FS22 framerate/stutter Xbox Series S

Bobbydj1980

Re: FS22 framerate/stutter Xbox Series S

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I have the series x and haven't experienced that yet of course I also heard the series s wasn't as powerful as the x it could be that or the game itself supposably there's an update but I don't think Microsoft as released it yet
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

There is definitely an FPS drop on PS5. Especially while driving in-cab but not limited to it. And it seems it is not just the PS5 but all consoles have been affected by this. Hopefully Giants could fix it without dialing down the graphics quality or resolution.
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:13 am There is definitely an FPS drop on PS5. Especially while driving in-cab but not limited to it. And it seems it is not just the PS5 but all consoles have been affected by this. Hopefully Giants could fix it without dialing down the graphics quality or resolution.
You just reminded of the terrible camera shaking when driving from inside the cab in FS17. :mrgreen:

And yes, I'm also noticing some minor framerate drops on Series X, but nothing terrible, tbh. It seems to me as if the game runs at 60 fps - does it? :confusednew:
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Dono35

Post by Dono35 »

Same problems on my Xbox séries s, the game jerks and lag and no fluidity. Where is the 60fps ? it's very frustrating, I hope that will be fixed soon.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

masterplan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:37 am
RODHA wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:13 am There is definitely an FPS drop on PS5. Especially while driving in-cab but not limited to it. And it seems it is not just the PS5 but all consoles have been affected by this. Hopefully Giants could fix it without dialing down the graphics quality or resolution.
You just reminded of the terrible camera shaking when driving from inside the cab in FS17. :mrgreen:

And yes, I'm also noticing some minor framerate drops on Series X, but nothing terrible, tbh. It seems to me as if the game runs at 60 fps - does it? :confusednew:
I guess it is coded to run at 60fps but for some reason FPS drops sub 30's at some points. It is obviously not locked to 60.
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:48 am
masterplan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:37 am

I guess it is coded to run at 60fps but for some reason FPS drops sub 30's at some points. It is obviously not locked to 60.
Like yeah, you're right, but for me, occasional fps drops are the last thing to complain about. ;)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

For now yes. But if it becomes a permanent issue then it becomes quite annoying.
PS5 / FS22
chale8

Post by chale8 »

Farmer BarleyMow wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:03 pm If it's any consolation I'm getting the same issues on the Series X
It is actually. I was already annoyed that I can't buy a Series X in the UK, hence the Series S for now. It's been brilliant with some very graphically demanding games so I was surprised to see it struggle with FS22, it's good to know that it's not down to the console.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

I just wanted to add that, annoying as this is, having multiple machines / workers running does not seem to make it worse; I had three combines running at once earlier on with no problems.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Exactly. That is why I'm hopeful that this is not an insufficient hardware issue but just a bug that can be fixed through sowftware.
PS5 / FS22
Mikes89

Post by Mikes89 »

Whilst walking around seems like the frame rates drop on the xbox series s on fs22
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

On PC the stutter is caused by TAA/AA. So check if you can disable antialising on the console. But on PC that is the fix.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

In PS5 it seems the AA is maxed out. I'm definitely not complaining because the graphics look amazing but it is just that tiny little bit of FPS drop annoys from time to time.
PS5 / FS22
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

I get frame rate stutters on the series x also. It's seems like it's the same issue from 19 when you have workers going and a bunch of equipment in one spot.
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

Another one for series X with stuttering and choppy frame rates - with this and my G920 wheel not working I’m done with ‘22 for now - back to ‘19
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm