt

Post by Fabristunt »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:07 pm Whopster already has a camera mod and gps working.
What? Is GPS already available? I can't find any reference to FS22 on GitHub. Where did you find it?
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Okay so it seems just like when FS19 launched, and then when the seasons mod released and then when precision farming released, here we have FS22 releasing and harvest contracts are again bugged. Playing on the Alpine Map, took a contract to harvest Field 14 of Wheat. I harvested the whole entire field, delivered every single litre of crop I took off it, yet the contract is saying it's only 89% Complete. Can't do anything else but cancel the contract and take the penalty. 89% that's not even close. In the previous game we had contracts glitch out at 97, 98 & 99% complete, which was nearly there but not quite. 89% that feels like a whole trailer worth of crop is MIA somehow, like the field hasn't yielded anywhere near enough to fill the requirements.

Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Fabristunt wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:54 pm
What? Is GPS already available? I can't find any reference to FS22 on GitHub. Where did you find it?
Slow your road. I didn't say it is available, just he has it working. He is still working on it, but I imagine it will be this month or next.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

I want the FS19 landscaping tool back!
goaliewb

Post by goaliewb »

i cant change the number of days in a month, on PS4.
Is anyone else having this issue?
Basically a game day is a month
FS Velocity

Post by FS Velocity »

When your viewing the map and want to see what fields need to be plowed the whole map now goes red which is annoying! Same with the lime to, id prefer how it was in 19.
FS Velocity

Post by FS Velocity »

Pafarmer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:41 pm I want the FS19 landscaping tool back!
Agreed hate this new one!
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

It’s my biggest complaint so far. I do like the fact you can adjust the spreading with on the fertilizer spreaders. The small amazone one anyway.