Collectors Edition unavailable

wiseguy49

Collectors Edition unavailable

Post by wiseguy49 »

I'm making this post here because apparently Giants is unaware of the lack of availability of the Collectors Edition. I can speak for Bestbuy specifically who is saying they don't have the game from the distributor and it could be anywhere from a day to a month away.

So now I can't get the collectors, I don't want to buy through Giants with the download servers being very sporadic (which hey giants thats a problem too).

Anyone else?
Fordimus

Re: Collectors Edition unavailable

Post by Fordimus »

I've also heard reports of Gamestop admitting this has been a "...." show, and amazon not getting the game out as well.

Also, to note, Best Buy told me if they don't get it by December 6th they are going to auto cancel my order and refund me. But that doesn't solve the fact that I want the collector's edition..
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Meanwhile people who are getting the press kits (which include the collectors edition) for free they are arriving to people on a daily basis. So us paying customers are once again are sitting here with our thumbs you know where. Ain't that America?
Fordimus

Post by Fordimus »

While I agree with your sentiment, the frustration and anger. There's reports of people in Germany who ordered through Amazon not getting the game as well. But I agree, these companies should have had the game by at least a week ago. And I also agree with the content creators getting these copies is annoying, I paid and can't get it. They get it free and early because it'll make more money and scam us paying customers is what it feels like.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I didn't realize that people overseas were also having these same issues. All I had heard about was the US.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

As they say on their website, the collectors edition is a limited edition.

So only available while stocks last.

Guess you’re not one of the lucky ones

https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=235
Ignorance is bliss
Fordimus

Post by Fordimus »

iwan073 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:35 am As they say on their website, the collectors edition is a limited edition.

So only available while stocks last.

Guess you’re not one of the lucky ones

https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=235

Uhh, I call bull on that one. I pre-ordered my collector's edition the day pre-orders went live.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Fordimus wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:37 am Uhh, I call bull on that one. I pre-ordered my collector's edition the day pre-orders went live.
You and many others.

So you can call it what you like, but they’re probably out of stock
Ignorance is bliss
Fordimus

Post by Fordimus »

iwan073 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:38 am
Fordimus wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:37 am Uhh, I call bull on that one. I pre-ordered my collector's edition the day pre-orders went live.
You and many others.

So you can call it what you like, but they’re probably out of stock
All you gotta do is go on the many discords and see this edition isn't getting delivered en masse, between all retailers. Stop fanboying for Giants and hold them accountable for this failed launch.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

There supposed to cut off selling them before overselling them, or at least that’s what happens with other games
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Ah, so telling what the probable cause is, is fanboying?

I’m sorry that no one ever explained to you what limited editions are.

Good luck though. Maybe you’re lucky and one will come your way.
Ignorance is bliss
rr38

Post by rr38 »

I ordered my ce july 22nd. My local best buy contacted me today and said they werent able to fulfill my order on time. I actually went into the store and was told that they had no idea when it would be available and i would be better off canceling. Now i have bought the game direct from giants and after an hour of trying to get the download to work i finally started downloading. 3 1/2 hours later and still have 16 to go. Not a good start for the whole self publishing thing giants.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I also preordered on day 1. This is a massive fail and a middle finger to Giants biggest supporters - the ones paying almost double for the game for probably a $5 beacon.

And yes this is across multiple retailers. I'm specifically mentioning bestbuy because that is my experience.
Fordimus

Post by Fordimus »

iwan073 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:45 am Ah, so telling what the probable cause is, is fanboying?

I’m sorry that no one ever explained to you what limited editions are.

Good luck though. Maybe you’re lucky and one will come your way.
Don't try to insult my intelligence. That's not probable cause, the fact this is scuffed all over shows its a failure on their part, and not a "YoU dOnT uNdErStAnD LiMiTeD eDiTiOnS". And if that is the case, as the other person stated, they shouldn't have oversold. So yes, what you're doing is fanboying, and making a theory with nothing to back it up.

When you sell something, you agree on the price and date, I delivered my part, they deliver theirs. I can't sell my car and then be like, yeah but, you might not get it for a week, or maybe even a month. Making a purchase is a deal, and they're not holding up their end.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I have bought or tried to buy multiple limited edition games and my experience is that the retailer only has so many copies to sell then they tell you they are out of stock, you don’t order them like some kind of lottery. Those are all American gaming companies or publishers to the best of my knowledge though so perhaps different standards overseas🤷‍♂️ Now that’s not saying the issue is with the retailer or giants but one of the me mentioned retailers is my preferred spot for preorders of console games and I’ve never run into this.