alha alha

Re: Collectors Edition unavailable

Post by alha alha »

Ok, ok, good to hear, thanks!
genghisgandhi

Post by genghisgandhi »

Seriously what's with all the fanboys?

I have ordered a number of thing from the UK the last few years. Nothing took longer than a week.

Yes there are delays but two weeks when the game is readily available in the UK is un acceptable.

The solution is Giants Software reallocate any CE copies until all pre-orders have been full filled. That would be good customer service vs shipping CE copies to retailers who have already have full filled their pre-orders.
xendoshi

Post by xendoshi »

Been following this topic since release. I pre-ordered mine from best buy in August and would like to confirm that my two copies [one for me and one for my six year old son] are out for delivery today.

Also to note I received on the 6th an email saying it should also arrive no latter then 12-21 and then an email followed up yesterday [12-7] saying it was going to be delivered today [12-8] along with a tracking number.

I never called best buy or anything. I figured if I got it great, if not then I was just going to wait for it to be on sale in 4 months time or so. But its being delivered today.

Anyhow just wanted to let people know here on the official forums that the product is getting delivered to some people.
genghisgandhi

Post by genghisgandhi »

SWEET!!!!! Thanks for the update Xendoshi!

Great to finally have some real news on the Best Buy orders!
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

genghisgandhi wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:56 pm Seriously what's with all the fanboys?

I have ordered a number of thing from the UK the last few years. Nothing took longer than a week.

Yes there are delays but two weeks when the game is readily available in the UK is un acceptable.

The solution is Giants Software reallocate any CE copies until all pre-orders have been full filled. That would be good customer service vs shipping CE copies to retailers who have already have full filled their pre-orders.
I certainly wouldn't classify myself as a "Giants Fanboy". I've been quite critical of Giants, many many times.

This is a bigger issue than Giants. I don't care if you're ordering stuff from the UK, China, Antarctica, or the Moon... watch the news, Stuff travels by ships. Ships are quite literally sitting in the ocean waiting to be unloaded for weeks at a time.

Also, ordering things in "the last few years", has no bearing on what's happening today, at this very minute. I also USED to get my amazon prime packages in 2 days. Now I'm lucky if I get them in a week.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
Vorden

Post by Vorden »

I FINALLY got my Collector's Edition today from Best Buy!
genghisgandhi

Post by genghisgandhi »

Notoriousweber, Is Giants Software 100% to blame? No, they are about 1/3 along with the shipper and retailer.

I work in retail. Our issue has been product availability. Once it does become available it might take a few extra days, not weeks. Again I personally order items from the UK to the US on a semi regular basis and have not had any shipping delay beyond 2 or 3 days, never a week or more.

The best manufactures I deal with keep me up to date with product arrival, distributor availability and expected availability. The poor manufactures just blame it on covid and say wait, wait, wait.

Don't know about amazon, I don't use them very much. I do know USPS has been 3 or 4 days longer, I try and avoid them now. UPS and Fedex or maybe a day longer if any delay. Even had a small package from South Africa show up in just 3 days with Fedex! A bicycle frame from South Africa took 5 to 6 days.
genghisgandhi

Post by genghisgandhi »

NICE Vorden! Looks like the CE is FINALLY in the US!
xendoshi

Post by xendoshi »

Like Vorden I have also just received my copies from Best Buy as well. . . . If you ask me well worth the wait.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Just got an email saying mine is ready for pickup
Playing on PC and PS4
genghisgandhi

Post by genghisgandhi »

Nice Drmattymd! Thanks for the updates everyone!

Now if I would have waited one more day, I wouldn't of had anything to complain about! :)