Radio - Play Local Songs

Faelandaea

Radio - Play Local Songs

Post by Faelandaea »

Can someone please tell me the great guru secret to ACTUALLY playing local MP3 Files in-game? I stream to YouTube and every time I try to start the in-game radio to play some tunes for some background music, all I do is bring up internet radio stations, even though I have MP3 files in my music folder for FS22 (not subfolders). Thanks to this, my current live stream (which I am doing even as I type this) is now going to get struck by copyright claims. Not cool.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
cwattyeso

Re: Radio - Play Local Songs

Post by cwattyeso »

If FS22 works exactly the same as FS19 with MP3 files or a Shortcut to an MP3 folder in the Music Folder in the FS22 saved data folder, to access the MP3s you should just enable the in-game radio which will start playing the default in game radio station (not a internet radio station) then you should just be able to press the key for the previous radio channel, which should then start playing your MP3s.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

I'll give it a try. Frustratingly kept flipping through everything and it seemed like there was some built-in game "radios" with stuff installed with the game and then some online streams, which made no sense since I purposefully deleted the online streams file. It was tuning into Trucksim radio, etc. Suffice it to say, had to take that episode for my live stream down because the moment you hit any music that is not royalty free it's game over for copyright infringement and I didn't want to risk YouTube smacking me as a content creator for that.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Faelandaea wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:02 am The moment you hit any music that is not royalty free it's game over for copyright infringement and I didn't want to risk YouTube smacking me as a content creator for that.
Don't twitch do that too? :hmm:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

I think so. Twitch frankly treats their content creators like the scum of the earth. I stream that way on the side just for kicks but never really had any respect or care for them since they do not have any respect or care for their users.
Faelandaea Dravin
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

As a fellow creator, not sure what software you are streaming with but for myself using OBS I use the feature to have a separate music track be captured on separate channel and then within the streaming settings have this track broadcast to the livestream, but then for the VOD I do not have that audio track enabled. This means viewers of the my livestreams can enjoy the music during a stream, however for people watching the VOD back later, or when I export the video to my YouTube Channel, there is no music in the video so no fear of any copyright issues. This means I no longer use the in game radio anymore and just use Spotify to play my local media library and customised playlists.
Faelandaea wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:02 am I'll give it a try. Frustratingly kept flipping through everything and it seemed like there was some built-in game "radios" with stuff installed with the game and then some online streams, which made no sense since I purposefully deleted the online streams file.
The streaming internet radios xml in the music folder only exists to let you add links to your own and preferred online radio stations, so can add other online stations in the game. It does not control the stations that Giants have chosen and selected to include in the game. There are the 6 local Game Radio Stations which basically play MP3/OGG files in a loop from the games music folder in the installation directory and then Giants also includes some handpicked online streams like TruckersRadio, 80s Hairband etc

If you want to disable the internet radio stations, go into your gamesettings.xml in your saved data folder and find the following line: <soundPlayer allowStreams="true"/>
Change it to False and it'll disable the streaming radio stations and only allow the game radio stations and your local MP3 folder.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Thank you so much for the reply!
cwattyeso wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:06 am As a fellow creator, not sure what software you are streaming with but for myself using OBS I use the feature to have a separate music track be captured on separate channel and then within the streaming settings have this track broadcast to the livestream, but then for the VOD I do not have that audio track enabled. This means viewers of the my livestreams can enjoy the music during a stream, however for people watching the VOD back later, or when I export the video to my YouTube Channel, there is no music in the video so no fear of any copyright issues. This means I no longer use the in game radio anymore and just use Spotify to play my local media library and customised playlists.
I honestly never thought of doing it that way. I may have to check that out for sure. I have literally hours of YouTUbe approved free music that I have been using to play during streams and pre-recorded videos as background soundtracks so I can keep my videos sounding professional but not pirated LOL. The main focus of my channel is trucking, and helping newer drivers learn the trade, but I also love to stream simulation when I am home on my home-time, mainly focusing on ATS, ETS2 and FS22 now that it is released.
cwattyeso wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:06 am The streaming internet radios xml in the music folder only exists to let you add links to your own and preferred online radio stations, so can add other online stations in the game. It does not control the stations that Giants have chosen and selected to include in the game. There are the 6 local Game Radio Stations which basically play MP3/OGG files in a loop from the games music folder in the installation directory and then Giants also includes some handpicked online streams like TruckersRadio, 80s Hairband etc

