FS22 framerate/stutter Xbox Series S

Lexie

Re: FS22 framerate/stutter Xbox Series S

Post by Lexie »

On the German forum I read Xbox is the only platform without patch 1.1.1.0, Xbox is 1.1.0.0. After the preload I've not see any update, on PS4 people now have also received a patch. So is that the reason Xbox is having those issues?
FarmerGerz18

Post by FarmerGerz18 »

I have been having this issue on Elmcreek especially by the main yard.
I normally use an old HD 1080p TV runs at 60hz but as a test I set up my PC gaming monitor which runs 1080p and165hz refresh rate.
The results were far better with my little stuttering and nice flow due to the high refresh rate.

I'm sure Giants will release a patch for Xbox soon to sort this but quite reassuring that it's not the Xbox it's the current optimisation of FS22 and if you got a decent monitor it will help for now.
Xbox One
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

I’m on Xbox series x and it happens when I rains but only when I’m walking around, in vehicle it’s fine but I’m glad it’s not just me..
You keep a Troshin :hi:
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

I’ve found for me, it’s the sept , Oct, nov months when the trees go from green to brown/ orange, from Dec onwards all is ok..for me anyway, I’ve tried even on farm manager and scratch to eliminate buildings but the same, looks like it might be the trees..
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Lexie wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:47 pm On the German forum I read Xbox is the only platform without patch 1.1.1.0, Xbox is 1.1.0.0. After the preload I've not see any update, on PS4 people now have also received a patch. So is that the reason Xbox is having those issues?
Sounds likely.
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Same on series x, like FS19 this one will be shelved for 6 months until they sort all these problems out, can even pick up a bale with pallet forks...... :hmm:
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

I did some testing today and fnd out it's depending on what direction you look at. Maybe it has something to with the trees, but I'm not sure yet. On the french map, stand nearby the Deutz harvester at the initial starting point, turn around and you will see stutter when you look towards the farmbuilings. Look to the opposit direction, and no stutter.
techpower888

Post by techpower888 »

I bought the game for Xbox Series S and experiencing the same stuttering issues. Hopefully this will be fixed in an upcoming patch. I noticed sometimes it happens and sometimes it runs at a smooth 60fps. Fingers crossed this is only temporary. Glad I'm not the only one who notices this!
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Yes that’s what I get in autumn/fall and now sometimes with toms,lettuces and strawbs…but move away from start area and all so far is ok.
crash

Post by crash »

I have a Xbox series s, and an lg cx which supports 4k@120, gsync vrr, Dolby vision, It ticks all the boxes on the Xbox test screen :shock: And so that's what my Xbox is set to. (Have bought a high speed hdmi..) I guess the tv upscales the picture, but that's ok... The Hz hovers from 70-118. And i can't say that this game have problems fs19 alread to had. I have the odd flickering shadow, especially coming around the corner of the workshop on elm creek. And for low fps, yes it happens. The game dosent like lots of stuff on one place. So a lot of 8stacks with grain/fert bags is a no go imo.. And i have low fps if I just stand at the farm and rotate around, but I havent found the source of this.. Is the game unplayable, not by any means. I've had one total lock up, which I had to quit to the menu and then quit the game itself. I was changing between front loader and rear tolls attaching and detaching them some times.. And I've had 1 out 11 honney pallets sink into the ground slightly. I backed up, made sure I could get som speed and rammed it out of the ground. And I've had 1 bale fall Thru because managed to land a unwrapped bale on top of a wrapped one, when the wrapper got the bale onto top wrap it, the wrapped one *censored* in.. played 45hours on same save, used nearly 600slots.
Last edited by crash on Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

The stutters are giving me motion sickness, so yes it's unplayble for me. FS19 was fine on my PS4 slim, FS22 with those stutters on my Series S is not fine at all. I don't even know this is a low framerate or something else, looks more like lag. FS17 didnl also suffers more from this behaviour.
Evo111

Post by Evo111 »

I am also suffering from the frame rate drop. I notice it massively when I load the curtain side trailer with lettuce maybe about half full and then the game almost becomes unplayable the frames drop so low. Only solved once the trailer is unloaded
Playing on PS5
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

After the update still stutters, same as before. I made a bug report, get reply fixed in next patch, same ****.... What a mess this game. Tried some farming in Erlengrat, came near the cows, their moaning, so loud I almost blow the speakers of my TV.
Farmer BarleyMow

Post by Farmer BarleyMow »

Lexie wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:19 pm After the update still stutters, same as before. I made a bug report, get reply fixed in next patch, same ****.... What a mess this game. Tried some farming in Erlengrat, came near the cows, their moaning, so loud I almost blow the speakers of my TV.
It is a bit better since the patch BUT still very much unacceptable. I don't think Xbox would be showcasing the seriesX with FS22. :lol: I have bought about a dozen games from Xbox GPP & none of them has had such poor performance as FS22. I thought Subnautica ran rough when it first released on GPP but it was still better than this.

Giants knocked it out the park with all the new features etc but it don't count for nothing if plays like this & I only hope they can get it sorted or it's another developer that I will avoid like the plague.

Do Giants do the ports for console or do they outsource it to other company's?
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Not sure but I changed my tv so it can do 120fps and all stutter etc have gone, my old Samsung did 60fps, the difference is amazing, I’m on series x .