Collectors Edition unavailable

genghisgandhi

Re: Collectors Edition unavailable

Post by genghisgandhi »

Thanks for the update. Still no word on my pre-order from Bestbuy. I wonder if anyone in Americas (North, Central and South) have received the collector's edition.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

I've seen some posts where people have gotten confirmation theirs has shipped from Best Buy. Mine hasn't said its ready but they did finally charge my card so that's encouraging
Playing on PC and PS4
genghisgandhi

Post by genghisgandhi »

Good to hear Bestbuy has sent some shipping conformations. My order is pickup so hopefully it's on the way to the store.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

genghisgandhi wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:49 am Thanks for the update. Still no word on my pre-order from Bestbuy. I wonder if anyone in Americas (North, Central and South) have received the collector's edition.
Just received my CE last week from Walmart.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Pyraticc

Post by Pyraticc »

Best buy sent me an email saying i might get it by December 21st. Also still waiting for my Game Stop order to show that it shipped. Really upset with Giants lack of response to any of this.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Pyraticc wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:05 pm Best buy sent me an email saying i might get it by December 21st. Also still waiting for my Game Stop order to show that it shipped. Really upset with Giants lack of response to any of this.
What kind of response do you want? They have already acknowledged the issue and have said they were working with the NA distributors to get it sorted out
Playing on PC and PS4
genghisgandhi

Post by genghisgandhi »

Quite simply we would like the CE that was to be available on 11/22, and that was 2 weeks ago!!!

It is clear that they did not have the enough CE made, yet continued to sell them with delivery date of 11/22. That should not have happened.

At this point they should be shipping some of the currently available CE from the UK/EU to the US distributors/retailers. That would take less than a week for us pre-order customers to finally receive the CE.

It would be nice to have a date on when the North American distributors expect the game, along with a date on when the retailers will have it. This is not to much to ask for. Tracking is easy in the year 2021.

If we don't complain about this complete failure of the Farming Simulator 22 CE then what is stopping Giants Software from doing the same thing next time?
genghisgandhi

Post by genghisgandhi »

So they can't send us a code to download while we wait for the CE in the US? They can in the UK!!!!!!!!!!

CE is currently available at game.co.uk. It includes a download code as well as the game. I would like this same option in the US for all of us who pre-ordered the game.

Sadly game.co.uk does not seem to take US phone numbers so I can't order the game from the UK :(
Pyraticc

Post by Pyraticc »

From what i understand, the CE comes with a download code anyways, so why couldn't they confirm our pre-orders and send us a code the next day? Regardless if its on Giants side or their distributor, there should have been better communication and options available within a week.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

genghisgandhi wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:30 pm Quite simply we would like the CE that was to be available on 11/22, and that was 2 weeks ago!!!

It is clear that they did not have the enough CE made, yet continued to sell them with delivery date of 11/22. That should not have happened.

At this point they should be shipping some of the currently available CE from the UK/EU to the US distributors/retailers. That would take less than a week for us pre-order customers to finally receive the CE.

It would be nice to have a date on when the North American distributors expect the game, along with a date on when the retailers will have it. This is not to much to ask for. Tracking is easy in the year 2021.

If we don't complain about this complete failure of the Farming Simulator 22 CE then what is stopping Giants Software from doing the same thing next time?
First of all you assume this is a problem of Giant's not having enough made. Have you considered that this is a shipping problem and not necessarily Giant's fault? You do realize that EVERYTHING is having shipping issues these days, right?
Second, if you didn't order direct from Giants then they don't know you ordered it so how are they supposed to give you a code?
Playing on PC and PS4
alha alha

Post by alha alha »

Pyraticc wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:03 pm From what i understand, the CE comes with a download code anyways, so why couldn't they confirm our pre-orders and send us a code the next day? Regardless if its on Giants side or their distributor, there should have been better communication and options available within a week.
Wait, what? You mean you Still have to download the game, even after paying for the physical media (and yeah, the beacon, etc)? If I'd wanted to download it, I would have done that on the 22nd. If this is going to be installed onto an off line PC, is there an option to download it as a .iso at least? If this info is correct, then this is quite disappointing.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Pyraticc wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:03 pm From what i understand, the CE comes with a download code anyways, so why couldn't they confirm our pre-orders and send us a code the next day? Regardless if its on Giants side or their distributor, there should have been better communication and options available within a week.
Because you ordered it from a 3rd party retailer not Giants. Giants doesn't know who bought it, they just know x amount of copies were sold at best buy. Each game sold has its own code, so now what happens if they give you a different code to use? Suddenly you have an extra "free" copy of the game.
Playing on PC and PS4
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

You dont have to download it, that's an option
Playing on PC and PS4
genghisgandhi

Post by genghisgandhi »

Drmattymd, so it's ok that the game is 2 weeks late?!? The shipping problem should not have taken more that two weeks, if they put a priority of fixing it.

It is as much Giants Software fault as it is the distributor, shipper and retailer. Giant Software is responsible for the logistics of using reliable shippers. Clearly they did not or have put a priority on having the CE available in the UK for the holidays.

Just built a new bike, had to order some parts from the UK, no more than THREE DAYS. Two weeks and no pre-order while the CE is readily available in the UK? That is unacceptable.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

genghisgandhi wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:19 pm Drmattymd, so it's ok that the game is 2 weeks late?!? The shipping problem should not have taken more that two weeks, if they put a priority of fixing it.

It is as much Giants Software fault as it is the distributor, shipper and retailer. Giant Software is responsible for the logistics of using reliable shippers. Clearly they did not or have put a priority on having the CE available in the UK for the holidays.

Just built a new bike, had to order some parts from the UK, no more than THREE DAYS. Two weeks and no pre-order while the CE is readily available in the UK? That is unacceptable.
Are you living in a box? Do you not have access to a television? Clearly you have access to the internet....

Shipping logistics are a literal world wide nightmare right now. It's absolutley 0% Giants fault.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.