If you want to disable the internet radio stations, go into your gamesettings.xml in your saved data folder and find the following line: <soundPlayer allowStreams="true"/>
Change it to false and it'll disable the streaming radio stations and only allow the game radio stations and your local MP3 folder.
BOOM!!!!! THAT'S exactly what I was looking for. THANK YOU!!!!! I do not know if the local music has any snags for people making videos, but I certainly know the online streams do and so that's what I wanted to avoid. I just started my day so I plan to get into the game today to also try what you mentioned earlier (start radio then go previous station) to see if I can find my local music. Maybe it has a specific title that was making me think it was something else?
Faelandaea Dravin
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

I tried setting this up in FS22 this afternoon, with no success. But what puzzles me is how many people keep referring to the “saved data” folder. There is no such folder name under my FS22 install, nor in my User folder tree. What’s the actual exact name and expected location of this fabled “saved data” folder?
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Well the GOOD news is using cwattyeso's help above I got mine to work, but apparently FS22 cannot recognize more than a handful of songs. I dropped 500songs in the folder and during a 4 hour live stream it played the same few songs over and over and although I could spam "next song" and get to a different song, once that song ended it kept going back to the same handful of songs.

So small victory, but I am going to just try to get OBS working with music using that route.
Faelandaea Dravin
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Mystic wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:41 pm I tried setting this up in FS22 this afternoon, with no success. But what puzzles me is how many people keep referring to the “saved data” folder. There is no such folder name under my FS22 install, nor in my User folder tree. What’s the actual exact name and expected location of this fabled “saved data” folder?
We're just talking about the folder for FS22 that is in your Documents/MyGames folder, so ...

.../Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator22/music for the music folder and ...
.../Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator22/gameSettings.xml for the change he mentioned above to get rid of Live internet stations.

Hope this helps.
Faelandaea Dravin
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

Faelandaea wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:47 pm
Mystic wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:41 pm I tried setting this up in FS22 this afternoon, with no success. But what puzzles me is how many people keep referring to the “saved data” folder. There is no such folder name under my FS22 install, nor in my User folder tree. What’s the actual exact name and expected location of this fabled “saved data” folder?
We're just talking about the folder for FS22 that is in your Documents/MyGames folder, so ...

.../Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator22/music for the music folder and ...
.../Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator22/gameSettings.xml for the change he mentioned above to get rid of Live internet stations.

Hope this helps.
It certainly did … thanks for the precise info!
Luke Gill

Post by Luke Gill »

.OGG files work too. Find an online converter and throw them in the music folder. It will show the title of the song in-game
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

I sometimes disable the radio and have Spotify playing in the background!! On Xbox you can use Spotify in the background and still hear the audio from the game.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Faelandaea wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:35 am I think so. Twitch frankly treats their content creators like the scum of the earth. I stream that way on the side just for kicks but never really had any respect or care for them since they do not have any respect or care for their users.
Interesting I haven't used Twitch yet but was thinking of doing livestream's on there and keeping the how to videos and mod videos on YT. I might reconsider Twitch if that's the case. :gamer:
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
the.geremy

Post by the.geremy »

I have songs stored under C:\Users\user_name\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\music and everything ok, even when I have only shortcut there to my music folder under documents. But can anybody explain to me why My radio in game dont display name of the song and interpret?
:gamer: FS22 Seasons is great! First time a was able to past winter.